It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
is it possible for privet citizen to shoot down a UFO? im just asking cause id like a noble prize
no really we need to stop guessing and get real hard proof that you can hold in your hand. not goverment controlled infomation or lack of.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, assuming they are real, what would you intend to use? You might with stinger missle, but then agian, you might spend the rest of your life in Levenworth for firing such a destructive device

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
is it possible for privet citizen to shoot down a UFO? im just asking cause id like a noble prize
no really we need to stop guessing and get real hard proof that you can hold in your hand. not goverment controlled infomation or lack of.

Well all ufo events follow by black helicopters. If you did manage to shoot down a ufo, mass of people would see the crash and hear the loud boom let alone the government.

Lol if you did shoot one, make sure you have cameras and lots of people with you. Take all the evidence and RUN TO THE NEWS STATION. BLOCKADE ALL THE DOORS and MAKE A LIVE BROADCAST RIGHT AWAY.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Well, assuming they are real, what would you intend to use? You might with stinger missle, but then agian, you might spend the rest of your life in Levenworth for firing such a destructive device

i thinking id use my 50cal. i can punch a hole though a iron fring pan at 500yards and a engine block at 350yards. i think that might work. you cant you a stinger it locks on to heat. i live in a real remote area it will take time for the man to get out here.

im asking anyone that thinks they can get undeniable proof to do it. if it take shooting down the proof or high jacking
. just dont put your live at risk.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here are some reasons to hold fire:

- unknown potential to retaliate. You don't want them to get mad at you. I don't want them mad at us.

- shows very poor embassadorship on behalf of Planet Earth, not to mention ill manners on your part. Mind your reputation!

- illegal activity. You don't have free reign to bring down aircraft, do you? Even if you can convince the judge that extraterrestrial craft are exempt, what about THEIR laws.

- could ruin the current Altair/Earth tourist trade

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well go out at night and start looking for them! Make sure you bring your 50cal with you and maybe a laser pen(green specifically). When the alien get attracted to the laser and heads your way, open fire and shoot as many times as possible.

If you have some friends have them bring weapons too.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Sigma]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Considering UFO stands for unidentified flying object, it could be anything, including a secret military aircraft. You wouldn't want to shoot one of those down, would you?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think instead shooting with the gun (or whatever weapon) is better to shoot some convincing video (the chances are around the same) and show it on ATS
- I bet this would be much more interesting

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
[edit on 4-12-2004 by rainz3d]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
...it could be anything: including a secret military aircraft. You wouldn't want to shoot one of those down, would you?

Considering the attitude of some of the anti-government posters here, I think some of them wouldn't mind that at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye

- shows very poor embassadorship on behalf of Planet Earth, not to mention ill manners on your part. Mind your reputation!

I think if they are the ones doing abductions and cattle mutilations,
then embassadorship isn't much of an issue....

Shoot em.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We should use non-leathal weapons on the aliens..... Id love to shoot a Grey with a beanBag thing! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
- unknown potential to retaliate. You don't want them to get mad at you. I don't want them mad at us.
- illegal activity. You don't have free reign to bring down aircraft, do you? Even if you can convince the judge that extraterrestrial craft are exempt, what about THEIR laws.
- could ruin the current Altair/Earth tourist trade

here are some reasons to open fire

they take our people and do insane things to them

how can i be proscuted for some downing a aircraft that does not exist in the eyes of our laws

if they fight back i have a plan

is it tourist trade or slave trade that you think i could ruin

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, go for it if you see one. They don't want us to remember them or have any kind of civilised communication. If one survives, get him in the car and to a news station right away! And take some of the evidence and have a mate take photo's. This would mean the goverment would HAVE to come clean.

If its a secret government plane, say you thouh it was aliens and get hte pilot a beer. Then keep the plane, you can sell this later on.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Shoot it down with an old soviet "Grail" missile, then plant the missile launcher in your [Annoying, not the hot 1] neighbors garage so they get charged for terrorism... just a thought

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well since a UFO is just an aircraft that has not been identifyed I would like to see you befor a jury if you shot it down. You had/have no proff that its not a human craft and as such have no right to start shooting.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A better use of your effort might be to try to make contact with the UFO. If you are ever close enough to shoot at one with a gun perhaps you could make something to send out a broad range radio signal to them or even just flash a light in a sequence.

I dont think you would want to make them mad. They might be the probing type of aliens

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah, you'll need a contingency plan if they get mad. If they see you as a threat, prepare to be abducted or annihilated. Perhaps you could hide in a lead-lined degaussed basement and wait for an alien assault?
Signs style.

Perhaps a better way is to somehow bait yourself into being abducted, and hijack the ship. The movie fire in the sky comes to mind. If I were in that position, I woulda kicked the # outa them. The crash in times square or leicester square, cause i doubt i'd know how to land the thing
. Sacrafice myself for the proof.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmm, yeah, haev a contingency plan incase they get out las0r guns.
If not, your kinda up the creek without a paddle or boat. Bear in mind they seem to have mind control abilities. Wear a tin foil hat as always in these circumstances.
Aliens fear bacofoil, wrap your gun in it to.

Seriously though, make sure you don't piss them off to badly, if one survives be nice to it or it might jsut call an invasion squad. Then Half Life 2 would be real!
Or not, but try not to get caught. I saw on www.auctionarms.com once a box of disposable RPG launchers with RPG's. And I mewan a big ol' box full of them. Not sure of the legality of it, im British, but it was awesome.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Various militaries can get only a momentary lock-on with radar. In one of the famous NASA shuttle vids, a UFO supposedly scoots away from a shot fired by the Brilliant Peebles system. And that is said to be a railgun. I think alot of the lasers wouldn't even touch the craft due to the EMF around said craft. You know anyone with a few photon torpedos laying about??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join