It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON is promoting Billy Meier - Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why indeed.
Ive been debating/argueing with Michael Horn the past couple of days on this page. Pointing out things like the dinosaur, wedding cake ufo etc.
Now it has all been taken down by MUFON.
They must'nt want hoax's pointed out on the page.
I asked mr. Horn how much was he paying MUFON to get the case put up, to no avail.

It would be great if people reading this would take the time to go there and voice their disgust at this hoax being promoted.
Here's the link again, bottom of the page.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
I think it is nothing more then just putting the info out there for people doing research.

It's part of their Famous UFO Cases section AS SEEN HERE: MUFON

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Pffft. The article's biased beyond any reason and amounts to a puff piece in Meier's favour.

A couple of years ago, MUFON was 'evolving' to become the scientifically-focused organisation it was in the 80s and 90s. There was meant to be a sea-change and a leap to credibility wasn't there? No more BS and a cutting away of all the garbage and credulity they'd become associated with.

It was looking good!

Here we are with this step back to 1970s ufology when membership was high and credulity ran hand-in-hand with ticket sales and market appeal. Sure, there's room in the Inn for everyone - nobody refused. If you want your aliens to be Biblically-based...go for Meier's table. Fake photos? 'Ummm well, can we ever really know they're fake?'

Seems like the only folk who can't seem to get a seat are the rational skeptics. I know MUFON has a few credible, excellent researchers and where's their voice? Did they sign on to share a room with this Meier BS? How many more times does this old nonsense need a stake through the heart?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hi SecretKnowledge I seen your posts on there and replied to them, I asked MUFON a while ago on Twitter what their involvement was as they follow me, I got a reply saying they agreed with Horn to put it in their Famous Case's section. When they first put it on the site it was Titled Billy Meier 1978 but yesterday they changed that to Billy Meier 1964 to Present which incidentally removed all the comments.

It looks to me like MUFON is re-opening the case, they have given Horn a platform to carry on spreading this HOAX and seem to be working with him.

I dare bet that some new photo's will surface soon dating from 1964.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Has Meier ever been proven to be a fake? I've seen & read some about his claims & they do seem rather far fetched.
But have his claims & pics. ever been proven to be fakes?
Just asking.......

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

But have his claims & pics. ever been proven to be fakes?

Yes many times , there is no doubt Meier is a hoaxer and Horn is his promoter.
Below is just one example , much more is available online or on ATS whichever you choose.
forgetomori.com...

edit on 14-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Yes many times they have been proven to be fake, The dinosaur photo he presented was from a childrens book about dinosaurs and his infamous photo of the Plejarens Asket and Nera. The blonde woman actually turned out to be Michelle Della Fave, a Dancer on the Dean Martin show.

However when this was found out he then claimed the photo's were switched by the MIB. This is the argument Horn is using.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ok, cheers.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Sounds like a new book about Meier's encounters might be about to hit the shelves.

Maybe someone needs to put all these Hoaxers into print and expose them for the frauds they are and the damage they cause to the case for UFO's...Meier, Turd Phase of moon, Bob "Lizard" Lazar etc, etc...oh how i would like to see this lot get their comeuppance.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
2 failing businesses are just joining forces to salvage what's left bs + bs = smoke screened bs

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm of the belief/theory that Meier was spot on...
But as a recluse the man who went over to "help" him stated some absolute bollocks which was intentionally done to discredit Meier!!!

I trust Meier...
I don't trust the guy who claimed to be his messenger...
I think he added to the story purposefully!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I know many of you believe this is a hoax...BUT!

Is it? Really?

Y'all carry on and on, yet I've not seen any actual evidence of this.

So here is my problem...I was working with Marcel Vogel back in the day...late 70's early 80's. I remember the photos and metal sample quite well...Neither Marcel, nor any of the others in the group thought it was a hoax, and the entire group was composed of rather high end engineers and scientists...from both industry and local universities (like Stanford, Berkley, etc.)...so I'm very sure e of us were so gullible as to be taken in by a "cheap hoax"...and "Billy" wasn't in a position to properly "fake" his "evidence".

So, all you "Hoax sayers" where's your evidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: uforn

Hi SecretKnowledge I seen your posts on there and replied to them, I asked MUFON a while ago on Twitter what their involvement was as they follow me, I got a reply saying they agreed with Horn to put it in their Famous Case's section. When they first put it on the site it was Titled Billy Meier 1978 but yesterday they changed that to Billy Meier 1964 to Present which incidentally removed all the comments.

It looks to me like MUFON is re-opening the case, they have given Horn a platform to carry on spreading this HOAX and seem to be working with him.

I dare bet that some new photo's will surface soon dating from 1964.

The only thing that Horn does well is yell loudly and throw a red herring into any sort of discussion.

It's a big shame that anyone gives any sort of credence to this case.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Pretty simple. MUFON needs attention because there is nothing going on in ufology at the present time. Something like this will garner that attention from those that are true "believers".

I believe that since there is nothing to ufology presently, that's why a lot of people within the ufo circuit have changed their content over to NWO, corruption in governments and bank....etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Ive noticed that, he also goes on to attack anyone that does not agree with what he says.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Is it? Really?

Yes !

Have you looked ? , there is plenty of evidence out there presented by people who have spent time studying the case , from the equipment he used to make his UFOs , the original picture of his dinosaur sighting while time traveling to his ex-wife stating it's a hoax.

Left is the picture he claims was taken on his time traveling adventure to the right is the original from a book.

There are 3 certainties in this life ...
Death
Taxes
Billy Meier's a Hoaxer.

edit on 14-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ill add to your post these videos, the first is his ex wifes confession, the others are debunking his wedding cake UFO and his videos.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Unintelligent merchandising crap like this, would make any intelligent craft not want to come around.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Is it? Really?

Yes !

Have you looked ? , there is plenty of evidence out there presented by people who have spent time studying the case , from the equipment he used to make his UFOs , the original picture of his dinosaur sighting while time traveling to his ex-wife stating it's a hoax.

Left is the picture he claims was taken on his time traveling adventure to the right is the original from a book.

There are 3 certainties in this life ...
Death
Taxes
Billy Meier's a Hoaxer.

Yeah...yeah!

Have I looked?!?

Did ya miss the par where I said I was with Marcel Vogel during the time when he was analyzing not just the photos, but the metal fragment? I guess ya missed that part...

Anyway...all these photos you keep on claiming are Meier's...I never saw back in the day. So I must conclude that they are a later development, and, perhaps a plant from some government...

So...if y'all could just "debunk" one of his original 1979 images...

I will agree that some of this newer crap is just that...this "wedding cake" thing for instance is not one of his originals, and, looks like its an attempt to re-create one of the original, possibly real images.

In any case...the presence of a couple of obvious fakes does not a hoaxing case make. And it would appear, on the surface, that this is just a hatchet job in an attempt to discredit Meier.

So...where is your evidence?

ETA: While I'm not sure about the original material from Meier, I do think that e did a wonderful "hatchet job" on himself in later years...and has provided some of the material used to discredit him...isn't greed a wonderful thing?

edit on 14-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Hi tanka,

Would you post the photos you did see in person? I'm interested to see if they match the ships I saw in the 60s-80s. And no, I never saw any that looked like the wedding cake pan.

Thanks,

STM

edit on 14-8-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join