It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Un-freaking-believable: Look who Obama just suggested is “the biggest threat to America"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Omg this is spun so hard I got dizzy reading it. He says the biggest threat is "us".
Where does the writer get that he says conservatives?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: eisegesis

He is playing his roll!

The left/right paradigm is what gives them the power to RULE over us versus REPRESENT us!

But hey, it's more fun to point fingers and try to PROVE who is the least dangerous venereal disease isn't it?

I absolutely hate political labels. They exist only for show. Divide, segregate and polarize.

Think like this, then you're that.

Don't think like that, then you're this.

Politics...left, right, left, right, left, you start to get dizzy. When your head is always turned it is harder to see the path ahead of you.

Tear it down...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Omg this is spun so hard I got dizzy reading it. He says the biggest threat is "us".
Where does the writer get that he says conservatives?

That comment about diversity was likely a warning to conservatives, who are expected by many Democrats to lose power as the nation absorbs more foreigners who do not share conservatives’ small-government ideals.

Cut me some slack on the source. Take it for what it is.

People who don't even label themselves as conservative are becoming one overnight based on how fast this presidency has changed the definition of "government".

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

LOL True... but then what is Biden's and Pelosi's excuse? Seems they both recently made public comments regarding the "country of Africa" .. ROFL

Their excuse is that they don't have one.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It has been obvious IMO for some time, that politicians are basically snake oil salesmen.

They say the things they think people want to hear (they have entire teams working on demographics), for the purpose of being elected.

When in position of power, doing something else entirely and stealthily installing under the radar policies, gradually infiltrating their agenda into the system using various disguises (cloaked policies) then using people's ignorance, distraction and emotional bondage (patriotism, propaganda etc) as a blinker system.

Then placing too many obstacles in the way for any means of effective democracy or course of action for those that do realise.

It has too often appeared that the erosion of traditional values (via policies media etc) is a tool for attempts at preventing the population of nations from forming cohesive groups and acting as ethical monitors with a say.

For example calling people ''racist'' if they don't agree to unsustainable immigration policies, ''conspiracy theorists'' if believing in governments having alternative motives than for bettering societies, ''unfashionable'' if not buying into the destruction of the long established moral fabric as seen in media, ''racist'' if speaking out about dubious religious practices, ''homophobic'' if offended by the fake campery pervading the media, ''prudish'' if not buying into the 'sexually available' mindset portrayed in media, 'rewarding' those of psychotic or egotistical in business, placing emphasis on commerce using unscrupulous practices for gaining power, money and control etc. All names and tactics for undermining ethical righteousness.

Being aware every day and in every way is the way to conquering the injustices of society of such maladroit practices. Keeping tuned to the truth is the way of seeing the true light. When people see things clearly, good things will happen. Society can and hopefully will be healed.

edit on 13-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
From the point of view from a government selling fake democracy, the biggest threat to them is their own citizens

Very true.

You have easily summed up his administration as well as many others in one sentence.

Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I say that Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Boehner, and (every party) party are the biggest danger to America. I also say that the damage left in his and his administrations wake is far more proof of who has damaged America more and who is likely to drag us further into hell before he's out of office. But don't listen to me or the proof. The conservatives are more of a threat entirely... at least to the liberal agenda that resides in the White House now. That much is the truth.

They say you can only judge a president in hindsight. Well, that's what idiot progressive zombies say. Mo government, mo money, mo problems. A good president keeps what the people tells him works and finds solutions to the things that don't.

Hey, let me light your pants on fire, but don't tell me it hurts until after you dead. An example of hindsight not being effective. lol

edit on 13-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I would say Obama is the biggest threat to America than anything else

Please, you give him way too much credit.

For the love of all that is holy... Where is his hand???

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Kangaruex, no matter what TPTB say about you, you're o.k. in my book. Thank you for your contributions to my threads. You are one of the better posters on this site.

edit on 14-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Don't Wanna Think about That,,,,

@ eisegesis, Great picture, can I borrow it?

Obamas is nothing but a Community Organizer and that is All he ever was.
He had no Skill and No Experience. Elected because he could do One thing and One Thing Only, Tell a Good Lie!

Won't it be nice when He's Gone and we won't have to keep hearing the Obama Faithful saying the same old Thing Over and Over!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Kangaruex, no matter what TPTB say about you, you're o.k. in my book. Thank you for your contributions to my threads. You are one of the better posters on this site.

Ha! Thanks for that. Seriously.

And SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Where did you find that image??? I'm stealing it and will stow it away for an avatar!! I absolutely love it!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
It has been obvious IMO for some time, that politicians are basically snake oil salesmen.

