It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Playing Hardball With Ferguson - Releases Officer's Name, and More

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
Goodbye Free Internet?

This is playing into Washington's Hands.
Cyber Terrorism, is what they will claim, and the brought and paid for "Media Whores" will go along for the ride.

Well done Anonymous, you may have just killed the Internet. America's Anyway.

Every group is practically frothing at the mouth waiting to use the outcome of this situation to further their own agendas.

This is an interesting one for sure, I just hope that this doesn't escalate. Too many itchy hands are waiting to act on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
President Obama will deliver a statement from Martha's Vineyard, Mass., at 12:15 pm ET - @NBCNews

I would think he will say something about what's going on in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Marshal Law in Ferguson with a media blackout would likely result in these protests popping up in many other places in the US. Not a good situation being turned worse by the reaction. Maybe just pull all police forces out and let the community handle itself for a couple weeks. Releasing the officers name and location is just a death sentence for him so hopefully Anon doesn't do it and if they do, hope they don't get the wrong name/location because whatever location they release is going to be descended upon by MANY angry people.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Tweets from lawmakers in Missouri say St. Louis County will pull LEO out of Ferguson ..so, it may well be plus one for Anon.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This could very easily be considered an act of domestic terrorism. A nice trip to a little prison in Cuba may be what the doctor ordered.
On a side note. By releasing the name of the cop, does that make them criminally liable if this cop is killed by "protestors"?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe that they have to declare a state of martial law before they can call up the national guard,I could be wrong though.
if they are planning on using the national guard to relieve the county police then you can bet that martial law will be put in effect.
If they do that, that would be a huge escalation of the situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

People need to start using their heads instead of their emotions.

They don't know how to use their heads, that's the problem.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It has always been my contention that Anonymous is a covert arm of the US government.

Just think, Anonymous can do all sorts of "stuff" and then the "government" comes in with new laws to hamper what "Anonymous" did.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It has always been my contention that Anonymous is a covert arm of the US government.

Just think, Anonymous can do all sorts of "stuff" and then the "government" comes in with new laws to hamper what "Anonymous" did.

Exactly.

That's why I'm trying to tell people to use their heads right now because things are going to get worst especially with the weekend coming up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
More: President Obama will speak about the latest developments in Iraq, and make a statement on the situation in Ferguson, Mo., at 12:15 pm ET - @Schultz44

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to hold media availability in St. Louis County at 2:30 pm CT to discuss situation in Ferguson, Mo. - statement

Watch Live: Obama Speaks From Martha's Vineyard
edit on 14-8-2014 by LrdRedhawk because: Added live feed

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Hey Redhawk, was that Twitter account active when you made the post - because it's now saying it's suspended when I click on the link???

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is just wrong, stupid, dumb and idiotic.

Now his family, friends and associates, and anybody close to him will have to look over their shoulders.

What will this achieve?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

Hey Redhawk, was that Twitter account active when you made the post - because it's now saying it's suspended when I click on the link???

Yes it was live when I got the info, but it is now suspended.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What will this achieve?

It will let them know that the people aren't as helpless as they appear. This is OUR country. We are not "subjects" of some authority.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly....never trust anyone/group who claims to be on your side but refuses to show you their face.

I think giving out the name of this cop puts his family and friends in too much danger and right now until all the facts are out is just a really bad idea. Does anyone have a link to an article that states any real facts from what happened that night? Was there no dash cam?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Shame it doesn't happen that quickly when a regular person is being tormented online. Amazing how quickly these usually long procedures can be achieved in the 'right circumstances'

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is just wrong, stupid, dumb and idiotic.

Now his family, friends and associates, and anybody close to him will have to look over their shoulders.

What will this achieve?

I don't write the news, I just report it as it comes. This was already all over alternative media everywhere before I posted it. All you have to do is look.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What will this achieve?

It will let them know that the people aren't as helpless as they appear. This is OUR country. We are not "subjects" of some authority.

This man needs to be tried by the law, not a lynch mob.
If the law fails, then other options need to be looked at.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What will this achieve?

This man needs to be tried by the law, not a lynch mob.
If the law fails, then other options need to be looked at.

unfortunately the jury pool was instantly contaminated with the release of his name and pictures. He could not get a fair trial anywhere in the world now. And with a good enough lawyer they will argue that point and the case will be dismissed but he will lose his job at the minimum an dhave to go into witness protection and plastic surgery to change his looks to ever have a normal life again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join