It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This Is Exactly What Bin Laden Wanted" Ron Paul Concludes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
A little something from Ron Paul.. It is true a little late to fix all the problems cause by the bad policy decisions however, if I were president I could not stand by and watch the slaughter of innocent people if I had it in my power to assist; especially if my countries prior policies were the reason and result for the slaughter. I would not say we are partially responsible unless you define partial as be the greater part of the whole.. Otherwise you have to wonder what kind of country we would have today if Dr. Paul had won the election..?

Having expressed his dismay at President Obama's decision to embark upon Iraq War 3.0, Ron Paul explains "it's a little bit late to salvage all the mistakes that we've made for the past 24 years," adding that he is worried "it will end up with a lot more violence because they are putting more troops in there right now." Simply out, Paul concludes, "the sooner we get out of there the better," as it "jeopardizes our national security and is bankrupting our country... this is exactly what Osama bin Laden wanted."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
UBL got exactly what he wanted. Most folks tend to believe he only destroyed a couple of buildings and planes, which didn't lead to the collapse of America. Indeed the opposite is true. It led to MASSIVE security, fear, vigilance and anxiety for every American. In this sense UBL's strategy fell right into place. Terrorism is designed to strike fear into the enemy's psyche...it worked.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I guess Bin Laden would be proud if the Islamic state wins too, so for him is win win, except he is dead of course.

If you US don't face ISIS now will it regret it Chamberlain stile in the future?

Who knows no one can see the future and nobody knows what ISIS wants after iraq

loss-loss for westerners win- win for them no easy thing to do short of a crystal ball to know whats best in the long turn

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If only we would have listened to him a long time ago, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

To all of those that discredited RP and refused to give him a shot at the White House....thanks a lot.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would love to see how Ron Paul would have handled this war. And dont think he's incapable of warring when ABSOLUTELY necessary. He knows that the only way to unify what we left of Iraq is to give them this win (even if we have to give veiled nudges from the sky.

ETA: He would have ended it before it began if he would have been elected pre Libyan war.
edit on 14-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have to say he is right but it goes all the way back to Bush. If the USA/UK had kept out and hadn't of meddled we would not be in this mess.

This is what comes of meddling in cultures you don't understand.

The middle east is not the west, they do not have the same values, ethics and ideals as us. So going round bombing "freedom" into them was always going to result in a power vacuum were a even more evil resentful group would rise.

Saddam, Gadaffi, Mubarak , Assad et al might have been evil dicks but least they kept there country's under some sort of control and standards. Id trade them back in place of ISIS any day.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Eh.. ISIS goes back to Obama and Obama alone. We have been meddling in the mid east since the 70s but havent see anything lke this.

ISIS is Obama's army.

I do agree with your sentiments about the former mid east leaders. It's starting to look, sadly, like thats the kinda leadership he countries needed. Gaddaffis sister abusing her made kinda pales in comparison to summary execution of 1,500 civilians, plus Gaddaffi gave a lot back.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well if, if UBL/OBL = CIA then this is what TPTB wanted. I think that's been discussed here a little.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wait, i thought RT is a state-run propaganda news source?

US created this mess in Iraq. It's US duty to fix this and then to get out from Iraq.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Eh.. ISIS goes back to Obama and Obama alone. We have been meddling in the mid east since the 70s but havent see anything lke this.

ISIS is Obama's army.

O get real.

Bush is just as much to blame.

It was Bush, Cheney and Blair that signed off on the invasion of Iraq. And you cant say the invasion of Iraq did not leave a power vacuum ripe for ISIS.

Get your head out the sand and get over the silly dumb American Partisans politics and see it for what it is! Both Republicans and democrats are to bloody well blame!

You will be blaming Obama for 9/11 next.
edit on 14-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
. It's US duty to fix this and then to get out from Iraq.

How?

It such a complicated mess it may not even be fixable.

Thats how we started the mess in the first place by trying to "fix" things.

If Vietnam, Libya ,Iraq and Afghanistan have taught us anything you cant just bomb your problems away.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I do agree with your sentiments about the former mid east leaders. It's starting to look, sadly, like thats the kinda leadership he countries needed. Gaddaffis sister abusing her made kinda pales in comparison to summary execution of 1,500 civilians, plus Gaddaffi gave a lot back.

Thats the thing.

There values and ideals of "freedom" differ from ours. We cant impose our ways on the them and expect them to like it and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Bush? Try Clinton and Bush Sr! Our foreign policy has been a disaster for 50 years. We funded the Shah in Iran, Bin Laden in Astan, Saddam in Iraq, and now IS is a result of our misguided and premature support.