They say the things they think people want to hear (they have entire teams working on demographics), for the purpose of being elected.

When in position of power, doing something else entirely and stealthily installing under the radar policies, gradually infiltrating their agenda into the system using various disguises (cloaked policies) then using people's ignorance, distraction and emotional bondage (patriotism, propaganda etc) as a blinker system.

Then placing too many obstacles in the way for any means of effective democracy or course of action for those that do realise.

Half of the problem is that the voting punters live in one of two reality tunnels; one is that the government is a bunch of penny-pinchers and are always trying to reduce spending on the poor; the other is that the government bureaucracy wastes taxpayers money or spends it on their own luxury offices.

You could announce that a long-running modernization problem is replacing the health services fleet of sedan chairs with modern air-conditioned disabled friendly ambulance vans. Mention savings, and the poor would think you were cheating them out of money. Mention increased costs, and the wealthy would think you were wasting taxpayers money.
edit on 14-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

All part of the 'either /or' plan of division I guess.

Divided is easier for conquering.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The biggest threat to the US… us—we, the people. We have stopped caring, are too dumbed down, or buy too much into the propaganda that is fed to us. If we started caring, educating ourselves, and standing up for our constitution we could take back this country. As it stands, we have passively handed over this nation to the corporations.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
do not forget that Bill Ayers proclaimed 25 million anti progressives must die and was Obama's Chicago mentor..from Ayers FBI monitor, Larry Gratwhol i believe. and do not forget Ayers dedication in "a prairie fire" to Sirhan Sirhan and many other assassins...and i confess i met him once in Oregon, but did not see the danger then.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm certainly no fan of Obama. What surprises me about him, though, is the way he has sold out HIS OWN ideals.

His progressivism is distinctly anti-free-enterprise, yet his government plowed into bed with Goldman-Sachs on day one, and basically foisted the billions of GS debt onto the taxpayer. Same with GS clients who were leading holders of GM stock, which Obama "saved," meaning he foisted their debt-load onto the taxpayers.

I have been frankly shocked by how quickly Barrack whored himself out to global business.

I mean, you'd expect Bush & company to work for the benefit of the oil corps, since they agreed with the world-view, aside from the mere money.

But B. Hussein O'bama lived his whole prior existence as a progressive with an anti-business, anti-western worldview. But he was so quick to sell out.

Or maybe he wasn't selling out; maybe he's been cashing in.

EDIT TO ADD: Have at this page that contains an alphabetical list of individuals with links to Obama/Clinton and Goldman Sachs.

EDIT TO ADD TO THE EDIT: why doesn't ATS have an archive of this kind political/corporate information? You'd think THE major conspiracy website would provide this info on the current leaders of US and UK, as well as other nations of where its members live....
edit on 14-8-2014 by tovenar because: you need to know

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be a good idea.

However, who would be deciding the list and descriptions of their dubious activities.

As per recent apparent ATS name calling RT, perhaps it is best to forget the idea of it being from ATS. Unless of course it is on a member thread.

The truth behind these organisations will probably be known soon enough.

EDIT TO ADD TO THE EDIT: why doesn't ATS have an archive of this kind political/corporate information? You'd think THE major conspiracy website would provide this info on the current leaders of US and UK, as well as other nations of where its members live....

edit on 14-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

In a way, I do agree with Obama. I'll be honest about that.

If you read the interview and the actual New york Times article, which you failed to link... Obama has a point here. (And yes, that is coming from a conservative.)

While he blamed the rise of the Republican far right for extinguishing so many potential compromises, Obama also acknowledged that gerrymandering, the Balkanization of the news media and uncontrolled money in politics — the guts of our political system today — are sapping our ability to face big challenges together, more than any foreign enemy. “Increasingly politicians are rewarded for taking the most extreme maximalist positions,” he said, “and sooner or later, that catches up with you."
New York Times article (when you read the whole piece in the original you get context a bit better)

I think our politicians today are more about being popular, speaking out loudly before getting accurate information, just in general not really looking at their stances objectively and intelligently prior to taking them.

That said, I think increasingly our democratic party is more similar to a communist party in politics and this is not helping matters any. But in general, its balance that is needed - and we don't need a bunch of extremists, on either side of the line.

edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It's all about getting re-elected.

If we truly had politicians that were honest and served the people they would outlaw lobbying and lobbyists. But that "ain't gonna happen", is it? The foxes are in charge of the hen house.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I know and that is so sad. THAT is the one thing I want to see changed, no more lobby, no more money in politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join