It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon to pull county police out of Ferguson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. - Gov. Jay Nixon will pull St. Louis County police out of Ferguson after four days of angry protests over the killing of an unarmed black teenager, Sen. Claire McCaskill confirmed on Thursday.

Nixon traveled to Ferguson Thursday to meet with church and community leaders about the unrest. "It is my understanding that the county police will be taken off the investigation," the Democratic senator said.

"The police response needs to be demilitarized, " she said after meeting with clergy. "I think the police response has become part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution. We all got to take a deep breath and realize that the vast majority of people protesting have a constitutional right ... They are my bosses and I want to make sure they have an environment of safety and respect."

ksdk

I agree with the governor this needs to be demilitarized. Peaceful protests being broken up each night with militarized police needs to stop. The have a right to protest with out being attacked.

Wow I didn't expect this.

The County police are the bulk of the riot cops or at least half.
edit on 14-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Get these thugs out of there.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is a major de escalation of the last 4 days. I'm not gonna say its over, but I was really worried about tonight after viewing what happened last night.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

What took her so long? I agree with what she said, but I think she should of intervened much earlier. I guess it's better late than never.

Not only are those protesters her boss, so are the police and everyone else with a government job in Ferguson. I wait for her to force the police department to publicly show any evidence and documented witness accounts. Give the name of the cop and throw him in jail just like any other citizen who would be suspected of murder. He can be protected behind bars until he awaits his trial. What's the problem? She has the power to do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Sen. Claire McCaskill doesn't have the authority. Gov. Nixon is in charge of all of this, she was confirming and giving her own opinions.

(post by FirePiston removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston
So when the police leave and they start looting and rioting again, and the police don't show, will they be upset at the police again? "Why you is not be helping us?!"
Firepiston
Can you say "National Guard"? Sure you can.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Did someone say National Guard?

I believe this is a situation for...(drum roll)...General Honore'! (Some may recall him from 'Stuck on stupid' fame). He did quite a job while he had influence there.

Someone give him a temp commission in the Mo-Guard and get this thing sorted out without more injury.

(post by FirePiston removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry, meant to post this in another thread...

So are you all watching the press conference with the governor now? I am and I am switching back and forth from Fox to CNN ( I am in a hotel and those are my only options). What I am seeing is an excellent education in how the various "news" organizations are manipulating the viewers and directing the development of opinions about the crisis in Ferguson.

Both stations are showing the same news conference in near synchronization and both have split the screen so the conference is taking half the screen and they are rolling repeating clips from last night's protests and riots on the other half.

It is very obvious when you flip back and forth exactly what each station wants you to think is happening in Ferguson. CNN's footage shows little violence from the protesters, mostly just people marching around, standing in clouds of tear gas, running from advancing police lines, etc etc. Fox's clips show the looters, burned down businesses, people throwing bricks and rocks, LEOs making a courageous stand against the violent criminals who are tearing the community apart, etc etc.

Text book manipulation. It has gotten so obvious that these two 'news' organizations can no longer be trusted to provide trustworthy weather reports let alone cogent discussion about current events.

The other question I had was why were they splitting the screen during a live event anyway? Shouldn't we be concentrating on what is being said? What is being done? What the officials are thinking and planning? Splitting the screen only serves to misdirect viewer's attention away from what is being said. Why? So people will not know what was actually put out at the conference? So the station has less chance of being called out when they misrepresent the speakers in the future?

This blatant misdirection and outright manipulation is disgusting!

(sigh) Sorry for the rant, ATSians.....
edit on 8/14/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston
I say this is a situation for:

1. Construction crews to build a fence around the ghetto and every other ghetto in America.
2. A bomber of your choice to drop a warhead on each one after the fact.
3. Volunteer snipers outside the fence to pick off any escaping survivors.

Warnings to evacuate the cities will be given, to give the smart ones a chance. And just like Katrina, they wont, and after is all said and done, violent crime in America drops by 90+%. (stats based on actual crime statistics on "who" commits it")
Firepiston

You solution is the "final solution"?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Protesting does not cover destruction of public or private property. It does not allow the use of Molotov cocktails. It does not allow the use of force. It does not allow protestors to block public right of ways. It does not allow protestors to block the entrances to business, public or private.

The St. Louis county police is the only county where the head of the department is not elected. Voters made that change in the 1950's as a result of St. Louis becoming an independent city in Missouri.

As for Nixon the Missouri state highway patrol has taken over from St. Louis county.

Several federal senators are calling for martial law and the national guard to be nationalized to "protect" protesters, which does nothing but expose their ignorance on how laws work.

I also find it interesting no one is talking about the second shooting on the second night of rioting where St. Louis city police shot and killed a "protestor" who was armed and pointed his gun at police. God forbid that info get out.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Jesus christ man, you are just gung ho about Tyranny is all its forms aren't you?

You make me sick. Why on Earth should a PROTEST be subjected to so many rules?

No looting obviously - but blocking public roadways? Give me a #ing break - you expect the hundreds of people to walk single file down the sidewalk?

People like you are why we are living in a police state. Your nazi supporting views are not welcome here. Go join the police force or something. Obviously you would love to take part in some tyranny yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Jesus christ man, you are just gung ho about Tyranny is all its forms aren't you?

Not at all but apparently you are all gung ho about ignorance.

You make me sick. Why on Earth should a PROTEST be subjected to so many rules?

Why should the rights of the protestors supersede the rights of those not involved?

No looting obviously -

gee ya think?

but blocking public roadways? Give me a #ing break - you expect the hundreds of people to walk single file down the sidewalk?

What part of blocking public right of ways is confusing you? Where did I say anything about single file? Why is it difficult for those protesting to, gee I don't know, maybe move the hell out of the way when cars / people need to get through who aren't involved? Contrary to whats occurring and apparently your mindset, the world in Ferguson and outside of it is still present. It does not stop for whats occurring and to interfere with the rights of those not involved is as bad as the shooting itself.

People like you are why we are living in a police state. Your nazi supporting views are not welcome here. Go join the police force or something. Obviously you would love to take part in some tyranny yourself.

People like you, the ignorant and single minded, are why people think they live in a police state. If we lived in one you would not be posting about how much of one you live in.

As for your last asinine comment get real and stop with the bs bluster. I don't agree with what some of the protestors are doing.. I guess that makes me an enemy in your book. A mindset just as bad as you think the police hold.

Now if your done with your uninformed temper tantrum and putting words in my mouth, feel free to reread what I posted and explain how you got what you posted out of my post.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join