It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volvo's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hey everyone!!!!! I just thought I would get peoples opinnions on what they think about and if they have a Volvo 850 sedan or wagon?? What kinds of problems have you had and what you really like about the car. I personally don't have one yet, but Im in the process of fixing that

-Dagger

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well I don't own a Volvo, and probably never will. I work on cars a lot and a friend of mine loved them. Of course I was recruited to work on his Volvo a time or two. The unibody construction and material thickness' used seems to be a lot better (stronger) than American counterparts, which is why they (Volvo) claim to have the safest cars. Other than that, the mechanical components seemed to be inline with nearly every other car.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Volvo 850 owner walks in to gas station attendant and says "I want a new windscreen wiper for my Volvo 850."

Gas station attendant looks out at car and says "OK, that's a fair swap."

Nothing like a good extension of the Lada-Skoda humor franchise.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have an Aero, have put nearly 200, 000 miles on it, still get 26 MPG +, and it's still a pisser to drive. Plus, Saab has beaten Volvo for the crown in Sweden when it comes to crash test ratings.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Will have to post up some pics, and maybe some mpegs, of a friends Volvo when I get home *pics etc on my home 'puter*. Its an older 740 Turbo I think...and he drag races it!

Its actually not a bad hauler for its age and type...and has dispatched more than its fair share of competition in its class on the dragstrip.

One of the last dragmeets he attended, the race announcer could be heard jokingly: "In Lane 2 is Mike and his Volvo. Modifications are a sunroof, leather seats, air conditioning and a CD Player"

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Volvos are fine, but there is only one car for me ...

A Jaguar XJ220

join