It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the only way to shoot down a UFO is using a radar with a high frecuency signal, the UFO use a magnetism system propultion (anti-gravity) the radar signal interfere with the propultion system and the craft eventualy crash
and if the craft don't crash then change the frecuency to a lower or higher level until the UFO crash, but don't let them get away because once they know they just run away trying to avoid the radar or escape from the radar range
that is if you can get a radar on your onw.......have fun

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I can just imagine a Star Trek episode that could of happened. Captain Kirk goes back in time to now. The starship Enterprise swoops down low over tree tops with a cloud for camouflage. Captain Kirk "Spock, what is that pinging sound?" Spock "Don't worry Captain, it's just the local red necks thinking they can take us down by firing their little BB guns at us." Both respond "
". Spock "they obviously didn't have common sense back in this time period did they?" Sulu "Captain, main phasers and photon torpodes are ready to fire on enemy solders!"

Now who thinks it's ok to shoot at aircraft? I don't think it's a good idea to shoot at anything that is not definitely hostile. You should also consider what you might hit if your weapon misses.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by newkids123

Originally posted by TheBorg
I STRONGLY suggest that anyone even CONSIDERING such action to stop doing so!!

If you did find out that it was aliens, chances are that you're going to get nothing but dead. And if it turns out to be a terrestrial military aircraft, well then I hope that someone gets to you before you fire on it, cause otherwise you'll be tried in court, found guilty of treason, and killed for being incompetant.

Personally, I'm one that would be more interested in learning about their cultures than killing them. So please, don't make a bad name for the civilized world by killing the aliens before they can even say hi. That's just clsoe-minded, let alone stupid.

"It is better to sacrifice everything than to live in slavery" -Ho Chi Minh

Lol Don't make a bad name for the civilized world? What makes our world THAT civilized with the war that has been going on, besides don't you think if they respected us why would they abduct humans to test on them and slaughter our cows.
Hmm They might be civilized, but not to us.
But who knows.

Explain to me how you KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that there are aliens here amongst us right now. I guess that I'm confused here.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
50 cal, 20mm, 30mm, 105's, 155's.... It ain't gonna' matter. Their ships have strong enough EM field around them that projectile weapons ain't doin' squat. You better be packin' serious energy weapons. Otherwise run!
Run very far!!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
is it possible for privet citizen to shoot down a UFO? im just asking cause id like a noble prize
no really we need to stop guessing and get real hard proof that you can hold in your hand. not goverment controlled infomation or lack of.

I am not a scientist by any means, but it seems if the 'ufo' floats, it is more than likely using percise types of negative, positive and null 'fields' to be able to do so. Simple hand guns or rockets would not touch them because the ship is inclosed within the field and thus shielded against objects. (this would explain how they don't get pummeled with space dust or debris). However, a certain type of plasma laser pulsed at the object, would definately take one down, as plasma would more than likely have the tendency to be able to enter that field. (that is 'if' plasma lasers are available to the military or every day people)

(I made no sense what so ever did I?)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A private citizen could hardly shoot a UFO, as he may first have to find it. Even if found, it could be high and fast enough to escape from a bullet/missile.

But there is a weapon, from which a UFO can't escape. That gigantic military laser built into a Boeing 747 cruising the US skies, designed to eliminate rockets. I doubt that a UFO can speed up to lightspeed in the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
the ABL isn't that powerful, it takes a few seconds/minutes for the missile to explode, but it's range is quite impressive...

I think your best bet will be an EMP missile launched from the surface or an aircraft...

If you used a Phallanx Close In Weapon System you could possibly disturb it's magnetic field with all those bullets, or you could always use the SIGNAAL goalkeeper, it's a Gau-8 mounted on ships to shoot down missiles...it's range isn't as great as the Phallanx however...

Perhaps a Railgun would be efficient enough to take a saucer down...

But any kind of firearm available to civilians isn't good enough...I doubt even a 20mm rifle would do anything significant to such a craft since it's probably strong enough to withstand micro-meteors which travel faster than any bullet...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Many people around here talks about abductions as a real thing, a real fact, but you have any solid evidence?

I mean, I really believe that aliens exist and that they probably come down to Earth, but for years I have read a lot, visited thousands of web sites and I still have not seen any solid and totally convincing evidence on any case of abduction or cattle mutilation. So, what makes you think that aliens are abducting people and killing cows?

