Cannabis-Based Batteries Could Charge Your Phone in Seconds—And Change the Way We Store Energy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it was because new technologies and techniques opened up a lot of possibilities in the fibre and plastics industries for hemp to be used cheaply and effectively. Obviously people stood to lose a lot of money so it (marijuana) was deemed a violent drug amongst the Hispanic and black communities to get hemp a bad name. Or the story goes. Like I said I'm interested in the subject but far from an expert. Some of the previous posters could probably tell you a great deal more than I could.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hemp and bamboo are the answers to clean green sustainability worldwide. These two plants could literally save us from ourselves.

Both plants grow like... well, like weeds with a rapid growth rate and literally no maintenance necessary. And the 1001 different applications they can be used for is crazy ridiculous.

But we'll never see it happen.

TPTB will never allow it. They have no interest in sustainability. Never have, never will.

It doesn't fit into their Agenda 21 plans.

Bamboo

Hemp

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I know quite a bit about the subject too. I'm also no expert but I've been paying attention closely to the subject. It was one of the first conspiracy I ever learned the truth about & this was probably 5 or 6yrs ago. Before I was a member on here & knew all the stuff I know now.

I know a lot of people whose illnesses like Crohn's & MS is much more manageable thanks to cannabis.

That being said, I think that if they hadn't been so afraid 100yrs ago, there are those things that would be much better thanks to hemp.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I just don't understand why they didn't think "hey Hemp is a million times better, let's invest in this stuff" instead of being afraid of losing out so they had to create huge lies.

Think of how rich they would be, how much better our clothing would be made from hemp & all the other things that would be much much better if they were made from hemp

I don't get it either eh (Canadian). Illegal drugs make a lot more money than legal ones that can't be grown by everyone with just some seeds and some know how. You can't regulate something that you grow in a garden unless you're Monsanto. But they're still not going to stop you from growing vegetables because people would actually complain about that.

Hemp is a very versatile plant. There's a lot you can do with it. The fact that it's illegal is close to the equivalent of not being able to grow tomatoes or beans in your back yard.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtf2008

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I just don't understand why they didn't think "hey Hemp is a million times better, let's invest in this stuff" instead of being afraid of losing out so they had to create huge lies.

Think of how rich they would be, how much better our clothing would be made from hemp & all the other things that would be much much better if they were made from hemp

I don't get it either eh (Canadian). Illegal drugs make a lot more money than legal ones that can't be grown by everyone with just some seeds and some know how. You can't regulate something that you grow in a garden unless you're Monsanto. But they're still not going to stop you from growing vegetables because people would actually complain about that.

Hemp is a very versatile plant. There's a lot you can do with it. The fact that it's illegal is close to the equivalent of not being able to grow tomatoes or beans in your back yard.
it's actually more ridiculous than that, given the amount of uses for the plant compared to vegetables.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

originally posted by: DaboiaAlien
This actually sounds interesting. Better use of the cannabis plant than a joint. LOL

I would say so, since you don't use hemp that way and it won't get you high. So much ignorance in this thread (not necessarily directed at you DaboiaAlien), and the ones similar to it. Hemp will NOT get you high, there is a very low THC content in it (THC is what gives you the high).

For anyone who wants to educate themselves, here's some excellent information from Dr. David P. West, who is a Ph.D in plant breeding. www.naihc.org...

Well, I heard you could get high from it... if you smoked a joint the size of a telephone pole. Seriously.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join