It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
To all that are calling militias cowards, I would say that you are no better, perhaps even worse for openly asking for people to die for people who are openly being violent by rioting. You are the cowards.

Pitiful, sniveling cowards that only want others to bleed for them, while not risking their own oh, so, precious blood.

Of course if the militias did do so, and even were sucessful in helping to restore peace, then these same righteuos hypocrites would be demanding that all firearms be confiscated.

It's like it's right out of some playbook.

Oh, wait...it is.

Maybe the militias are smarter than you by picking their battles, rather than just flailing about.

But isn't this why the militias were formed? To stop government tyranny. Why is the Bundy ranch better than Ferguson. Is it because Bundy was white? Why did Missouri militia members travel all the way to Nevada and wont' do anything in their home state. It's telling.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

The cowards who are being shot with rubber bullets, and gassed and hit with acoustic weapons? As they attempt to exercise there right of free speech and assembly by protesting what they see as injustice?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Bundy wasn't paying taxes (and that's still a grey area being played out in court), but he and his family also weren't burning down and looting local businesses. This another age-old riot and will be forgotten, except by the local in two weeks.

Watts
Holt
LA
etc,etc...

All forgotten and people moved on with their lives.

A poster in another thread said that if these rioters REALLY wanted to make a difference, they would have marched on city government buildings, not stormed the businesses that help prop up their own neighborhood.

They are criminals from a area that is crime ridden where they prey upon one another daily. I have yet to see a riot sparked by that. Hell, Chicago, Philly, Detroit, etc, should have all burned to the ground by now if they really cared about a kid being shot.

I think that the majority of the protesters are racist. "People of other races can't shoot our peeps, only we can shoot our peeps."

edit on 14-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Pitiful, sniveling cowards that only want others to bleed for them, while not risking their own oh, so, precious blood.

You said it, BUD ...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The cowards who are being shot with rubber bullets, and gassed and hit with acoustic weapons? As they attempt to exercise there right of free speech and assembly by protesting what they see as injustice?

I guess I'm just confused and my rational mind can't grasp the concept of how burning and looting and drive-by shooting as an attempt to exercise free-speech.

I'm sure that many if not most were peaceful people, but what are they doing to stop the bad apples in the mix...absolutely nothing.

Maybe even egging them on, as after the thugs have been arrested, their neighborhoods might be safer, if only for a little while.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
But isn't this why the militias were formed? To stop government tyranny. Why is the Bundy ranch better than Ferguson. Is it because Bundy was white? Why did Missouri militia members travel all the way to Nevada and wont' do anything in their home state. It's telling.

Well, why don't these neighborhoods form their own militias? Oh, wait...they already have them to a degree. But they're called gangs. And they're not very law-abiding either.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

So now the militia cares about how the media paints them? If these guys are here to stand up to tyranny then they should be in this community.
And again, the media painted them bad for the whole bundy thing but yet they didn't care about it then, why would they care about it now?
It is painfully obvious these groups don't think they are needed for what ever reason, and I am not scared to say race has something to do with it

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Can we stop with the lumping of the rioters with the peaceful protesters? You know for a fact it is not every one in the community that was doing that. Just cause some bad apples are acting badly, doesn't mean that everyone one in that town is rioting scumbags.
Or does that defense only go for cops?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In my opinion it's a very fortunate thing--that no "militias" showed up in Ferguson. Speaking as an American, no militia I'm aware of stands for or speaks for the citizenry as a whole, and certainly not for my personal beliefs. Further, watching last night's live feed of the protests there, one could not miss the instantaneous police reaction to a single thrown bottle. Imagine then the potential for mass casualties had a platoon of open carry "patriots" arrived armed to the teeth, to stand off against the steel blue wall policing the event.

Personally, I understand neither the faith some seem to have in militia's nor this call for their "aid", almost as if they collectively stand for some pure pursuit of or restoration of American rights and freedoms we should all support or can sympathize with. A wiser stance in my opinion would be realization that the powers that be, oppressive as they may seem, cannot be fought from the bottom up (with expectation of lasting benevolent change). Apparently the Bundy Ranch incident is considered in some circles a decisive victory against both the government and law enforcement. However, apply a dab of common sense and seeing how close that situation came to the deaths or imprisonment of several "militia" members is not very difficult.

Lastly, I for one never want some militia group to show up in my neighborhood and restore "order". Frankly, what does that even mean? Order? whose order? Theirs? No thanks. Just too many armed groups aiming in from all sides of American life these days.

