It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVEALED: GCHQ's BEYOND TOP SECRET Middle Eastern INTERNET SPY BASE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Exclusive Above-top-secret details of Britain’s covert surveillance programme - including the location of a clandestine British base tapping undersea cables in the Middle East - have so far remained secret, despite being leaked by fugitive NSA sysadmin Edward Snowden. Government pressure has meant that some media organisations, despite being in possession of these facts, have declined to reveal them. Today, however, the Register publishes them in full.

The Register

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
ummmm i wonder if the register just put a huge bulls-eye to the British and American operatives in Seeb. if there is an attack to the facilities wouldn't it be treason on the part of the paper?

Governments have to protect the lives of their citizens no?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

I do see listening to ME conversations as an important part of GCHQ's work, rather than their nosing into the bulk of ordinary Brits calls. I would also include immigrants from Islamic countries born here on what we now know as well as those who think its OK to tramp off to fight in wars abroad, raping, murdering, destroying homes and going on a general rampage, sadly a whole lot of things normal religious men would have been disgusted by.

We have to have this kind of security base in place and obviously the Brits are exceptionally good at it. But there is a line between the general public's right to privacy and crime investigations and also the opportunity of blackmail when one is party to private conversations which I suspect is a useful tool for our Government.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

If those acting illegally suffer, then so be it. They knew they were acting contrary to international laws, and breaking the laws in the areas in which they were operating, so I have zero sympathy for any consequences they suffer as a result.

The fact that the British government bullies and threatens the press so much should be an alarm call to any free thinking person and grounds for removal of those in power. If they cannot be trusted, then why should the rest of us obey whatever edicts they pass down? They are destroying any trust that may have once existed between nations and people, mainly for corporate gain and the bankers, not to thwart "terrorism" as they like to keep reminding us at every opportunity.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Espionage is done by everyone, governments consider it so vital that is not an act of war, even if you don't like its likely you exist because espionage kept the cold war from eradicating life on earth, someone has to do the dirty work.

The governments have to protect their people classified information has to be kept classified in most cases to protect people, the newspaper interest is to sell more, the government in principle is to protect the nation interest.

But yeah you are right, to let people known where are the facilities is more important that protect those that works towards your interest.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting that the government works in the interests of the citizens? Are you mad?

The government works first and foremost for the bankers and the corporations, I though that was obvious enough for even the most blinkered in society to figure out. They are so brazen about it, they barely even try to hide it these days.

Sorry, none of this spying is about protecting the people and the country. It's about gaining inside info for corporations and bankers, and keeping an eye on troublesome dissenters. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with "terrorism", which in case you hadn't noticed, is funded mainly by western governments behind the scenes anyway. Follow the money!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The whole reason why we have these Extremists raping, beheading amongst other things is because of this secret program through the intelligence agencies of the West. Our intelligence are f'ing traitors...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The whole reason why we have these Extremists raping, beheading amongst other things is because of this secret program through the intelligence agencies of the West. Our intelligence are f'ing traitors...

Yes, that's the whole reason...jeez that's a ludicrously naive and ignorant statement. If you truly believe that then there is no hope for you. No amount of reality could impinge on that kind of thinking. If you are just lashing out incoherently ( I hope) then i would simply say religion and cultural issues are the greatest cause of the raping and beheading...Not the western intelligence services.

V

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: DarknStormy

Yes, that's the whole reason...jeez that's a ludicrously naive and ignorant statement. If you truly believe that then there is no hope for you. No amount of reality could impinge on that kind of thinking. If you are just lashing out incoherently ( I hope) then i would simply say religion and cultural issues are the greatest cause of the raping and beheading...Not the western intelligence services.

V

Who is naive and ignorant? You seem to be sure you know. 100% sure you know who trained, equipped and funded ISIL. So, master of reality... who is it? They are Sunni, so why don't you start there and properly explain things.

I say Saudi and Qatar with funding by the CIA and support from Israel. Corporations and Zionists literally threw Christians to the Islamic wolves to stabilize oil output. What do you have?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
the uk needs counter intelligence ,we had a soldiers head cut off in london ,i also dont believe the story of the utah datacentre i personally think there gonna mirror the web in that building and then we all have to go through it,the perfect plan for web monitoring

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifuge
Exclusive Above-top-secret details of Britain’s covert surveillance programme - including the location of a clandestine British base tapping undersea cables in the Middle East - have so far remained secret, despite being leaked by fugitive NSA sysadmin Edward Snowden. Government pressure has meant that some media organisations, despite being in possession of these facts, have declined to reveal them. Today, however, the Register publishes them in full.

The Register

No, the Register published them over two months ago... June 3rd. Read the page.

top topics

join