And, about shooting at ufo's and/or aliens, besides the fact that no one knows for sure if they're hostile (or, at least, presentend scientific and valid evidence) I don't think this isvery civilized.

PKD

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

i thinking id use my 50cal. i can punch a hole though a iron fring pan at 500yards and a engine block at 350yards. i think that might work. you cant you a stinger it locks on to heat. i live in a real remote area it will take time for the man to get out here.

im asking anyone that thinks they can get undeniable proof to do it. if it take shooting down the proof or high jacking
. just dont put your live at risk.

hah. a gun wont have any effect on a beamship. it will have shifted to another dimension before you'd even be able to think about pulling the trigger. and look luck finding one that isn't cloaked or invisible to the eye.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Little OT story here about the shooting down of flying craft...

My friend and I were out in the woods just hunting stuff...I had a...oh crap i cant think of the gun name....an ak-47 only one thats not automatic...lol....anywho back to the story....A jet of some sort, along with two other jets beside it flew over...the jet was pure black...and truthfully i have no idea what it was. The ak had a scope on it and in order to get a better look at it...i pointed the gun up at her, and was following it....for some reason my trigger finger pulled...and i shot at that jet. I was like OH # WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE!. I was for sure the next day the FBI would be knocking on my door taking me down to the station.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
C'mon, u need a nuclear warhead to bring those UFO (U #er old..:lol
.. I mean a nuclear warhead may not affect them enough to bring them down (Thx to their shield but should be able to destroy their shield without affecting the craft after the blast) But after the nuclear warhead is fire, the UFO is not yet destroy but half of your city is gone.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is pretty much acknowledged by researchers that either RADAR, or lightning is what brought down the Roswell craft. I think you should concentrate your efforts on some kind of MASER in the gigawatt range.

I tend more towards the Lighting theory. If a interstellar craft was brought down by 40s era RADAR it would be most feeble IMO and it would be amazing it even made it to earth in the first place. Its not like the aliens would not be familiar with Radio waves the universe is full of Natural Radio Emissions.

I would believe more in pilot error then RADAR

Lighting on the other hand we are talking several hundred million volts at tens to hunderds of thuosands of amperes. Amazing amounts of energy and the orginal energy weapon.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You said in like, your third(?) post that you have a plan in case they got pissed, can we hear it please?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fredng
I mean a nuclear warhead may not affect them enough to bring them down (Thx to their shield but should be able to destroy their shield without affecting the craft after the blast) But after the nuclear warhead is fire, the UFO is not yet destroy but half of your city is gone.

Where does this notion that they would have shields come from? Aside from SCI-FI I have never seen any mention of UFO and forcefields. Manoverability and invisblity seem to be their biggest defense. I mean if you could fly circles around ICBMs that travel many times the speed of a rifle bullet and not show up on RADAR why would you even need any shields, nothing could hit you.

There does seem to be mention of them being built out of really strong materials though.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
No, no, no. Ya got it all wrong. Bullets won't work. Any light based weapons won't work. Here's what ya do:

Ya gotta procure a MICROWAVE directed transmitter. A powerful one. One that would fit, say, in a van.

Microwaves mess with em. Read an account of it happening in the 50's. There WAS retaliation for microwave directed transmissions, so be prepared to bail.

A pulse missle might work but they would be LONG GONE before it could ever reach them.

When you are on a deserted road late at night and ya see em coming out of the woods for ya, THATS when ya whip out the 50 caliber. Ask em before you shoot, "Ever see 'Indiana Jones'?"

G.Houtchens
amateur historian
armchair coach

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Houtchens]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

is it possible for privet citizen to shoot down a UFO? im just asking cause id like a noble prize
no really we need to stop guessing and get real hard proof that you can hold in your hand. not goverment controlled infomation or lack of.

Man come on, it is just wrong to shoot down a UFO, there are living beings in it, its just wrong to kill them because you want proof so badly.
We all want proof but shooting down a ufo when you get the change is just no option.

It can also be that you when you shoot it down, you start an interplanetary war with those guys, and you definatly dont want to be the one who's responsible for that.

