It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder: You Have a Right to Record the Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com... o-record-the-police-94721403794.html

YES we do and need to thats all folks just a lil reminder..

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Hmmm... the page you're looking for isn't here. Try searching above

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

ok fixed that was weird

edit on 14-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Good Find!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Reminder: You Have a Right to Record the Police"

It's probably best just to let the person standing next to you do the recording.

Roid Rage is Real.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In some states it is a felony to record police. Also, cops generally don't know the law, they are not lawyers.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not just a right --a civil responsibility to record their actions. Safety in numbers.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
In some states it is a felony to record police. Also, cops generally don't know the law, they are not lawyers.

From what I understand supreme court trumps that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That's really the only way to combat them. Record them in their criminal acts of brutality so the world can see.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Also, cops generally don't know the law, they are not lawyers.

But yet they will arrest you for breaking the law they might now know, makes sense.
I hope you weren't posting that in some type of defense for cops, cause if they are going to arrest you for breaking a law, they better know that that law. I think that is part of their job, I could be mistaken tho

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: abe froman

Also, cops generally don't know the law, they are not lawyers.

But yet they will arrest you for breaking the law they might now know, makes sense.
I hope you weren't posting that in some type of defense for cops, cause if they are going to arrest you for breaking a law, they better know that that law. I think that is part of their job, I could be mistaken tho

I didn't read a defense of cops and no you aren't mistaken either. they should know the law. I think he meant there is a huge difference in the law and procedure. They will do whatever they need to do in the moment and if it violates someones rights that is a matter for the courts.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

REMINDER: Try not to get into a situation where you feel the need to record the police.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

+1

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: switchqm8

REMINDER: Try not to get into a situation where you feel the need to record the police.

You can be the third party and record the police.
And it easy to say don't get in the situation, but when you do, you have the right to record what goes down to protect yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In the states where all parties must consent to a recording it may be. There have been cases won even in Illinois the state with the strictest laws about recording.

www.flexyourrights.org...

reply to: abe froman

edit on PM000000310000000883339312014-08-14T15:39:11-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Many cops don't know the laws about recording. You can politely remind them but they can still arrest you. Of course it will probably get thrown out of court but you've still spent time in jail and spent money on a lawyer.

a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Always be very discreet when videoing LEOs, It's been known for them to mistake a camera for a gun; or so they say.
Stay back as far as you can and zoom in. Be ready to switch SD cards when they confiscate your camera or phone.
It's best to be in a crowd of people.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

And some money on bail unless you want to sit in a cell for 2-5 days awaiting to see the judge about the 'crime'

I know this is a pipe dream, but I wonder how much of a change it would be if cops were required to be lawyers, or at least know the law to the degree a lawyer does.
I am sure some will say they do, but I highly doubt it.

ETA: and thanks for the link about recording, answered some questions I did have about my state and the laws regarding it
edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 18:22:33 -0500America/Chicago820143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Look. Youre 1,000% right. But that wont stop them from stopping you anyway...including smashing your camera. They will do it, they have done it, and will continue to do it.

We have to remember this...of course its a case of us saying "Hey. You cant do that!" as they smash it to the ground or stop you filming. They will. You arent gonna sue them over it today...not tomorrrow...not in a week.

And if you do? It will take a LONG time to come to any justice for you. Bottom line? They can't...but they will. Just like that illegal search and seizure crap.

OF COURSE they need a warrant. But that is little consolation while they are doing it. They have always done it this way.It wont stop them at the time.

Thats my whole point. So? It WILL happen 1st anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join