It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK, so my Uncle owns a cleaning company. I cannot give any names at this point, so bare with me. We just got a contract to cleaning for a big set of banks; however, we only clean four, but those four help!

Now, since day number one we have had problems with these people in these banks. But we managed you know? I mean, its a job. Recently they have been saying we leave the doors unlocked. We KNOW for a fact we do not because all three of us check the doors and follow eachother out and all check the next set, etc. Well now it's going to the head of the bank ceo's or whatever. We are going to lose this contract. Ii wouldn't care so much, but I just got a hefty car payment not even a week ago. I figured I was pretty secure. I am a student and get paid damn good money to do what I do as dumb as it sounds. What do I do!? its our word against theirs. They have been through 8 cleaners in 3 years; I managed to get that out of one of the tellers once day. I see why now. They BLATANTLY lie. Where do I begin what do I do!? If I lose this job I cannot afford school nor my car! This company will go under, and its a chain effect.

Why do people have to lie, and do it blatantly over and over.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

Reassure him that you will give everything a once over before you leave...let the responsibility fall on one person to ensure all areas are locked...assure him that what ever was wrong will be fixed from this point forward..

Have a checklist made out that you will submit when completed with your signature or your uncles ensuring all areas were checked..my friend use to leave a small green card in areas that were completed to let the customers know that certain areas were cleaned and secured...the cards were similar to what you might see in a men's room when the area was cleaned a few times that day...time, areas cleaned and by who...

Unfortunately customers or always right when they are paying for your service (to an extent of course).

edit on 13-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They have been through 8 cleaners? Maybe the place is haunted and that's why the doors aren't locked when they should be.
That is rather bizarre that they would keep going through cleaners like that. I don't know, just a thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The best thing to do at this point is try to find more clients. If the bank is full of @%&*, then so be it. From personal experience, it is/was likely one of their employees coming after hours (assuming they don't have electronic keys, in which you know exactly who and when someone has entered or not locked the door). What banks don't use some type of electronic entry anyways nowadays?

If you are getting paid nicely to do something that you like to do, I bet you can get paid even more by going out and finding other organizations/people that desire your services off the clock. Whoever is running the company will likely give you more of the slice of the action since you procured the client and you still get to keep doing what you like. If you need help figuring out how to market your services, send me a PM and I'll provide you with some basic ideas/templates that you can fit to your market/demographic.

Hope this helps-

MEAT

edit on 13-8-2014 by godsmokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The first couple times it happened we took full responsibility knowing it wasn't us at all! We have done everyting. Like this one bank, they blatantly do stuff to get to us. Like they are there a few hours on saturday, the one time someone took big clumps of watermellon and chocolate and went to the break room and stomped them into the floor. It -- at that point -- was between 80-100 degrees them days especially inside without AC (in the break room). So when we go in we get emails saying we aren't doing our job. These places have it out for us, and we need to get the head guy to see that, but idk what to do! The people that work there act like they are all high and mighty. They only throw these fits when the head guy leaves the country to visit his family knowing we have no contact with him and the tapes (assumingly) get over written. I'm going to start recording us locking the doors if we get another chance, but i don't even know what to say.

They act like we are dumb, I am on my lat two years of college to be a programmer, and have a WV certification for computers. I was a deligate in SkillsUSA, My uncle worked for the mill here for almost 20 years before getting hurt real bad, and the other guy was a welder before he retired. It's annoying, and now our lively hoods is on the line.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Generally fear or exploitation are a couple of the main motivations for lying, there are many depending on the lies. Seeing how deception has been part of the jungle for millions of years through things like camouflage and stealth has help put some of it in context.

Being a bank there could be cameras to help find out just what is happening, but being the hired help it is common to be stuck as the scape goat as other internal politics are going on. One option might be to set up your own camera, they are quite small and cheep these days and if there is a common door in question it could help prove the reality. It might also back fire if it is discovered before being of assistance depending on the policies of the region.

Another option is to look for another contract before this one expires and unjustly tarnishes your reputation. Drop them before they drop you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Are there no security cameras that they can pull to show you locking the doors? And footage that shows those jerks deliberately making a mess?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
Are there no security cameras that they can pull to show you locking the doors? And footage that shows those jerks deliberately making a mess?

That's what I was going to say, they should have it on security cam if you are leaving and not locking/checking the doors.
edit on 13-8-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I agree with the other poster, tell them to check their security cameras. If your 100 percent sure you or the people you work with didn't keep these doors open, than tell them to prove it!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Use a camera to film the doors being locked. Date and save the files. If you are accused of failing to lock the place down, demand to see security footage starting at the point that you have footage of. Any bank should have 24 hour security cameras.
I've been in a situation where tips were divided evenly between the employees weekly. Money seemed to be going missing. The owner called several employees, including myself, in for questioning. I took it upon myself to set up a hidden camera. Turns out the owner was the thief.
edit on 13-8-2014 by skunkape23 because: added

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wwe9112
They only throw these fits when the head guy leaves the country to visit his family knowing we have no contact with him and the tapes (assumingly) get over written. I'm going to start recording us locking the doors if we get another chance, but i don't even know what to say.

