It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Playing Hardball With Ferguson - Releases Officer's Name, and More

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I'd like to know who calls for the National Guard...Is it the state gov't (i.e., Governor) or the POTUS? I thought I read a headline on Slate that said Obama was unhappy with the police response in Ferguson.

I read that the MO State Highway Patrol was taking over police duties though...

They aren't even rioting! So, WTF is up with THAT?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

and this is why anonymous is stupid...

In their ignorance, arrogance and rush for justice they just compromised an investigation. The more they do this crap the easier it will be for the defense to argue to have compromised evidence thrown out up to requesting a change of venue to possible mistrial due to due process violations.

Congrats anonymous for completely undermining the ability to hold people accountable.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Its a police agency not initially involved with the incident itself = impartiality.
It removes the focus from St. Louis County Police / Ferguson PD in terms of security / impartiality in dealing with protestors and the investigation itself.

As for rioting im not sure in what manner you mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Murika spring.. Hell yeah...

edit on 15-8-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
wow!!...can't fight that with body armor, armored personal carriers, tear gas, baton clubs, ar-15's, S&W 40's, police dogs, etc....the power of information seems to be going both ways these days.

The power of Information is Right !

And this little clip from a movie called SNEAKERS was made in 1992 !

22 years AGO

edit on 15-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

In their ignorance, arrogance and rush for justice they just compromised an investigation. The more they do this crap the easier it will be for the defense to argue to have compromised evidence thrown out up to requesting a change of venue to possible mistrial due to due process violations.

Congrats anonymous for completely undermining the ability to hold people accountable.

Like the shady cops aren't doing that enough?
here is some news for you.. Dispatch for the police learned of this particular killing from the news..
Well at least they are honest eh?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

hahahhaha Tooo funny!!!! You ACTUALLY think there IS accountability! bwhaahahahahahahah Is that for real like? Want me to go online and PROVE how there isn't? Prove how cops get away with killing and worse again and again!!!!

You know, this is kinda the point with anonymous... If there were accounatbility there would be no damn NEED for anonymous!!!!

Bless... you must be real young to be so naive huh?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yeah....That's exactly what happened in the case of Mr. Zimmerman right?

Excuse me while I throw up.....preferably on a cop.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Took me a while but I've read all the posts to this thread and while I've never been to Ferguson nor have I ever been bullied by the police there, I take the word of the majority in this uneducated game of speculation since we don't know what happened. Watching the vid of the young man walking with the victim explain what happened or how the media has been bullied, arrested and bullied some more, I can only surmise that the pig that killed this boy, did so without cause and should be dealt with the same as any other murderer.

Anyone paying the matter any attention at all knows that the police in the US are without question, out of control and need to be brought under it sooner rather than later. Their response to this murder was beyond idiotic and brutally insensitive if nothing else.

I can't even believe there are individuals here of all places that think the internet could be shut down over the anonymous release ... Whether any of you actually believe this or not I don't know but I would bet a lion's share that you were just wanting to increase your number of replies?? I don't believe it would go down like this and if it did the repercussions would be so massive as to make it not worth the daunting task.

Lastly, some are worried about his family or friends being hurt? He apparently wasn't when he killed this kid so why all the fuss about them now? Its no secret that Johnny law takes care of Johnny law and Johnny law isn't now nor has he ever been your friend so this angle is one that has fallen and I say good for any group, idea or individual for exposing what would have already been exposed had this been a civilian murderer.

Unity is what will bring this massively corrupt floater to the bottom of the toilet so it can be properly flushed. Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Well done Anonymous, you may have just killed the Internet. America's Anyway.

Anon have come to the aid iof the Internet a good few times now. How would the Internet have faired if the likes of SOPA had been introduced.
The only people trying to kill the net are governments and corporations and you should be glad the people are willing to protest through means of direct action and civil disobedience in order to protect it.

purp..

