It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it you are more likely to dismiss evolution If you are an American?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Because theyre brainwashed by their book of fairytales to believe in creationism ..
Maybe one day theyll catch up to the rest of the world and get proper education.

"There are no atheists in foxholes"

Just wait...some day you will find yourself in a "foxhole" of your own and beg for God to save you.
Seen it plenty of times.

Oh also....my education comes from hard work and dedication. Not reading The Bible.
I thought maybe atheists would have a better comprehension than that or is that the best insult you could come up with?

And, you insult others on their education. What a ludicrous fallacy.

Maybe one day atheists will stop going out of their ways to insult everyone to their levels.

Not only that but I could careless about helping people anymore. I used to donate, run charities, help the homeless, help strangers...but I do not see helping the wicked to be helpful anymore. You peeps have dug your graves and now you have to sleep in them.

Everyone on this planet seems to have a self of entitlement with little to no work or just complete laziness.

You will reply back either playing the victim or with some self-righteous insult that no one will care about.
The comment will get archived into the internet and it will get breezed right over.

Or you could try this

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

I personally think If I was an American I would be annoyed at the education levels in the USA heck even Poland does better.
Good for you not being educated by the Bible but it is clear the Bible is holding education back in the USA.
Oh and just because people are against religion doesn't mean they are not believers in God.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Personally I think the declining standard of education in the US plays a big role in this.

For whatever reason, successive governments have seemed to be of the idea that making the people dumber is a good idea. And America has gone from being a world leader in innovation and education to... a pale shadow of its former self.

Same thing is happening in the UK too. Exams get easier, courses are ridiculously easy to pass, and we now have a generation of people graduating with university degrees who are functionally illiterate.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
The USA when I was a kid I looked at the USA in awe because of the space shuttle and great achievements they have done. But it still astounds me the USA is the 2nd worse believers in evolution in western countrys.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

So why is this when it is obvious evolution has happened and is happening now?.
Is it the education system has gotten worse? or is it Religious teachings have infiltrated the classroom?.
Anyhow I really hope you sort it out and get with the rest of the western world.
Thoughts?.

Wow, everything about your statement is so wrong.

The US has a list of great achievements, now we can look back and remember those great achievements with fondness.

What is obvious is that the US as a nation is de evolving, the whole structure is coming undone and their great achievements are memory's.
Now its the greed is good, drugs are an escape and God is dead era

Look around and note the world is crumbling

The Western world has nothing left to offer

What makes you think that believing in evolution makes you smarter? Communism?

Why not explain and justify your statement

I would hesitate a guess and say as the belief in evolution has grown in the US, her society has crumbled.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluesma

Thing is Catholicism accepts evolution.

io9.com...

The problem with their view is that they believe in a hands off approach .. but that God, after billions of years of the hands off approach, then intervened at Adam and Eve.

As to the why the US is in this position, it's because of the religious beliefs of those who came here that still pervade our culture.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You aren't wrong. But it's not because of the bible that people are stupid. People around my age (20's~) don't have any interest in being intelligent, it's almost "cool" to be a dumb***.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I look around the world and see the world crumbling because of religion.
Ah I must be a communist then because I believe in evolution...lol no I have studied the evidence and used my god given mind to understand it and accept it.
You want me to just accept we popped into existence when all the evidence points away from this view.
The western world still has much to offer but destroying education by allowing any form of religion into the classroom is a major step backwards.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Little to no formal education go hand in hand with ignorance. It is probably as simple as that. One should never underestimate the power of belief as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A country built on religious foundations.

Un-educated conservative communities.

Religious immunity.

Religion being allowed to infiltrate the education system.

Simple.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Ah I must be a communist then because I believe in evolution...lol no I have studied the evidence and used my god given mind to understand it and accept it.
You want me to just accept we popped into existence when all the evidence points away from this view.
The western world still has much to offer but destroying education by allowing any form of religion into the classroom is a major step backwards.

I look around the world and see the world crumbling because of no faith in a loving God and selfishness and greed and arrogance.
Ah I must be a moron then because I dont believe in evolution or any sciences (isnt that your argument in a nutshell)...lol no I have studied the evidence and used my god given mind to understand it and deny it.

I dont want you to just accept we popped into existence, believe what you want, its your right, dont assume what I want from you, believe what you want.
The western world and education was founded on the bible and protestants teaching the people to read.

Do you really have a clue what you are talking about.

You may be all clued up on evolution but your complete lack of knowledge about history is astounding

In the areas of the world which were not biblically influenced, universities and education in general was only for the elite class of religious and political leaders. Christians were the first to found universities to educate not only the upper classes but all men in those nations as well. Education has undeniably been a major catalyst which birthed the success of Western Civilization over the last 500 years. Why did education take root in the West? How did the West succeed in making its institution of education last when so many other great civilizations failed? It is Christianity and the church which influenced the thoughts and beliefs of the western world to recognize the value and necessity of education. The Christian church is deeply rooted in the education of the West because of the power that the truth of the gospel exercised over the beliefs and practices of its adherents.
cacheglobal.net...

