It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to post in certain forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was wondering why I am not allowed to post in certain boards? I cannot readily "reply" in the Posse Commitus or Off the Grid (just a couple of examples). And the button for "New Topic" is a circle with a slash through it. Are some members not allowed to post in certain boards? Why is this? I have not received any U2U's explaining any possible infringement on T&C either.

Can a Mod look into this for me?

ETA: As of yesterday this was not a problem. Today I was posting in the "Dressed for war-Ferguson" topic, and about half way through, I lost the "reply" button and am not really sure why.
edit on 13-8-2014 by scghst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Does this really apply to "Off the Grid" and, specifically, the "Posse Comitatus" boards? It only mentions the story boards.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
/self bump

2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yeah I tried to post in the breaking news about 15 minutes ago and no reply link showed no matter what. Maybe ATS is fixing some forum areas?
edit on 20amThu, 14 Aug 2014 04:09:20 -0500Thu, 14 Aug 2014 04:09:20 -0500am1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

Having the same issue. In fact I just posted a thread about this earlier. I have only noticed this problem in the Posse forum, but then again I only visit a few forums on here so I'm not sure how widespread it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It could be something as simple as not having enough "reputation" as a poster as someone earlier said, but I have found nothing relating to these specific forums. The really strange thing? I was able to on Posse until I started replying to Skeptic Overlord in a thread, a couple posts in and -bang- unable to reply. Really strange and odd. I wonder...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I have had that problem with Breaking Alternative News myself.
Usually I now try to add a space to each well after I finish typing.....seems to help.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I experienced this in the Breaking Alt. News forum and found that (at least in my case) it was the news story snippet I pasted. The text box allows for 750 characters, by pasting the entire article all at once it exceeded the character limit but bypassed the character count remaining notification.

I deleted it and pasted it in sectionally followed by a single keystroke and the counter picked up the remaining character count with each subsequent paste and keystroke. After fixing that the reply button showed up, so it must not appear if character counts are incorrect.
edit on 8/16/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky mobile keyboards

top topics

join