It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, free speech is limited to zones now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Members Of Congress Urge John Ashcroft
To Drop Criminal Prosecution Of South Carolina Protester For Carrying An Anti-Bush Sign Outside Designated Zone

Click here for the story

I don't see how they can use the Secret Service excuse, seeing that he was among several other people. What I find most appauling about this is the designated protest spots called, "Freedom of Speech Zones." Just gives you an insight into the fascist minds of the Bushies...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Nothing new in the world.
Clinto nhad the S.S. arrest a couple because the woman yelled at him, "You Suck!!" They were held for 24 hours, I believe. This was before 9-11 or anything.

As much as I disliked Bush '41, he didn't have anyone locked up for that.

I'm feeling more like a spectator of a horrible car crash; I see it coming, but can do nothing to stop it.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I agree with you, this is a totally fascist measure taken by the Attorney General. The thing that gets me is that this is probably just one case out of how many???

I think it is great that there are still some out there in the political system are at least 'trying' to keep the liberties we hold safe from the Fascists and Nazis that run this nation from the underground.

What gets me is that when they poke their heads up from the lows that they live in, everyone is so quick to cover up the mess. Many people seem to flock to escapism and find reasons for the unreasonable occurances we seem to always face.

I think that now is the time to expose this conspiracy.

We need to storm the White House with clear signals saying "THIS MUST NOT BE"

"DO YOUR JOBS ARE, HIT THE ROAD JACK"

Abraham

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
AW, come on, A-V, do we gotta storm the White House? I might miss a good rerun of my favorite sitcom if I leave the TV!!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Tell me about it.

Know one wants to work for what our fore father gave us.

Yeah it is not right that we should have to work for anything that our fore fathers gave us, but we do.

I think that not everyone is privy to this invasion of rights, because in part the only real rights they choose to have are to live the life of work and rest. They know nothing but themselves and their little lives. They know not that man who is without that right that they hold.

They know not what it is like to live without any rights because they simply neglect them. They neglect the fact that most Americans have more than any other person in the world. Not everyone in the world is as materialist as we are here in America. That shows when people from foreign lands say the most amazing thing to them about America is all the fat people.

We are Fat.

Simply that, FAT.

We are the fact cat creed, and no one likes the fat cats.

Abe

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You want to hear my callous opinion? Here goes:

1) You are only entitled to the rights you are pesonally aware of. If you don't know your fifth amendment rights, a cop need not read them to you. You share in the responsibility, act like it.

2) You are entitled to no right you are not willing to take up arms to keep. The Founding Fathers knew what they were doing when they penned the 2nd amendment. As a matter of fact, there was a heated debate to make it the first, as without that right, all other freedoms would be lost.

In a nutshell, since most are stupid, weak and lazy, we as a society will get what we have earned. I hate it, and I don't find it an easy thing to say, but the evidence is overwhelming.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
"I got no time for revolution, people are braindead here, don't you people got no respect for the braindead!" I have games to play and Wendy's to eat...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The best thing we can do for others is to keep them aware. That may go aganist your code, but I feel that people have a duty stronger than any duty you claimed.

That duty goes beyond rights, and breeds in the domains of morals. I think that many have a duty to themselves, their children, their childrens' children and so on, and those like their neighbor, their countrymen, and their brethren. Those that exist must not deny existance. That is my belief. Therefore awareness and knowledge can't be denied and all conceptions must be seen or sought out by all.

The world couldn't be more different, and is only bound by the convincing and soothing perceptions that it knows and fights to keep hold of.

That passion and obsession for conception of a pleasing kind is a form of mind deceit and immoral ignorance. To me that ignorance is the ultimate killer of all freedoms that are losing integrity to the fascists system we see today.

Abe

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's too late for a revolution in America, the "authority" will just use its military against its own people, unless you can sway the majority the American's in the military which happen to mostly be die-hard patriots (but are they patriots for freedom, or patriots for blindly protecting the authority?).

"Every generation needs a new revolution." - Thomas Jefferson

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Attero Auctorita]

[Edited on 30-5-2003 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Free speech already gets stiffled in Europe. Its same in the US. If someones free speech goes against whats currently "acceptable enlightened behavior" its gets canned.

Thomas is right in a way. You only have rights if u have might. Rights only go to those who are willing to get brutal to retain them. Otherwise, if u sit your fat ass on a couch and chew your cud, youre entitled to the rights of cattle: fattening for the slaughter.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You can't change the way Thomas thinks

If you tell him the truth it'll be worse as before because he'll only ignore it. Remember, he's a proud American. This country is God to him.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with that, Illuminati, except when love of country blinds one to truths that are ugly.

Thomas isnt blind, hes a realist. he wont bite unless he has something on the hook thats very real to bite.

Freedom is available only to people who are aware of the costs. Apethetic morons who are willing to be eld deserve nothing, only those willing to question and get subjected to riddicule and persecution deserve thier rights. Cows dont care if they are free, only that they are fed and protected. This is the mentality of the masses that allows these twisted inhuman govornments and ideals to pervade.

top topics

join