Now the government is trying make Putin and Russia out to be our worst enemy and here we are Cold War 2.0!!!!

The global economy is completely collapsing before our eyes. Americans better wake up! Things are about to get ugly!!! There is a sense of reality and life that comes full circle in times like these. For example, I have a job where I have to deal with so many incompetent, in efficient, do nothing politically correct middle managers who's sole identity revolves around their pathetic corporate micro managing. They are the first casualties of what's coming and I can't wait to see it. They are your typical clueless sheeple. They think people like me that prep, own guns, talk about this stuff are "negative" lol! I'm in healthcare and these people are responsible for running our hospital in a state of emergency. You should see the supplies they bought to hand out to our units for emergencies. A cheap little shake flashlight that probably doesn't even work along with other cheap crap.

My point is if there is anything out of the day to day running of a hospital I.e terrorist attack, long term blackouts, terrorist attack on a large scale, ours and many other hospitals are completely unprepared!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
He`s exactly right,
As far back as the end of 2001 I`ve always felt that it was a mistake to send our military running around all over the globe chasing terrorist.Bin laden knew he couldn`t defeat us in our own country,he knew he had to get us to come to him so he could fight us on his turf and on his terms,then he could win.He always said that one of his main objectives was to bankrupt the U.S. thereby weakening it enough for the knockout blow.
He set his trap and lured the U.S. right into it.
Since 2001 how much money has the U.S. spent fighting this "war on terrorism"? We will never know for sure but I`ve always felt that the bulk of that money would have been better spent securing our borders to keep the terrorist out rather than playing hide and seek with them all over the globe.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I dont think UBL set any trap. this current monster was spawn out of three things:-

1. Far too early withdrawal of forces from Iraq whilst the Jihad nutjob mob/s slowly but surely grew bigger and bigger
2. Ignoring and not realising the enormity of standing by and letting Syria and its leadership develop into the mess its in now.
3. Allowing Libya to also determine its own future without substantional support/input

If you leave states that are so factional to tidy up their own mess. All that happens is it gets more messed up.

Now there is this ISIS monster that has spread across maybe 4 - 5 countries with I am sure links between all of them.

This monster is growing and if the UN, USA, UK, France etc do not confront it then the monster will become a much bigger problem later!

edit on 14-8-2014 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here's another way he won, by bringing religious fanatics into American Politics. These fanatics wanted a Theocracy very similar to Afghanistan only instead of Islam it's Christianity.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Almost everything that has happened in the last 13 years is exactly what the terrorist wanted.

So many things have changed: The Constitution has been under attack; Freedom is put the wayside, and you can name 100 other infractions.

These aren't the ideals I swore to protect and defend. The current way things are going, seems like the reality of today is equivalent to the stories inside the USSR that I was told growing up.

We have built a new reality that is based in fear and paranoia. We have sacrificed our freedoms to do so.

Terrorism's goals are to change behavior and perception by use of fear, by threat and by violence. Yes, they've accomplished that goal. Our past, present and future administrations have seen to that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
While I have never been a supporter of the Invasion of Iraq It is likely this mess we would have a mess in Iraq anyway. Iraq being a dictatorship and just as weak as Syria would also have suffered from the Arab Spring. And just like Syria Saddam would have went in shooting causing massive defections in his forces. Iraq would divide along religious lines with the Sunni supporting Saddam and Shia backed by Iran in armed revolt. In this case ISIS would have just allied with the Shia instead of the Sunni. While Iraq would end up backing FSA in Syria. It is likely that Iraq would end up in open conflict with both Syria and Iran at this point with most likely Arab support. ISIS/Shais/Iran would take a shot at the Kuwaiti oil wells and the US would be getting mixed up in it again so that a nation/group that hates America would not end up controling most of the MEs oil.

Let us not be naivete to think thing would be just lovely in Iraq or the Mid East if the US had never invaded Iraq. We played that game in Europe in the 1913/14 and again in the1930s where we burried our head and hoped things worked out. And we ended up with wars so big that more people would be killed in a couple of battles than in all the US wars after WW2 combined.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Let us not be naivete to think thing would be just lovely in Iraq or the Mid East if the US had never invaded Iraq.

True but we would not have lost all those American soldiers or killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians or wasted another trillion dollars on a black hole.

Edit - OP in a way Ron Paul reminds me of John the Baptist preaching to a now desolated country that was once controlled by Neo-Cons. We saw what they did to us and now they're slobbering at the bit at the chance to do it again.
edit on 907pm3232pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join