It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jack-Booted Thugs' With NRA Approval?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm going to make this short and sweet. People really do not like it when their own hypocrisy is pointed out to them.

Two recent events in our nation's sad, sad history, and two very different responses (or so far lack thereof) from the NRA. Yet we are not allowed to question why.

I am not posting this to further divide. I am posting it to say, if we keep avoiding this cognitive dissonance in our collective head, it will destroy us. It is destroying us.

After all, Twitter is full of images of police dressed in camouflage and looking for all the world like a powerful government militia terrorizing the citizens of Ferguson. The NRA has previously lamented "black-suited, masked, massively armed mobs of screaming, swearing agents invading the homes of innocents." LaPierre has expressed grave concern over "federal agents wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms to attack law-abiding citizens." Surely, if anyone in the U.S. is concerned about police forces abusing their lethal powers, it must be LaPierre, self-styled guardian of individual rights, protector of the little guy, scourge of overzealous government agents.

Yet once again, an unarmed black boy or man has been shot dead by police, and LaPierre is silent. I just can't figure it out.

[Source]

I'm wondering the same thing. But for some reason, I am not allowed to. But who knows. Maybe a statement is coming from the NRA.

edit on 8/13/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

What are you trying to say?

Care to elaborate?

Seriously, I don't get it.......

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe the NRA is waiting to see the evidence? Maybe the black kid did go after the cops gun? Maybe he didn't. The evidence is out there yet. Only thugs stealing new LED TV's.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Bloomberg sounds so desperate.

Why would LaPierre behave like an activist? The guy has a well developed platform, he's promoting a proven process, and he has nowhere near the capital Bloomberg controls.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
May I ask why the NRA is required to make a statement every time someone gets shot?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What we've had lately is the conservative branch, the Teapublicans demanding the increase in militarization of the police. Example, they are demanding that the border police be replaced by military units and national guard.

See:
Texas Grassroots Leaders Demand National Guard at Border, Special Session
Texas tea party says Gov. Perry should bypass federal government on border crisis

Yet anytime there has been a civil rights issue, at least those involving blacks, they side with the police, or the state. These conservatives demand a crack down. Out come the names and derogatory remarks, they're just "animals," or "violent thugs" and "criminals," - they deserve what is happening to them. Most of it is still rooted in deep south racism, that any issue involving blacks can be dismissed or derided as part of the welfare state.

Maybe now some of these conservatives who appear to be waking up to the police state we've been living in for the past century will see past color to realize that when a paramilitary swat team guns down an unarmed black teen that those same police units might actually be a threat to them and their civil liberties as well. Maybe they'll understand that they played a vital role in promulgating that militarized police force.

This recent killing in Ferguson is still part of the civil right movement. Noting has changed, nothing has improved for American blacks. In the past when a black teen stepped out of line, it was the police and angry white mobs lining up to lynch him. Nowadays, we still have many conservative teapublicans that want to use the power of the state to crush civil rights, obstruct their ability to vote, deny them any assistance at all. Since the Ferguson killing another black unarmed teen was killed in LA, during an "investigative stop."

The point of all this, is that those pesky civil rights movements of the past few decades were vilified not just by the states but many of those who would call themselves "tea partiers," or white-power militia types, or conservatives. I'm not saying there aren't liberal racists, there are. But those who sought to bring down the civil rights movement, to increase the draconian military response to such issues, have generally been of the right-wing ilk. They've elevated racism to an institutional level.

Perhaps nothing strikes me as more hypocritical as when a paramilitary-style militia that claims to stand against tyranny has also derided the plight of American blacks who have been living under the gestapo boots of tyranny and oppression for ages, confined to ghettos by economic forces put in place by white society. Maybe we'll figure out we're all in this together?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I only see one incident mentioned. Are you saying white people with guns rioted and looted and the NRA spoke out on their behalf? That seems to be the implication....

You point out the Ferguson "thing" (animals rioting and looting) but there is no mention of the other "event" or "incident".

Or are you just saying that an innocent child was killed by the jackboots?

Below, the rap sheet they were referencing:

Michael Brown’s rap sheet on casenet

Description: Burglary – 1st Degree [ Felony B RSMo: 569.160 ]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD

Description: Armed Criminal Action [ Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 ]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

Description: Assault 1st Degree – Serious Physical Injury [ Felony A RSMo: 565.050 ]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

Description: Armed Criminal Action [ Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 ]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

Yep...innocent. Child. Yep.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

You, sir, seem to be confusing conservatism with racism.

