It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurozone GDP Growth 'Breaks Down' - Germany's Growth Contracts 0.2%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...

German gross domestic product shrank 0.2pc, more than economists forecast, while French data also released today showing the economy stagnated prompted the government to scrap its 2014 deficit target. Combined with Italy’s unexpected slide into recession, the reports may add pressure on the European Central Bank to expand stimulus.

While Germany’s second-quarter weakness was largely due to a warm winter that shifted production to earlier months, the outlook is now clouded by the impact of international measures against Russia over its support of separatists in Ukraine

Now assume Russia decides to cut gas to Europe when winters come , what do you think happens next ? . This also severely limits what EU can do to Russia . Its would be better if EU separated itself from American foreign policy .
edit on 14-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Its would be better if EU separated itself from American foreign policy .

Exactly

The shift in the public mood towards the EU and our so-called "allies" is becoming more and more evident.
And one thing is for sure: ignoring the representatives of industry and commerce is political suicide in Germany.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I couldn't agree more but I suspect its what is being agreed behind closed doors that will count, we only ever get to hear the results later on.

I wish the EU had buddied up with Russia years ago, it makes sense, Russia has terrific reserves and could offer considerably more culturally, business opportunities etc etc rather that Anerica.

Some of Americas wealth has been because every country had to buy and hold US$s and that gravey train from this is grinding to a halt. Nothing lasts forever and I wonder if Obama has worked out that he has two enemies to USA wealth the central banks run by rothschild and the loss of the $ train?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I view Germany as the bellwether for Europe. Whichever way Germany's economy goes, so goes the EU.

There was an interesting article I was reading this morning about "junk bonds" and the similarities between now and 2008. Hold on to your seat belts!

Did you know that a major event just happened in the financial markets that we have not seen since the financial crisis of 2008? If you rely on the mainstream media for your news, you probably didn’t even hear about it. Just prior to the last stock market crash, a massive amount of money was pulled out of junk bonds. Now it is happening again.

Source - can't confirm nor deny if it is state sponsored propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I wish the EU had buddied up with Russia years ago, it makes sense, Russia has terrific reserves and could offer considerably more culturally, business opportunities etc etc rather that Anerica.

That's not going to happen. Because EU's support for nationalists in Ukraine, is going to fuel an anti-nazi rage all over Russia. Putin is not going to survive, and Europe is not going to have a good life in the future.

If you were a Russian, what do you think you have to gain in Europe? 90% of Europeans, are brainwashed morons ... they've been listening to Radio Luxemburg so long, that they have no brain function of their own.

The truth is, the US murdered Europe. And Ukraine is the death sentence ... Europe isn't going to survive it, either mentally, economically nor politically.

The future, is China ... and you can bet your butt on, that that's where Russia is going to focus itself on in the future.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

90% of Europeans, are brainwashed morons ... they've been listening to Radio Luxemburg so long, that they have no brain function of their own.

Thanks mate. I*m european. Not very racist are you. I can assure you most europeans are inteligent people.

Out of intrest, which country of inteligent people do you come from?

jeeez.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Seriously 0.2% WOW

You do realise how insignificant that is right?

Meanwhile in other news the rubble has lost 11% of its value, and Russia's economy contracted 0.5%

While the UK a key player in the euro is growing at 3.1%

Considering Germany isn't applying sanctions, but should it proceed to do so and Germany was cut of from its dependancies on Russian gas do you have any idea the dire state Russia would put itself in maddy?

The contract Russia has with the EU is Russia's life support as much, Germany could do all sorts but who else could Russia sell to China? That all depends on if the west keep buying Chinese goods, if they don't then china also has no need for Russian gas, consider that the Russia China deal is but 20% of the deal Russia has with the EU

Pretty sure you're getting ahead of yourself with this prediction and they'll be no ease or let up on sanctions until Russia allows Ukraine to sort out its own internal problems and respects international law

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: bjarneorn

90% of Europeans, are brainwashed morons ... they've been listening to Radio Luxemburg so long, that they have no brain function of their own.

Thanks mate. I*m european. Not very racist are you. I can assure you most europeans are inteligent people.

Out of intrest, which country of inteligent people do you come from?

jeeez.

Never argue with an avid RT viewer

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Meanwhile in other news the rubble has lost 11% of its value, and Russia's economy contracted 0.5%

In Other News rubble has gained ground and Russia's economy is growing dispute the weak laughable sanctions. In other news the EU State members are still suffering from a mess unmploment rate rise.

new topics

top topics

join