(We almost went at war with the greys at the time of the roswell case, they wanted to shoot the hell outta us because they crashed because some sort of u.s military device that interfered with the craft, luckily someone interfered and stopped it (the war) from happening

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Here are some reasons to hold fire:
- unknown potential to retaliate. You don't want them to get mad at you. I don't want them mad at us.
- shows very poor embassadorship on behalf of Planet Earth, not to mention ill manners on your part. Mind your reputation!
- illegal activity. You don't have free reign to bring down aircraft, do you? Even if you can convince the judge that extraterrestrial craft are exempt, what about THEIR laws.
- could ruin the current Altair/Earth tourist trade

here are some reasons to open fire

they take our people and do insane things to them

How in hell would you know what species you are shooting down?

The greys dont come here anymore, ands they are the beings that do these insane horrormovie things to our people.
You have a one hundred percent change of shooting down aliens who have no interest in treating us like the greys did us, they dont want us as slaves and they dont want to invade and steal our planet.
Aliens like the greys who have no good in mind are simply not allowed to be here anymore, there are "organisations" in space who guard planets like Earth against et-threats.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The US Military has the means I believe to bring them down. Something to do with specialized "High Intensity" Radar signals that effect their drive or navigational systems.

Problem is, they don't want them dropping into your back yard where they can be video'd and witnessed so I suggest in the last 10-15 years the Military has been extremely hesitant at bringing them down in residential or high people density areas.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i think the whole world has gone mad about the aliens. area 51.
we have nothing to hide
(p.s cross this line and we'll kill you. ? ive been mad to kill aliens scince i was told the truth.are they good or bad?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I would not shoot a UFO with a regular firearm. Like a Indian with his bow and arrow and the cowboy with his Gatling gun on his wagon, he is. Superior species should be treated with respect. Though for them I hope they recriprocate.

However if they don't-

F-15, -16 -18 and -14s have made numerous UFO shootdowns and they have not been published. The F-15 by design is a natural born UFO killer. The -22 and JSF follow on from its pedigree. Many think the F-15 was designed as urgent update from the Phantom to combat the Mig-25 Foxbat at the times. Good PR USAF it was designed to address the avionics and weaponry shortcommings of the F-4 in encountering anomalous objects. The F-15 was the first generation 'advanced technology fighter'- the FX project. Im sure it borrowed allot from Groom Lake research at the time. Funny in Independance Day cameo the presidents plane was being protected by F-15s not F-18s
Its good they leak stuff now and then.

The F-15 even has a advanatage on newer ATFs as it is largely analogue based still so it can resist UFO jamming more so which it was designed to resist. Sometimes modern tech plays into 'their' hands. The other advantage its non FBW and can pull very high G turns more so than any other jet bar the -22. Its also EMP hardened so it will also operate after a nuke attack while the -16,-18s and -22s are grounded.

The F-15 was way over-engineered just to take on one single Russian 'threat' Their quietly keeping the skies safe from unwanted intrusions. No F-15 pilots however ever get medals for this. Now that the USAF learnt back in the late 60's how to shoot them down. Its still just as good as any foreign Mig or SU27 out currently and allot more as there as it has allot more equipment inside her and powering her that is very secret indeed. The funny thing about the F-15 compared to its more 'Hollywood' heroes- jets f-16, f-18 and f-14 as Eagles generally ovoid the limelight for good reason...

to take out a ufo heres your options-

- a non explosive missile with a high dose of emp variable electromagnetic based chaos designed to throw a UFO anti-gravatics of kilter and then the F-15's can finish it off with a live warhead AMRAAM kill. Like a missile lock I assume it would home in to the gravity freqency wavelength its running at (like a IR heat signiture) and lock-on just like a regular missile- only better. Im sure they could fit this special warhead to any AIM-9, Sparrow or ASRAAM and AMRAAM quite easily and modify the aircrafts avionics to handle it. You probably could not tell the difference between a stock F-15 interceptor or a UFO killer apart from minor software mods and maybe a external homer fitted inside the FAST packs concealed.

That does not mean to say either that the UFO's don't get away or there has been unfriendly blowback with UFO's also shooting down USAF and other airforces aircraft in the process. As somebody said before its not good to shoot down little green men over civilian areas rather out to sea or in deep wilderness. The best trick the USAF ever pulled (and a select few allies) is that they could not blast out one single UFO out of the sky...

[edit on 20-6-2006 by neverlost]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join