Oh! Of course, there is no such thing as a liberal racist...nope, never happens. Democrats, by definition, cannot be racist.

Bull excrement. What world do you live in?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

You do realize he was unarmed, with his arms over his head, when the cops shot him, right?

Witnesses told St. Louis’s News 4 that Brown was unarmed and had his hands in the air when he was shot. Police have not confirmed these reports.

Dorian Johnson told News 4 that he was walking with Brown when a police officer confronted them. He said Brown tried to surrender after the cop fired his weapon.

“Once my friend [Brown] felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air,” Johnson said. “He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”

But it's all good, right? Just another criminal animal off the streets. Yep yep.

How about another unarmed teen shot dead:
(LAPD Shouted 'Shoot Him' Before Killing Unarmed, Mentally Ill Black Man: Witness)
Heck, they even put cuffs on the man - after he was dead. Want to dug up a criminal history report on him too, to justify murdering him?
edit on 13-8-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You, sir, seem to be confusing conservatism with racism

LOL, maybe because "conservatives" confuse conservatism with racism.

I never saw conservatives get worked up when jack-booted military police were beating black kids brains out. Conservatives just cheered them on, and then posted those black kids police records so they could feel good about it.

The NRA helped build this beast, they ushered in the era of the paramilitary swat teams. Did you hear about the 13-member swat team that raided an animal shelter because they took in an injured doe? Full tactical gear, assault rifles (I can hear the NRA fanboy's heavy breathing), kicked in doors, because someone kind-hearted soul tried to help an injured deer. I tell you what, can you post the criminal record for that doe, so we can all tell ourselves that the raid was justified?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
Yep...innocent. Child. Yep.

Hey Mr. Gullible:

Michael Brown Jr. was 18. Those cases happened last year. When he was in High School. He was going to start his first day of college today, if I'm not mistaken.

Do you think he would have graduated high school while in jail such that he could go to college today?

Do you think they would release records of a minor?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Actually, I want to reinforce this for the sake of ATS members.

It takes a shameless person to throw serious accusations around without care, such as accusing the dead boy of being a criminal (and thus alluding justifying it to the 'he deserved it' crowd).

Why don't you take some care and look at Missouri Courts to find what you so want to believe?

Being that the slain kid was 18, he must have been born in what - 1995 or 1996?
Go look up "Michael Brown" in there. See if you find any matches for criminal cases since then. Now click on Parties and see when the person in question was born.

None of them were born after 1992. "Michael Brown" surely isn't a common name, now is it? Plus, this kid's name is said to be "Michael Brown, Jr." which is distinctive, legally. There are two cases with that name, and the person in those cases was born in 1987.

If you have a sense of decency, you would edit your post and remove such slanderous lies, bbracken677

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

If math doesn't fail me, and it seldom does, If one is born after today's date, and before the november dates listed on his record, he could very well have been 18 when the crimes were committed and still 18 now, right?

Mr. Gullible says: Perhaps you should read the testimony of those in the HUD project listed as witnesses before you decide he is automatically innocent. I just love it when people close their minds and accept bs without having even taken the time to look at the facts instead of the propaganda. Embrace Ignorance!

By all means! Let's react with the mob mentality! Damn the facts! He was a 6'3" 300 lb innocent child (with a record of assault.)

edit on 14-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Missouri Case net is a reference. They have a disclaimer on there themselves telling people NOT to use it as an authoritative or definitive source for records checks and there is a real good reason for it. There are cases I KNOW exist on people in my life and from their past which should be there, but they are not. There is one ticket on there from my own past which is improperly listed and in a very inconvenient way at times...but they take errors as part of the business it seems.

Something to consider before using case.net for anything but curiosity or support to confirm something already established with something else. It's useful and I use it frequently but never as a means of elimination.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: frankensence

I suppose the old adage that a liberal cannot be racist is true then?

By definition then, conservatives are racists. That seems to be a rather bigoted statement.

Regarding black kids getting their brains kicked and never seeing conservatives etc etc, are you not just assuming, in many cases, that someone who does not get "worked up about it" is conservative? I know, I know...you will deny it and assert that these were indeed conservatives. I personally have known quite a few liberals/progressives who are as racist and bigoted and closed minded as the oldest, most entrenched conservative. Racism is not a political plank, requirement or philosophy. Racism comes in all sizes, flavors and political leanings.

Unless, that is, you decide to accept traditional political dogma. I would like to point out that back in the 60s, were it not for Republican (I do not affiliate with that party) votes the civil rights act would not have passed. A little fact that many are either unaware of, or ignore.

