It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does Miss Liberty stand for now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
To our American ATS cousins...

I feel so frustrated and sad for you people right now... I checked onto ATS this morning and read SOs thread about what is happening in Ferguson...

Just a little snippet to let you know that nothing for the moment is being broadcasted over here on the French MSM.

It is so upsetting to see how things have degraded to this point.

The Statue of Liberty National Monument officially celebrated her 100th birthday on October 28, 1986.

The people of France gave the Statue to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution.

Over the years, the Statue of Liberty's symbolism has grown to include freedom and democracy as well as this international friendship.

More here : www.statueofliberty.org...

Freedom and democracy seem at the moment to be dwindling away in the United States and I feel the hurt and frustration of many of our fellow members here.

What would Miss Liberty say now if she was for real, what does she stand for now?

My thoughts are with you all and especially to the peacful protesters at Ferguson.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 14/8/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thank you Rodinus.

What would she say now?

Get the hell up and fight to keep your rights like many generations have done before you. If it's worth having, it's worth fighting for. It's worth it. Get up. If you give up, you don't deserve them anymore. The time for regretting that you didn't appreciate them enough is over. Appreciate them now. Exercise them now.

What does she stand for now?

The same thing she always has. It ain't over until the fat lady sings...
edit on 8/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Amen to that Sister and this Chubby Little Chinese Lady is Not Ready To Sing, Now or Ever!
She Stands For us and we need to make America a better place for all, we need to work harder at our differences and be better neighbors.
edit on 14-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I am pretty sure she is a statue of Athena and a symbol of the Illuminati / Masons like she always has been. She is hidden in plain sight, but if you really look into it she never was what we were told in the official story.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Patriots do not seek permission. We "take the liberty".

We must be cautious in a nation so divided. The causes are propagandized. The Furguson rioters believe they are defending the rights of an oppressed race, as do the dreamers and so on. Only a few realise they have taken on the cause of liberty for humanity.

Were Lady Liberty real, surely she would remind us that we have a common enemy.... That enemy is control, subjugation, slavery... It goes by many names but equates to a lack of free will and self determination.

Rights must forever be exercised or they will be lost. There is a right way to go about it and a wrong way. The wrong way is the easiest and we must not go down that path, as our nations leadership has clearly demonstrated. We must fight without harming the innocent. It is near impossible strategically, but philosophically possible.

She would rally the masses to defend what is right. Continuation of life without prejudice and division is right.. Tolerance of differences that do no harm is right. Freedom to speak, offend, love, defend, create, share, congregate, appreciate. These things are right.

We all wish to do them without repercussion when we inflict no harm.

Find the commonality and build upon it.

Boba

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Thank you Rodinus.

What would she say now?

Get the hell up and fight to keep your rights like many generations have done before you. If it's worth having, it's worth fighting for. It's worth it. Get up. If you give up, you don't deserve them anymore. The time for regretting that you didn't appreciate them enough is over. Appreciate them now. Exercise them now.

What does she stand for now?

The same thing she always has. It ain't over until the fat lady sings...

Bang on mate...

I wonder if the those in the higher up positions sometimes do a little homework and read the universal declaration of human rights from time to time?

The first article contains this :

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

More here : www.un.org...

Just how many out of the 30 articles are respected currently in the United States I wonder? (And in many other countries too?)

For those who do not know the universal declaration of human rights I definately invite you to read through it...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 14/8/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I believe she would echo Thomas Jefferson,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

join