It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im very pro militia.

I didn't support Bundy, I didn't support his reasoning for not paying grazing fees. The militia jumped at the chance to defend this dude before all the info came out, all for defending against a over reaching out of control government.

Now you have a situation where the police are standing down to rioters and looters yet attacking and arresting protesters and journalist.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Don't even make this thread about me!!!!!

Are you 100% sure of what the situation there is really like? Crappy little town, huge unemployment and poverty, and everything else bad that follows that environment. Not a nice place to live to say the least...

So what do you want us to save them from, themselves?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I grew up there in St Louis I have family/friends there. Just keep on stereotyping.

I along with lots of ATS members watched live cam what happening there :

ats thread

edit on 16-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Im very pro militia.

I didn't support Bundy, I didn't support his reasoning for not paying grazing fees. The militia jumped at the chance to defend this dude before all the info came out, all for defending against a over reaching out of control government.

They jumped too quick, and as you said Bundy should have paid his grazing fees and I think over time he lost the support because people finally realized he was actually in the wrong.

Bundy was also a long term escalating event, where a few reporters getting hit with gas and rubber bullets was very short term. I pretty sure if this event escalates as did Bundy's did you most likely will see militia types forming...

edit on 16-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So do you lump all militia and Bundy with the couple that were apart of the Bundy uprising that went off to murder cops in Las Vegas????

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I grew up there in St Louis I have family/friends there. Just keep on stereotyping.

So are you saying it is a quant little town where everyone is middle income and there are no drug or gang related problems there?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So do you lump all militia and Bundy with the couple that were apart of the Bundy uprising that went off to murder cops in Las Vegas????

What? Where did I post about Las Vegas???

What I said was the militas went off to the Bundy ranch under the impression that he was 100% in the right and the evil Government was trying to railroad him. After a period of time people realized that Bundy was in the wrong...Not sure how that plays out to your Las Vegas connection.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So are you saying it is a quant little town where everyone is middle income and there are no drug or gang related problems there?

There is a thread on ATS about Ferguson if your interested in developing a opinion that is free of preconceived notions.

edit on 16-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: im making chicken tacos

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I pretty sure if this event escalates as did Bundy's did you most likely will see militia types forming..

How has that not happened already? Didn't the militias come because of the excessive force shown by the BLM?
Did what you see the other day not fall into the excessive force category for you?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

But the reason the police showed up in the first place was the riots...I was following this as it was all happening too... and what EVERYONE wants to ignore is the only reason the cops showed up in force the first time were the riots.

Police officers from every jurisdiction in the St. Louis area were called into Ferguson Sunday evening. The strong police presence became necessary after violence and looting were reported in the area. Witnesses say tensions began rising at the intersection of West Florissant and Ferguson around 8:30 p.m. In response Ferguson police called in an extra 60 officers as well as officers from all surrounding jurisdictions.

Link

So then all these police show up from all around... why? to protect the people and the businesses etc.

And everyone... I mean everyone, threw a huge fit, including people on this site because of it. Suddenly everyone on the planet was angry that the cops showed up at all to protect the people and businesses in Ferguson.

Then, it turned peaceful - everyone was like see its peaceful no need for any cops etc etc. and at first the cops wouldn't leave because they had the mindset that if we leave then the riots will start back up again... but they were ordered to and everyone in the world was complaining that they weren't leaving so they left.

And what happened, their prediction that the rioting and looting would start again was accurate... and it started up again..

and people are angry that the militia didn't show up? WHY? Why should they... they cops were trying to protect people and everyone was angry! I think they would have been just as angry about armed white militia as they were about armed white cops!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The police ordered to "stand down" for riots and looters. The police attacked protestors and journalists. It all on video to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Stretch'n it a bit don't you think ?

Not even close.

Fail.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hurts when there are criminals in you group?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

NO...

you are not understanding my point. That wasn't until AFTER the first wave of riots... the cops wouldn't have even shown up but for the riots on Sunday night. That is when all those forces showed up...

After the riots were able to be stopped that first night... then when the people started gathering again on Monday, the cops tried to break it up... BECAUSE of the riots the night before. They were attempting to prevent another gathering of people that would disintegrate into another riot and that is when they started attacking the peaceful protestors and journalists..but the riot was the reason they cops were there.

but if those first riots would never have happened, they wouldn't have been there at all...

which is why last night they didn't stop the riot. They stood down, because everyone threw a fit they stopped the rioting sunday night.
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

They were ordered to stand down:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
this thread seems to be more about militia, as opposed to the Militia, the power for calling it forth is the domain of Congress, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 15. the militia (no capital m) are different groups, first formed in 1792, subject to the President, possessing no special quality or purpose. calling for the Militia is like summoning an Angel...calling for the militia is like summoning apes.

the reason militia aren't around is because they have no authority to execute the laws of this Union; and militia doesn't want to come face to face with the Militia.

edit on 16-8-2014 by michaelbrux because: add

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

The militia is--armed citizens are defending their and each others shops. All citizens are the militia, not a few groups who call themselves that.

And here's a good example.....

This guy exercising his 2nd Amendment right to defend his store in Ferguson is AWESOME

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And now local business are also wondering why the police are standing down, when looting is occurring.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Any genuine militia crazy enough to walk into a situation like the one in Ferguson, will pay a very high price for their patriotism. The media will turn each militia members life inside out, and make them out to be terrorists and anti-American. And the public will believe every word of it. It's a no-win situation.

The only thing the militias would do in ferguson is shoot looters and other criminals.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Protesters tried to keep looters out of stores

Protestors say media is confusing looters with protestors

St Louis County Police confirm at least 200 of their officers are on scene and helping handle the situation. They confirm the Domino’s Pizza on West Florissant was set fire and burned. They also confirm multiple businesses vandalized and looted. Unbelievably, County Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.

Crisis in Ferguson: More businesses looted overnight

Some protesters tried to stop the looting, at times standing in front of one convenience store and preventing others from doing more damage. Police, criticized days earlier for being too aggressive with protesters, now drew the ire of merchants who told CNN they weren't doing enough.

"You still have a job to do now, and now you're not doing your job," Tanya Littleton said of police after thieves broke into her beauty supply shop in the St. Louis suburb and made off with bags of hair extensions worth hundreds of dollars.

Looting, tensions dash tenuous peace in Ferguson's streets

Looters ran out of shops with boxes stacked in their arms up to their chins. Behind them lay overturned shelves, spilled goods and wrecked displays. All the while, police stayed back by their armored vehicles and observed but did not stop them.

link

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join