It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitey Bulger on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted",Biggest Mob Rat of Them All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
James J. "Whitey" Bulger, as one of the fugitives on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted" list, is under ever mounting pressure to become a full-time FBI/federal prosecutor's elite mob rat. After all, Whitey Bulger is not getting any younger. He's 75-years-of-age and counting. He is currently on the heart medication Atenolol (50 mg). There's a $1,000,000 bounty over his head.

Of course, Whitey Bulger is already infamous for the hours he has put in as a part-time FBI/federal prosecutor's elite mob rat. What are some of the similarities and dissimilarities between a part-time and a full-time FBI/federal prosecutor's elite mob rat?

By "elite" I mean the men who have held the highest ranking positions in the American Mafia before and/or up until the moment they agreed to cooperate with the government.

A fugitive of Whitey Bulger's criminal stature is subject to wide spread scrutiny whether he is in hiding on the run from, or hiding on behalf of, the federal government. But, the benefits and the perks of a full-timer exceed those of a part-timer. So too does the comparative career longevity of the full-timer exceed that of a part-timer.

Benefits? Room and board, medical care, witness protection, prosecutorial immunity, access to a new life in a new identity. Perks? The ability a cooperating witness has to market his name and story as well as to lecture and serve as a consultant.

As a part-time FBI/federal prosecutor's elite mob rat, Whitey Bulger's status was clandestine. His rat status actually enhanced and buttressed his stature in the underworld. As a full-time federal service provider, Bulger's status will be public. Bulger will be no opportunity to engage in criminal activity. Suspects will know well in advance exactly who is scheduled to rat on them.

A Whitey Bulger who is cooperating is a mixed blessing for the FBI. Whitey Bulger probably has a huge amount of "new" and potentially damaging information about FBI corruption in the wake of revelations about and accusation against John J. Connolly Jr. and H. Paul Rico.
Only Uncle Sam knows for sure the individuals whose names are included on his list of FBI/federal prosecutor�s elite mob rats. If he is apprehended or if he turns himself in to federal authorities, it won't be long before we will be able to add the name "Whitey Bulger" to those on the list.....of fatest RATS..
That's still to come....

Ten Most Wanted ..

www.fbi.gov...

As you all would have suspected,YES ..The Prince is on there...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Whitey is an interesting character. He was the head of the Winter Hill Gang in the Somerville section of Boston.

His brother Billy Bulger was for years the president of the state senate in Massachusetts. The way Mass. politics is set up, he was more powerful than the Mayor of Boston and many times outweighed the governor. Bills didn't get passed without his blessing. He resigned from the senate to become head of UMASS. Billy doesn't cooperate with the officials as to the whereabouts of his brother.

Funny story about Whitey: he was obviously loaded, but had no visible means of income, so he's a prime candidate for tax evasion, right? Well guess what? He got "lucky" and won the Mass Megabucks lottery, so now he has a source of income. Go figure.

Last I heard, he'd been spotted in London. Supposedly he's traveling with his ladyfriend all these years.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is John J. "Whitey" Bulger the �Biggest Mob Rat of Them All?� The answer to that question depends, among other things, upon the answers to the following questions: When, if ever at all, will Whitey Bulger be apprehended and/or become the victim of mob retribution?

If the answers to these questions are "Never," then Whitey Bulger's candidacy for the �Biggest Mob Rat� position depends strictly upon the elite mob ratting he has already committed.

John J. Connolly Jr., a rising FBI agent and fellow "Southie," i.e. resident of South Boston, Massachusetts, had known James J. "Whitey" Bulger since boyhood when Whitey rescued him from a playground fight. Decades later, in the mid-1970's, they would meet again. By then, Connolly was a major figure in the FBI's Boston office and Whitey had become godfather of the Massachusetts Irish Mob.

After investigating organized crime in New York, Connolly was reassigned to the bureau's Boston office in 1975, and was determined to make a name for himself by relying on his old connections. He succeeded in a big way by lining up Whitey as an FBI informant in an effort to bring down the Italian Mafia---a major coup for both the FBI and Connolly. In exchange, Bulger received protection. Though heavily involved in extortion, intimidation, assassination, and drug trafficking, Connolly's "good bad guy" did not receive so much as a traffic infraction for over 20 years.