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I was about to ask the same question, and hopefully without the rude troll response above. But that's a very valid question isn't it?

I'm pretty certain under UK law if a name was released like this, it would mean the defence would be able to argue prejudice, and it would make it absolutely impossible to get a conviction in a court of law.

So Anonymous have surely just provided the cop with a free pass, he will get away with it now whatever happens?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Hey anonymous thank you for f#####g the internet up you people are useless all you are going to do is screw up everything for the little guy.

What a waste of talent.

Anonymous are doing exactly what we need them to do.

The government dont like it but we all know the government are a$$holes. They might try to place more restrictions on us to prevent this kind of thing happening again but that is not Anonymous' fault. It is ours for letting the government do it. We should not be blaming the people who are on our side (anonymous).

We know the government are bad people. And they will do anything they can to stop people rising up against them. It is all of our duty to say enough is enough.

Anonymous are doing more than you or me in the fight to save our rights and freedom so stop slating them just because of what the government might do in retaliation and join them in stopping the government from doing anything we dont want.

Your fear is the government's best friend
edit on 5006Friday062014-08-15T07:06:50-05:000650 8 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jude11

People need to start using their heads instead of their emotions.

The only thing anonymous is going to archive is arming the government with more excuses to limit our rights but hey it's all good.

So, dont bother doing anything to fight the government then. Through fear of what they might do in retaliation?

Great logic.

The only people to blame for the government limiting our rights is ourselves. We let them.

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke

Thank you Anonymous. Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

It's not when peace officers attack harmless people and kill them? Like the homeless white guy in California that no one protested about.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Everyone that's saying Anon did the wrong thing should rethink that. Look at the broader picture.
We're fighting the legal system, and because of that we do not play by their set of rules.
This cop will merely get a slap on the wrist anyways. Let the public at him.

If Anon keeps this up, every officer in the world will be thinking twice before being so damn coercive.
And that is how we will win this. When they are afraid of us.

On the other side of this though, Anon really should of waited to be sure they have 100% certainty of the officers identify, including the citing of their sources.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

We're fighting the legal system, and because of that we do not play by their set of rules.
This cop will merely get a slap on the wrist anyways. Let the public at him.

If I may make a personal observation from the perspective of a person with a foot in both worlds on this issue?

If you dont play by their rules...okay, I suppose something can come out of that which works. If NO rules are followed? Anon will need many many millions of VERY loyal followers to accomplish anything but self defeating chaos and actions to bring a whole society hunting them with purpose.

See...without rules? Society itself will come to see those folks as the SOURCE of the problem, and there isn't a protest movement yet formed in our history that can stand against society as a whole, once society has decided they aren't nearly as helpful as they consider themselves to be.

Naming Cops is bad bad business before it's been done in an official way. No one has the balls to go after the COPS themselves....and naming them with an address wouldn't be necessary if someone wanted to do that anyway. They kinda work in a predictable place, wouldn't you say? ...Their families however....ARE the soft spot, and why Society will tend to HUNT DOWN people who actively work to put the families in danger while blindly pursuing the head of the family in hate.

Just my views of releasing police names. When the news does it? The above concerns have already been dealt with in advance...or it wouldn't have been released quite yet. When it's done guerrilla style? The wrong people get hurt as a consistent outcome.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, etc.

While Anonymous may be thought of as an annoyance (at best) or shills (at worst), they have done quite a bit of good work to ensure that the internet stays free and driven by the common man. Hats off to whoever is behind this information leak.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When have police ever been held accountable? I might believe the cops once in awhile if they accepted responsibility once in awhile. The way they cover up all of the time, police departments and unions should be investigated under RICO statutes.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just announced: Darren Wilson was the police officer who did the shooting.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
Just announced: Darren Wilson was the police officer who did the shooting.

I'm guessing they will show Darren Wilson at a church event, w/ his family, feeding the homeless, while reading to orphans under a rainbow.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join