But hey I am a creationist so I know nothing and dont believe in science, seriously mr monkey, you have no idea what the West is founded on.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Bill says it very well.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I like Bill. But he should close his mouth on things he isn't an expert on. He has looked like a fool a few times.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We can all be fools but even the foolish say profound things sometimes.

Is what he is saying in the video wrong and why?.
edit on 14-8-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Bill Nye is a professional in his field, no doubt. But as someone once said before, stupid people sometimes deny the existence of god simply because it makes them appear to be intelligent. Some of the posts in this thread reminded me of that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Iam not saying god doesn't exist I see it as in she made all the laws rolled the dice and let it all ride and we and everything around us is the result.
You can believe in God and evolution look at the Hindus and Buddhists both have very high numbers in evolution belief.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Can you explain your 'openness' to re-incarnation? You stated in the other thread? Surely this is not scientific, yet you critisize others for their own personal beliefs? Why do others beliefs bother you so much? Would you prefer that the whole human race believed the same thing? Do you think science is 100% correct?

Have you had an open discussion with someone who does not believe in evolution without critisizing them, in order to try and understand their views better?

Our Govt tell us that UFO's are weather baloons, do you believe that?

Scientists tell us fracking is ok?

Scientists tell us GMO is good. I have used it and know otherwise, should I still believe everything they tell me?

Why do others beliefs rattle you so much? A little intolerant dont you think?

Im open about the whole thing, simply because the evolution theory doesnt explain to me how the first cell with all its DNA connections was formed in its nucleus, without error. Was it formed instantaneously by chance? I canot accept that.; Was the DNA formed first, followed by its surrounding cell. Again, it would not survive in the harsh environment we are told existed at this time.
The DNA formed with all the instructions on how to reproduce, how to extract chemicals from the outside environment and convert it into energy, the 'factory' all cells have in order to operate was formed without error?

Remember also, there was no oxygen either, cos there was no life to create it yet. Conditions were harsh, yet this first cell survived. Not only that, all life on earth came from it.

Any errors in its formation, especially within the DNA itself would have rendered the cell useless.

Does this not seem a valid argument. Im not asking you to believe it (im not decided on it due to reasons like this), but i would never insult people just for having this opinion. Unlike others here.

In my opinion, evolution could be true but there are many unanswered questions. As for creationism, Im open to that also.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Because theyre brainwashed by their book of fairytales to believe in creationism ..
Maybe one day theyll catch up to the rest of the world and get proper education.

While I agree on US being a bunch of brainwashed mushrooms ... I don't agree on the rest of the world, having any better education.

The modern "out of Africa" theory, that is dominent. Is nothing more than creationism, in disguise ... it's creationists, using science to prove that Adam & Eve existed, and they were in Africa. Then their children migrated to the rest of the world.

And plate tectonics theory, is nothing but creationism in disguise as well. It's a theory, that dismisses any idea of the earth having "evolved", and more or less focuses on the world having been "created" at it's presence image, right from the start.

Same applies to Big Bang, theory. It's just a creationism in disguise. Here, the Universe was created in a huge flash explotion. And the big bang introduction videos, explain this as being in 7 days (creation), and us living at the 11th hour on the last day of "big bang" (creation).

So, as I said ... even if I agree on the American phenomenal ignorance. I do not agree on the rest of the world, being so much more educated.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem with their view is that they believe in a hands off approach .. but that God, after billions of years of the hands off approach, then intervened at Adam and Eve.

The Catholics here believe the story of Adam and Eve is a metaphor.

They believe Gods influence and power is manifested in natural events, and never stopped influence in life and events.
Evolution is Gods work in action.

-Though I have no idea if the Catholics in America have the same view- the materialism and consumerism of that culture could impact the religion there, and the focus on myth and metaphor could lose it's value. The religion could have evolved differently in that environment.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

I like to romanticise about reincarnation I think it is fun to do but do I believe it nope.
Evolution is not bio genesis and this isn't about that.
I have said many times before my thoughts on religion but I will say it again.
Religion is another mans version of God, If you fall for a religion you are not using your god given mind to find the real truth.
Look around the world and see what religion is doing to humanity just figure it out yourself and keep it to yourself.
The thing what ATS has taught me is even with facts in front of their faces people will still dismiss them because it goes against their religious background.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't thought of that myself. I tend not to go with the numbers, but I see your point. I don't judge people based on what they believe to be how we got here. I mean, think about it.. We're floating on a sphere through an infinite blackness among other random objects. I don't think it gets any more ridiculous than that. So I say, believe in whatever you want.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join