In time, however, the deal changed, and information began flowing in the other direction, with Bulger manipulating Connolly and a small group of corrupt FBI agents to further his nefarious network. The criminals and the lawmen eventually became virtually indistinguishable.

In the wake of revelations about and accusations against John J. Connolly Jr. and H. Paul Rico, a Whitey Bulger who is cooperating with the FBI is a mixed blessing. Whitey Bulger probably has a huge amount of potentially damaging and previously undisclosed information to share about FBI corruption.

If he is apprehended or otherwise saved from mob retribution by the federal authorities, John J. "Whitey" Bulger is destined to become the "Biggest Mob Rat of Them All." either way his prospects seem to have
run out or surely on their way .....

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've also heard that he's a tranvestite and that he probably travels as a woman. It might be a little harder to travel by air these days, though.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
With a Million$ over his head,FBI most wanted' and at the age of 75 I doupt very much he can do any travelling,let alone dress up as a woman....
are you taking the mikey....or what !!..

Seems to me that this matter does'nt really atrackt any serious replies,then agian I sort of expected it...It's a topic I normally discuss on another forum....but If I had to tell of the links some aircraft building companies had might still have with mobsters,well that would open some eyes and drop mouths open...I'll leave that one on ice for now as I'm gonna get away from behind this screen....it's been long enough for today..s

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Maybe the pictures should be a tad more aged, since he really does'nt look to be a man in his middle seventy's. That may help to identify him faster. As well as Catherine Elizabeth Greig.
Just a thought

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
With a Million$ over his head,FBI most wanted' and at the age of 75 I doupt very much he can do any travelling,let alone dress up as a woman....

On some show dealing with his history and the manhunt, it was mentioned that he cross-dresses and that he might travel as a woman. I think the show was America's Most Wanted. So my statement is based upon information I have seen publicized. There are elderly cross dressers and almost everyone has to travel at least sometimes.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Horus_Re

On some show dealing with his history and the manhunt, it was mentioned that he cross-dresses and that he might travel as a woman. I think the show was America's Most Wanted. So my statement is based upon information I have seen publicized. There are elderly cross dressers and almost everyone has to travel at least sometimes.

Excuse me there..Grady..I scincerely thought you wee taking the pssss...

See I don't get America's Most Wanted on my TV. however I might be able to move the satelite around I guess..but recently I just have no time to watch that much TV. anyways...hey no hard feelings I hope??? man..

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
TextDespite a trail, 10 years pass with Bulger still free..

They've got a silver skull ring he once wore, a coin collection and knives he stashed in safe deposit boxes around the world, and passports he abandoned after taking up a new identity.But they don't have Whitey.
Yesterday investigators marked the 10th anniversary of South Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger being on the run by showcasing items they have seized from him and associates over the past few years and displaying new age-enhanced photos of Bulger and his girlfriend, Catherine Greig, who is believed to be with him.But US Attorney Michael J. Sullivan told reporters at a press conference at the federal courthouse in Boston, that investigators don't know the whereabouts of Bulger, who is wanted in the deaths of 19 people.
www.boston.com... les/2004/12/22/despite_a_trail_10_years_pass_with_bulger_still_free/
TextWhere in the world is Whitey? Killer eludes hunter$..
The FBI-led team chasing James J. ``Whitey'' Bulger spends more on travel and expenses than all other Boston FBI units combined in a fruitless hunt for the notorious killer gone 10 years this week, the Herald has learned.
A team of 13 men now works full time traveling the globe in a frustrating search for the 75-year-old murderous ex-informant. Their expenses outstrip all other FBI units in a field office of 200 agents, leading critics to speculate why they can't catch him.

Part one of a four-part series on the 10th anniversary of James J. ``Whitey'' Bulger's flight from justice.
news.bostonherald.com...

He said the investigation received a boost this year when the Massachusetts State Police and the federal Drug Enforcement Administration joined forces with the FBI.In the past, State Police and DEA officials had worked independently in hunting Bulger, out of a mistrust of the FBI and its handling of the case.Massachusetts State Police Colonel Thomas G. Robbins said yesterday that his agency has invested "a lot of sweat equity and investigative powers" in the Bulger case over the years and is committed to the Boston-based task force that is hunting him.

biz.yahoo.com...
Sullivan acknowledged yesterday that there were mistakes made early in the hunt for Bulger.
But that's in the past, Sullivan added...
:bnghd:

top topics

join