I don't get how the tapes would be overwritten if they were out to prove something. Then, they have no proof.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your Luck. You have a Contract I presume? If so you need to look up the Commercial unified Business Code applicable to your State. In it you will find all the answers you need. From breach-Meritorious Defenses(such as I suspect is your case,personally I wouldn't accept less than treble damages based on total value keeping OffSets out of the equation) of said allegations. You already have proof that this is an ongoing attempt by the Bank to replace you with another outside bid,right? Some guy has approached them and offered a lesser $amount. "I'll pick the apples for half of what he done charge ya". Arbeits verderber. Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It sounds like that bank has a security problem, and something shady might be going on. I would try to find another client, and try to leave that one. You never know if they might try to pin something on you.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think you have to do what the other member here said, find other cLeaning jobs. If the banks are your only contracts, you really aren't or weren't doing too well. You cannot depend on one customer. It's up to your uncle, or whoever is in charge to find more contracts, or try yourself.

It's all about marketing yourselves. Or you won't be in business very long.
Good luck!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Well, simply put, if the bank is properly secured with modern security systems, then its locks should not be purely mechanical.

Modern security systems, allow any door or lock, to be connected to a centralised hub, a database if you will, which records each and every use of any door or access point, connected to that system. It should be able to tell when a door was unlocked, and what time it was locked again. Accessing this data is usually done by either the installer when requested, a companies security management team (who will study products attached to the buildings under their protection), or the authorities in the event of a heist of some sort.

These systems are used widely in businesses and government offices with high value items or data in them. Technically speaking therefore, if the bank is up to scratch, then finding out the truth of the matter should be a simple matter of accessing the time stamp database for each use of the access points which have allegedly been left open when they ought to have been locked.

That said, if the bank has not got those systems, then one would have to rely on the camera systems in the bank, to establish the facts. What I would say however, is that regarding the possibility of recording your movements around the bank to prove your attention to security concerns, it might be an idea not to go ahead with that until you have asked permission from the top management of the firm. The reason I say this, is that understandably, bank management do not like the idea of persons from outside their company, having access to video which shows the operation, model, make, distribution and application, of security products in their buildings. The reason for this, rather obviously, is that such material, even if recorded for good reason, can be used by criminals to plan methods for breaking through those security measures to enact a heist of some sort. If, therefore, that video were to fall into the wrong hands, that would represent a massive breach in bank security.

So in summary, if their equipment is up to snuff, then the facts of this situation are a matter of databased record (these systems do not offer an "erase" function for entries into the access log as far as I know, since to provide such a feature would be anathemic to the cause of creating the system in the first place), and if that record is accessed and you have been vigilant as you say, then the record ought to bare that out. If the equipment within is NOT up to snuff, then make sure you ask permission from the head of the company before acting on your plan to video your passage through the building, to prove your point.

I wish you every success with this issue. I know what it is like to have customers who choose to make ones life difficult, and I do not envy you the backbiting and nonsense that you are encountering.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sue. I'm sure you could get a private investigator to catch them in a lie and have them charged with something. If your livelihood is at stake because of someone else's lies and bullying, then yes, it IS worth it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Sounds like a potential setup for an inside theft if I understand correctly. I would report to the police that the bank you lock up is being found unsecured and ask if they can do a perimeter check at the appropriate time.

Your financial situation I am not qualified to advise on other than to say you must be realistic about all possible outcomes and carefully set your priorities about the truck your credit and your other budget items.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Also sound advice. If you can document the real perps or lack thereof most things they might try against you would backfire.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for all the help everyone! I appreciate it. We have a meeting with the head of the banks tomorrow -- Monday. We will find out our fate. If this doesn't get us dropped, I will be getting permission to set up our own cameras while we are in there. I have recently been applying to some retail stores, so hopefully if this falls through I get a call back from one of them and will give me decent hours.

I worked for a subcontracting company off an on over the summer doing some computer work, the owner sent me a link to some internships down Wheeling here, so I will also be contacting them about perhaps getting on board there. It'll all work out. It's just nerve racking how people can lie like that. You know? This job did pay me very, very well believe it or not on top of having another part time job that I quit like three weeks ago lol. Maybe I should have kept it.

Anyway, thank you for all the help and support. I do appreciate it. It means a lot!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just an update, we got a call from the head guy, no names sorry, but he said he did in fact watch the videos of us nightly and we have nothing to worry about. I just had to go and let all the managers know of our locking process. He said he knows who the problem people are but he just can't fire them untill someone else at the facility has the same amount of experience, etc. He said for us to bare with him and just to keep doing what we do and let him know of all problems.

Next week I have to write up a proposal for us to be allowed to use our cameras of us each day for proof of anything and everything, but I have to wait till next week he said. He just got back in his office so he has a bunch of stuff going on (he is head of 96 banks) but yeah, everything is fine and he is working with us to make sure we are safe but he said we have to work with him too which i understand.

Thanks for all the help and support everyone.

new topics

top topics

join