Let us take this a few steps further to a hypotheticalsituation where a nationwide revolt (terrible for all as that would be) was going down. How many of us would blindly enlist to fight without first questioning what the "rebel" leadership stood for? Again, I must vehemently state: "no thanks". No thanks to some armed group intruding into my neighborhood to possibly dictate or profess to me and mine at gunpoint alternative definitions of freedom and order. We've more than enough of that already.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can we stop with the lumping of the rioters with the peaceful protesters? You know for a fact it is not every one in the community that was doing that. Just cause some bad apples are acting badly, doesn't mean that everyone one in that town is rioting scumbags.
Or does that defense only go for cops?

Didn't I just type that?

Yea, I did.

I'm sure that many if not most were peaceful people, but what are they doing to stop the bad apples in the mix...absolutely nothing.

Maybe even egging them on, as after the thugs have been arrested, their neighborhoods might be safer, if only for a little while.

edit on 14-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Bundy wasn't paying taxes (and that's still a grey area being played out in court), but he and his family also weren't burning down and looting local businesses. This another age-old riot and will be forgotten, except by the local in two weeks.

Watts
Holt
LA
etc,etc...

All forgotten and people moved on with their lives.

A poster in another thread said that if these rioters REALLY wanted to make a difference, they would have marched on city government buildings, not stormed the businesses that help prop up their own neighborhood.

They are criminals from a area that is crime ridden where they prey upon one another daily. I have yet to see a riot sparked by that. Hell, Chicago, Philly, Detroit, etc, should have all burned to the ground by now if they really cared about a kid being shot.

I think that the majority of the protesters are racist. "People of other races can't shoot our peeps, only we can shoot our peeps."

Were you watching the live feed last night?

These "criminals" were being shot at with rubber bullets and being gassed while they had their hands up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The real bravehearts in this case are those unarmed protesters. They went in their, just as they did in the 60's, knowing they could be arrested and jailed protesting against the police. The went in their knowing they might even be shot or killed protesting the police. Gandhi brought an end to British rule in India without violence.

These are the real citizens protecting your freedoms and rights:

These are just cowards hiding behind a facade, they protest alright - against blacks on welfare, or for tax breaks for the 1%, or for any of the invented "sovereign citizen" reasons, or to restrict access for voting:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe it's because of all the looting and other lawlessness that's going on? And why would anyone take a stance without hearing from the other side? You don't put the cart before the horse.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
So you're saying that all militias are racist cowards who hate blacks??? How ignorant and what utter, racist BS. Many of these people are the type of people who will fight to the death for what they believe in and their death don't come easy. These are the type of people who the government fear. I think you hate white people because of the tone of most of your comments that I've read in many different threads. We get it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

They were also refusing to disperse, and throwing molotov cocktails...weren't YOU watching?

Do you even know what a molotov cocktail is and the damage and death it can cause. They were lucky considering the over use of force by police these days that rubber bullets and CS were the only thing they received in return.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So your saying since they don't stop the bad apples then they don't deserve any kind of help, because of the bad apples.
Your still blaming the peaceful people for the rioters.

I guess I'm just confused and my rational mind can't grasp the concept of how burning and looting and drive-by shooting as an attempt to exercise free-speech.

This was also part of that post, which is entirely lumping those exercising free speech with the few bad apples

edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 13:24:58 -0500America/Chicago820145880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 13:37:13 -0500America/Chicago820141380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Now you are just cherry picking and provoking even more racially toned posts.

Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson...is that you?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You do know that the only place the police technically went wrong was not to call in the National Guard? That WAS their mistake, on a technical basis.

There was a police incident, that needed investigating.

The people started looting and rioting, and the police couldn't handle it so they called in all kinds of police from all around in order to stop the riot.

The only reason the people stopped rioting was because of all the police presence, so then it turned into a peaceful protest, technically speaking.

What the cops should have done, was to call in the national guard to stop the riot. What would people be complaining about then? That the National Guard came to stop a riot?

I see this as a loose loose situation honestly. They had to do something, to stop the riot, and if they leave, the city will turn right back into a riot, given the current mood.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
I would say it is more likely that the militias pick their fights in a very calculated manner. This event is already out of control, and while militias may talk a big game, there is a HUGE difference between showing up with guns and actually using them. My thought is they fear someone in their group might actually fire the first shot and create an even larger issue than the one already occurring. That and the fact that the stories they have shown up for have been ongoing for a while before they came along in show of force. The Bundy thing is a perfect example....it isn't like that was in some big city with a bunch of people protesting already....it was at a ranch and they had to drive there and were likely some of the only people there and knew they could control their own in that instance so as not to incite mass casualty violence.

They have to pick the fights they show up for in order to be heard more.....this one is a losing battle on both sides.

link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Then where are they? You say they need to hear both sides before they come but with bundy he had lost in court multiple times and they were still willing to defend him!
This is exactly the type of thing they should be at, unarmed protesters getting met with excessive force and their right to protest being taken away from them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join