It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Cliff Richard's home searched by police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.
A number of items were removed from the property in the Sunningdale area for further investigation, but no arrests have been made.
A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.
The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said.
But officers from that operation have been notified, a South Yorkshire Police spokesman added.

Sir Cliff Richard's home searched by police

No arrests have been made.

Interesting nonetheless, he was knighted in 1995 and performed at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in 2012, a regular golden boy.

If it comes out that he is indeed guilty then that's another big hitter from that era, there seems to be so many now that I've become kind of numb to the news, maybe that's the point??

What a sinister/seedy time for show business. I wonder if the same will happen years from now for many of the stars of today?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How did I know that with a title of "Sir" this was going to be about sex abuse. Curious coincidence maybe.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
All those celebs that were obviously part of a disgusting sick gang covered each other's backs, they all knew about it and were effectively 'sharing' in it from reports. The BBC knew about it, they IGNORED it, the Police knew about it, they IGNORED it.

Who else knew about it?

Who else was involved in it?

Was there an 'organisation' behind it?

These are the questions that should be asked.

It is a major deal IMO and whichever sick organisation is behind it all has to be brought to justice, the truth has to be known.
edit on 14-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just another scape goat getting lined up to cover up the deeper abuse allegation inside parliament and the royals. Well that's the way I see it. Just like saville and Harris.

Edit: and a personal view, well I think all of this is disgusting those with a brain know that these allegation go a lot deeper than your 80s celebrity. What makes me sick all the tabloids will run this story which will get the majority of sheep believing the story and the real problem deep down within the BBC, parliament and the royals will never come to light

I'm growing mad at our country and the way it's run and the sheer stupidness of the general public it's actually beginning to drive me crazy. Absolutely sick of the lies and cover ups
edit on 14-8-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Lets not throw the guy to the wolves just yet. Innocent before being proved guilty.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This hasn't come as much of a surprise to some. He, like Saville, chose not to have any children of his own, plus in 2010 he relinquished his UK citizenship and moved to Barbados. He had links to people in the establishment and his name was on the guest list for Elm Guest House. He was also a close friend of Jill Dando and was interviewed extensively after her death. More of the conspiracy is slowly unravelling.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Lets not throw the guy to the wolves just yet. Innocent before being proved guilty.

Hmm ok I give you that I guess this news touched a nerve with me, sick of hearing all these when we all know the source of this abuse is a lot deeper and yet people are so blind .. I'm angry right now

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I understand and agree with you but lets see if there is any truth to it before putting him in the same boat as Saville ect.
Plenty of people make stuff up to make others notice them

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I understand and agree with you but lets see if there is any truth to it before putting him in the same boat as Saville ect.
Plenty of people make stuff up to make others notice them

I agree with you too you make a valid point .. I'll sit and bite my tongue .. Just for a little while.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Agreed BM. But having said that, I've been wondering for a while if something would eventually come out about Cliff, there’s something just so off about the guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just the whole relationship with the royals, friends with saville and the whole elm tree guest house crap. As above I agree with the innocent until proven guilty but I smell a very large dirty rat

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

More than likely guilty because he was on an MI 5 list along with MPs, Heads of social Service departments, royal household and his sweet little name was Kitty Oddly enough the listwhich they made when they were carrying out surveillance on top men visiting a place to have sex with young boys. My son seems to remember when he showed it to me from his phone that it links to the Elm House Guest House Richmond surveillance they were carrying out and the local boys in the care home near by.

Our government is only allowing old men to be prosecuted, because they fear that were the public told the extent of the MP's and top men from our Instution's deviant behaviour we would all bring the government/establishment down in disgust. Lets face it with most of the elite going to Boys schools where fagging goes on etc how do we expect many of the men to behave? eg. the government selecting Butler Schloss in an attempt to fix a hearing. An ideal candidate from the right generation, right attitude and experienced in dealing with family scandal. Her brother a high court judge was caught up in a sex scandal and merrily announced, whilst being a married man that he liked prostitutes from Africa and London when caught curb-crawling. She was obviously use to that sort of behaviour being the norm for their upper class lifestyle where the wives merely kept quiet to avoid scandal and maintain respectability. From his generation there seems to have been a huge change, or this behaviour has always been kept very very quiet, but at some time boys became almost more vulnerable than girls.