Personally, I prefer to wait until all the facts are available before deciding who is at fault. Granted, given our MSM state of affairs there is a lot of misinformation that will send us in different directions almost simultaneously. All the more reason to let the dust settle before deciding conclusively (if that is even possible) who is guilty. I do not always achieve this goal, but it is normally there, in the back of my mind somewhere rattling around.

My wife is from St. Louis, so perhaps my perceptions are a bit influenced by what she has told me of the area. Ferguson, at one time, was a very nice middle/upper middle class suburb. You can see now what it has turned into. Regardless of whether the victim was innocent or not, there is no excuse for the rioting and looting going on. Was the Quick Trip involved? Was Wal Mart (yeah, I hate Wally World and refuse to shop there, but you dont see me looting the place either) involved? Was Wing Stop involved? These are all area businesses that were destroyed and looted (wings anyone?).

There is no excuse. Period. Seems that in that case the authorities could choose to just let the rioters and looters have free reign and continue to destroy and loot, or they can put their foot down and at least attempt to protect those businesses and people who ARE innocent. Which do you favor?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
What we've had lately is the conservative branch, the Teapublicans demanding the increase in militarization of the police. Example, they are demanding that the border police be replaced by military units and national guard.

See:
Texas Grassroots Leaders Demand National Guard at Border, Special Session
Texas tea party says Gov. Perry should bypass federal government on border crisis

Yet anytime there has been a civil rights issue, at least those involving blacks, they side with the police, or the state. These conservatives demand a crack down. Out come the names and derogatory remarks, they're just "animals," or "violent thugs" and "criminals," - they deserve what is happening to them. Most of it is still rooted in deep south racism, that any issue involving blacks can be dismissed or derided as part of the welfare state.

Maybe now some of these conservatives who appear to be waking up to the police state we've been living in for the past century will see past color to realize that when a paramilitary swat team guns down an unarmed black teen that those same police units might actually be a threat to them and their civil liberties as well. Maybe they'll understand that they played a vital role in promulgating that militarized police force.

This recent killing in Ferguson is still part of the civil right movement. Noting has changed, nothing has improved for American blacks. In the past when a black teen stepped out of line, it was the police and angry white mobs lining up to lynch him. Nowadays, we still have many conservative teapublicans that want to use the power of the state to crush civil rights, obstruct their ability to vote, deny them any assistance at all. Since the Ferguson killing another black unarmed teen was killed in LA, during an "investigative stop."

The point of all this, is that those pesky civil rights movements of the past few decades were vilified not just by the states but many of those who would call themselves "tea partiers," or white-power militia types, or conservatives. I'm not saying there aren't liberal racists, there are. But those who sought to bring down the civil rights movement, to increase the draconian military response to such issues, have generally been of the right-wing ilk. They've elevated racism to an institutional level.

Perhaps nothing strikes me as more hypocritical as when a paramilitary-style militia that claims to stand against tyranny has also derided the plight of American blacks who have been living under the gestapo boots of tyranny and oppression for ages, confined to ghettos by economic forces put in place by white society. Maybe we'll figure out we're all in this together?

It is quite a ridiculous stretch to say people wanting the southern border secured (like myself) are in favor of militarizing the local police in Missouri. Or anywhere. Is this how liberals really think? It makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

That's kinda messed up. Seems that something as important as case/court records are there would be exceptional care placed in accuracy. Also seems like if they screwed up they would be liable for damages, no?

Not sure what could/would protect them from a civil lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Oh, it doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I am honestly happy it is as accurate as it is. I've seen worse results for chasing ghosts and 'near hits' from services charging a measurable chunk of change per search. At least case.net IS a good reference for civil and criminal at the same time and the mixed results come without any charge for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Blackmarketers post is wrong and deceptive in many instances. First is that the push for National Guard on the border is not to "replace" the Border Patrol, but augment.

2nd... I am not aware of nor do I know one single conservative who is in favor of the "militarization" of our police. I am a rather odd mix of conservative and progressive and I am pretty split on the whole swat thing in Ferg. On the one hand I am glad someone decided to take strong steps to prevent more rioting, on the other hand the presence of machine guns and armored personnel carriers is rather disturbing.

I find it disingenuous that people actually feel that the police should not respond to rioting and looting. Disingenuous or just plain stupid.

If we are going to riot we should express our dissatisfaction with our leaders by destroying Govt buildings...not businesses. I would like to suggest we start with the IRS... lol. Looting is just opportunism combined with greed.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ummmm, so what are you saying??? Other then the obvious that you don't like the NRA, nor white people having firearms.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join