It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Playing Hardball With Ferguson - Releases Officer's Name, and More

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You don't have to say it.
when a person is arrested, their charges and mugshot become public record and are viewable to anyone

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

I get it but the poster was assuming that I agree with names being released which I don't but by releasing this guys name could make this ugly situation turn even more uglier and that is something that I and many other citizens want to avoid.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I fully understand and was only offering some insight.
Some people don't realize just how public lives can be.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The names should be released. Killer cops almost always go free. The law is not a deterrent. If cops knew that their names and addresses and family members information would always be released when they murdered people, that might just deter them from doing it again in the future.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertasIntel

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Dem Rep. John Lewis Calls On Obama To Declare Martial Law In Ferguson…

Wow. Lewis wants to declare martial law so that its used against the local government. That is how I understand it. On a side note, one could really get a grip on this if it was happening in the deep deep South, but no, its America's heartland. I never knew Missouri cops were so "back woods" in their culture,

I don't think you understand racial politics and history in America then. The Deep South was always far more integrated and racially amiable in a sense that people never understood than the border areas like St. Louis and Kansas City. Those places were and remain outright tense. They are neither the coldly, stiffly institutionalized racist north or the amiably racist South. Instead, they're the border where the two attitudes meet and create a really bad attitude.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is madness!
Your president already spoke out about allowing reporters to do their job and not arresting them.

I'm really worried for those guys.

It seems like the "police" has taken things into their own hands, never mind what your president said.
Teargas for reporters?
What's next?

If they want everything to go back to normal,they need to finally confirm the name of the person responsible, get trial, then jail, and admit they were going a teeny weeny bit over the top on this one.

I mean those police officers looked liked soldiers!

Your own soldiers attacking your own people!

I've never seen this happen in the U.S.A. in my whole life. (born in the 80s).

I hope there will be a peaceful solution to this.

I've been reading about this poor boy, it seems like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I hope they will find a solution to this .

edit on 14/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., on situation in Ferguson, Mo.: 'It is hard to think that the scenes unfolding in Ferguson are taking place in an American city in the year 2014. The nation's eyes are on the city of Ferguson and we will be watching closely. The public deserves a full disclosure of the facts surrounding the heartbreaking death of Michael Brown and the events that followed. Every community in America deserves equal justice and equal protection under the law' - statement

ACLU files lawsuit in Michael Brown case, seeking police records - @CBSAndrew #Ferguson
www.scribd.com...

ACLU of Missouri says it has filed 2nd lawsuit today 'to protect those recording police actions in #Ferguson' - @aclu_mo
www.aclu-mo.org...

Attorney General Eric Holder says he met with President Obama to discuss events in Ferguson, Mo.; 'At a time when we must seek to rebuild trust between law enforcement and the local community, I am deeply concerned that the deployment of military equipment and vehicles sends a conflicting message' - statement

More: Attorney General Eric Holder, in comments on situation in #Ferguson, Mo., says 'journalists must not be harassed or prevented from covering a story that needs to be told'- statement
www.justice.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

At this point, finding a solution that will make everyone happy will be impossible. This event has been too politicized and too much bad has happened. No matter what the legal outcome winds up being, there will be injured parties. As to confirming who is responsible, we still don't know for sure what happened. We have two or three eyewitness accounts and none of them match in any real detail except who died and who shot. There is a lot of ground that can be covered in between those two facts that can change a lot of the situation, including who is at fault.

I agree it looks bad for the cop at present, but until the actual investigation concludes, we simply do not and cannot know. The very worst outcome would be for the investigation to be inconclusive so that the trial boils down to "he said/she said." If that happens, this country could explode worse than after Rodney King.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
disinformation ! proof if you have anya reply to: Dingo80

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The little voices of every people in America are beeing silent one by one. Internet you are next. The question is: would you do something about it?
edit on 14-8-2014 by urssmorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for the information.
I just want to say that many people are following this incident in America.
Canadians, Lebanese, Hungarians, etc. (And probably many more nations, but I have friends in these ones who have written to me.)

People are reading the tweets/news and are watching in awe.
Thinking: "Is this really happening in the U.S.A.?

edit on 14/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Anonymous was created by humans to maintain our identity. You must have seen what happens to those who go against the government and reveals there identity. It never ends well for that person. Snowden and Julian Assange are hiding because of this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sunday rally planned St. Louis over Michael Brown shooting, Al Sharpton says - @AP #Ferguson

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Do nothing: nothing changes, oppression continues
Take to the streets peacefully: Agent provocateurs/a few jerks get entire community labeled as thugs and terrorists.
Protest inside of your fenced property: Get a gas canister to the face
Take the information the police refuse to share: Get labeled cyber terrorists

This is a no-win situation as long as the citizens of the US continue to justify the para-military occupation of neighborhoods who are protesting police oppression and murder.

One day, this is going to play out in your neighborhood and if you are not labeled a thug or a terrorist for trying to stand up for yourself and your neighborhood, its because there is nobody left to label you as such.

Keep trying to justify the police going military in any neighborhood and they will only grow in power. When they run out of victims, they will surely put you in their sights next.

edit on 8/14/2014 by xDeadcowx because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Missouri Highway Patrol to direct team providing security in Ferguson - live video

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jude11

People need to start using their heads instead of their emotions.

The only thing anonymous is going to archive is arming the government with more excuses to limit our rights but hey it's all good.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to excuse me - I'm about to use your post as a larger example about society. And, really, it should offend, but don't be angry at me, be angry at yourself for not being what you can be and for not standing up for liberty.

In response: The government hasn't needed real excuses for a long time. They do what they want, or they create an excuse. You know who is really promoting the destruction of the internet? Folks like this. They have become so soft, that they are afraid the government will shut down the internet because someone outs the truth. You (plural) want to stop free speech, to keep them from stopping free speech!!! How crazy is that?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Lol,
How did free speech exist before the internet?

Also if you are going to try and offend me (which is almost impossible) don't start off with an apology it only makes you sound weak.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhannaThe government hasn't needed real excuses for a long time. They do what they want, or they create an excuse. You know who is really promoting the destruction of the internet? Folks like this. They have become so soft, that they are afraid the government will shut down the internet because someone outs the truth. You (plural) want to stop free speech, to keep them from stopping free speech!!! How crazy is that?

Well said and I agree fully. It's unfortunate the way individuals who ostensibly support freedom and liberty can deceive themselves into rallying against those very same values.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Naming officer who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson will be 'an important milestone'; says he does not know name - live video

Missouri Gov. Nixon: State Highway patrol will be in charge but 'joint force' involving officers from various forces will continue - @jonswaine

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Source: Federal officials have interviewed Dorian Johnson, the key witness who was with Michael Brown during the shooting - @PamelaBrownCNN

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join