Going back to our "Kitty' albeit Sky News couldn't establish his whereabouts and Kay Burley assuring us that Kitty hadn't be warned that his place was to be raided - My God she said that with a straight face a number of times! clearly she thinks the Title 'Sir' carries weight for a right to know before hand when you are liable to be raided . It beggars belief the stupidity of our media Kay clearly has left her brain in a box somewhere.

On the list is another pop singer of much lower calibre to our cliff but still with a title - I suspect MI5 nis leaping after Cliff to bvuy his silence for the many bvery worried MPs and others whose name might come out unless Cameron and William Hague etc can cover it all up quickly enough.

Government files don;t go missing unless there is a very good reason for it and I bet there is a huge bonfire or shredding taking place at this very moment. I hope each one of those paedophiles involved up to today, as they are unlikely to suddenly change their behaviour/habits over time (unless it drops off) gets prosecuted for all the suffering they perpetrated on young people who were so very vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

I didn't know of the Dando link to Cliff but the more I hear of it the more it strikes me that Jill Dando was the honest and straight forward presenter that would have tried to do something about paedophelia wherever it took place. I wonder if she will get a posthumous medal or maybe not as its likely someone from the royal Household was in her file.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
it's meant to be an 'industry secret' about Cliff's homosexuality, but I hadn't realised he was into little boys as well. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's a scapegoat for the more elite, but it also wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Funnily enough, about 10 years ago, a girl I know (but have not seen, or been in touch with for probably 6 -7 years now) told me a tale of being "warned off" investigating Cliff & his predilections.

I don't think I can quote her exactly, (I can get close though) but her choice of words was certainly unflattering, to say the least.
Because of her tale, this comes as no surprise to me.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
edit on 14-8-2014 by EnochRoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
guilty.....
thats my opinion,and it goes a lot higher up the chain than tv celebs....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well before this latest development (which may come to naught) I've felt there was a whiff of dodginess about Cliff.

I think it's the secrecy.

Isn't he entitled to secrecy, you ask?

Not to the extremely meticulous extent he's kept his life secret; if you've made your fortune from being a public figure, you must accept some trade-off with your private life.

What do we really know about him?

1. He owns several homes scattered across the planet
2. He never married
3 He's never shown any romantic interest in women (as far as I know)
4 He lives with a bloke

The guy's gay...so why has he never admitted it? Why does he still keep quiet about it...I mean, it's 2014?

And why does he bang on about being a Christian?

Jimmy Savile used to mention God a lot.

They're good at telling you what you want to hear.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

There is really not that many musicians, presenters and their like from that time period that have not been challenged regarding sexual offences.

One may possible conclude that society must have been full of rather a a lot of dirty beasts back then. Or it's all just media sensationalized bullcrap designed to make us look the other way.

I know what one i would put my money on!

edit on 14-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Totally agree with you.
Those in the media....TV AND newspapers have kept this hidden and continue to hide the truth of the royals and politicians.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Well before this latest development (which may come to naught) I've felt there was a whiff of dodginess about Cliff.

I think it's the secrecy.

Isn't he entitled to secrecy, you ask?

Not to the extremely meticulous extent he's kept his life secret; if you've made your fortune from being a public figure, you must accept some trade-off with your private life.

What do we really know about him?

1. He owns several homes scattered across the planet

So do lots of successful people.

2. He never married

He doesn't want to.

3 He's never shown any romantic interest in women (as far as I know)

Why would a gay man show interest in women???

4 He lives with a bloke

And this is unexpected because....? He's GAY. Of course he's going to live with the man he loves.

The guy's gay...so why has he never admitted it? Why does he still keep quiet about it...I mean, it's 2014?

Why on earth does he have to?

And why does he bang on about being a Christian?

Because... he is?

Jimmy Savile used to mention God a lot.

They're good at telling you what you want to hear.

I hate to say it, but your post seems to be more concerned about him fitting into your view of social norms, than any alleged offences towards children.

He probably kept his personal life separate from his professional life, because despite it being 2014, there are still a lot of homophobic bigots around.
edit on 14/8/2014 by BMorris because: Trying to fix the multi-quoting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join