It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Whatever, see what you want to see, listen to what you want to listen to, speak only when it suits your agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For what it is worth i am a member of oath keepers and sent them this question and posted this to their boards.
First i am a member on the east coast but what i want to know is where are the oath keepers to help keep the peaceful protesters from getting abused by law enforcement? They were quick to get to the Bundy ranch but have not heard a thing about getting to ST Louis? I would like a answer to this question. If the oath keepers are not going to respond to this i will no longer be a member. Our rights are our rights no matter what neighborhood they are in.
They allowed it to be posted on the board after mod review but still am waiting for a answer. Also what are the gun laws in that state out of curiosity anyone know.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just to use my imagination for a second here.

Let's say some militia members do show up. They just sit, armed, with the protesters. They are well behaved. It gets to be dusk. Some of the "few" bad apples shows up. Somehow, a group manages to disarm and steal just one militia member's legal weapon.

Can you even imagine what could happen with that scenario?

Or, what happens if a bad apple pulls a gun on a member? And the member shoots him? How about that scenario?

You cannot compare the Bundy event with this one. Apples to oranges, WITHOUT the race card.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The only way any militia (to include OathKeepers) would have a positive effect would be for them to show up in numbers several times over than at Bundy's ranch, unarmed, dressed normally and form a human shield around the protesters.

Who, I bet, would not be pleased about that at all.

This is a local matter. Let's the locals handle it. A kid was killed, and that's sad, but it happens every freaking day multiple times, sometimes even in the same city, not only in America, but around the world.

Where is the flipping outcry then on a freaking daily basis! Hypocrites!
edit on 14-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I quoted what you said, if you want to tell me where I am wrong about it then tell me, don't hit me with a picture saying that I am only see what I want to see.
Defend what you said

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Simple answer, what if that didn't happen?

Don't come around with what if's, they don't add anything to conversations

You cannot compare the Bundy event with this one. Apples to oranges, WITHOUT the race card.

And why? What is different?
Are peoples rights not being taken away from them right now? Isn't that what the bundy thing was about? His right to his land?
edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 13:36:20 -0500America/Chicago820142080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My question is: What would you want the militia to do in this scenario? From a tactical view point, theres not much they can do without putting the protesters in harms way. Can you think of a game plan that would ensure the militias presence would bring peace to the situation?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Take a look at what some of these militia groups are doing, and tell me if you think they are good guys or racists? The problem is some of these militias are hiding behind the facade of being "freedom defenders," in reality they are hate groups preaching the same old racist rhetoric.

The latest example is Cliven Bundy's militia, when he revealed his racist undertones:
Cliven Bundy’s Racism Taints American Militia, Gun Owners

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Whats to defend?

I can't help it if you don't understand it. That's on you, not me.

I'm just saying that the militias are smart by staying out of this.

If you're so brave, go their yourself. Ferguson is nowhere near me, so as far as I'm concerned, for now it's a local matter.

And we have all seen this time and time again...it's so predictable that Vegas should be making odds on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Excuse Me?

If you don't like my posts, which are on topic, DON"T RESPOND!

Last I checked, your not a moderator.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Simple answer, what if that didn't happen?

Don't come around with what if's, they don't add anything to conversations

And why? What is different?
Are peoples rights not being taken away from them right now? Isn't that what the bundy thing was about? His right to his land?

It's called war-gaming...or better yet, proper planning, maybe even risk assessment.

What if's must be always brought into question. The OP pretty much asked for them.

I can see that you are emotionally overwrought though in this case, take a breather and come back more level headed and less hateful.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Legally the National Guard should have been called in. The reason the police are there in such numbers was the riot. The riot is the same reason the cops aren't leaving.

Technically the national guard, who the left keeps telling us is our well regulated militia, should have been called in for the riot.

Technically, and legally... any well regulated militia shows up to protect the innocent civilians, in this case, the militia would be on the side of the police, doing exactly what the police are doing - and that is keeping a riot from springing right back up, hurting innocent people and damaging property, given the mood of the people.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I wasn't moderating it, just saying that what if's don't add anything cause you can't answer a what if question.
And right back at ya, don't tell me who I can and can not respond to, if you say something I disagree with, I will respond.
Entirely the point of a forum

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I asked the same question, initially.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

Then I thought about it.

(bear with me)

When we run into trouble, we call the cops.
When we run into bigger trouble, we call the feds.

Now? We're calling the militia!

We're always calling someone.

Help me!
Save me!
Rescue me!

The militia is already there. They are made up of locals, neighbors, fellow citizens. They are the ones doing the marching, the peaceful protests, they are the ones that are armed and are protecting businesses.

We are the "local militia". We are already where we need to be. We are in our towns, our cities, our neighborhoods already.

They don't need to "call for help" because they ARE the saviours of their neighborhood. The hero's are already there. They are taking rubber bullets and tear gas. They are peacefully exercising their Constitutional rights.

Why would we need to rescue the hero's that are already doing their job?

Anyway, just my take on it. Hate, flame, ignore.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I understood it fine, you are saying the peaceful people need to do something about the bad apples and since they have not, shame on them.

'm sure that many if not most were peaceful people, but what are they doing to stop the bad apples in the mix...absolutely nothing.

And then of course this

I guess I'm just confused and my rational mind can't grasp the concept of how burning and looting and drive-by shooting as an attempt to exercise free-speech.

How is that not lumping the peaceful protestors with the bad apples?
edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 13:49:33 -0500America/Chicago820143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Really good post

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
" Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people? "

Can anybody give some reasons why a militia group should defend violent criminal activity ?

Have any groups been invited like they were at the Bundy Ranch ?

Bundy invited those groups ahead of an announced court order enforcement action by the BLM.

No riots there was there ?

I think "Ferguson" may be dealing with organized instigators.

Big riots and looting efforts don't start "spontaneously" do they ?

The Progressive/MSMalarkey is having a field day with this

But I agree the "Police" actions in Ferguson might be a "training" exercise.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have to ask...

What militia, or anybody for that matter with a ounce of common sense, want to associate themselves with people who say they are peacefully protesting, yet looting and burning. Asking for peace to return to the streets of Ferguson in press interviews while wearing a "No Justice, No Peace" T-Shirt.

Can any one see the irony?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
My question is: What would you want the militia to do in this scenario? From a tactical view point, theres not much they can do without putting the protesters in harms way. Can you think of a game plan that would ensure the militias presence would bring peace to the situation?

Yes! Just showing up and standing there, rifles over the shoulders, would be amazing. They could even wear shirts that said "No police state" or something to make it clear why they are there.

This would be an act of solidarity that would forever change partisan politics and several other social issues.

What these people need to do is show the nation that they don't care why you are being oppressed; just that it's wrong. This is what they claim and it's their talk. They only seem to walk that talk when it suits their own politics and culture.

Showing up and being a presence among the protesters would make everybody in the nation rethink their preconceptions of those who are big on Constitution and it would prove they aren't just hypocrites, after all.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I have to ask...

What militia, or anybody for that matter with a ounce of common sense, want to associate themselves with people who say they are peacefully protesting, yet looting and burning. Asking for peace to return to the streets of Ferguson in press interviews while wearing a "No Justice, No Peace" T-Shirt.

Can any one see the irony?

Nope. This is a case of Police Brutality and Murder. This issue then morphed into the militarization of police and how they stop our first amendment rights. Arresting Journalists in McDonalds, tear gassing Al Jezera News team and stopping our legal right,as defined by the constitution to assemble and protest.

That the libertarians and the militias are silent on this, speaks to the key issue. If you aren't white, the militias don't care about you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join