It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Mysteriously Missing 24 Percent of Its Water

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A Massachusetts town has been scratching its head as to where up to 24 percent of its water has gone. That figure is actually smaller than estimates from earlier this year, but Medway, Massachusetts, is still missing 100,000 gallons, the Milford Daily News reported.

Current culprits could be unmetered connections, leaks or a combination of the two, Tom Holder, director of the city’s Department of Public Services, told the newspaper.

In an effort to get to the bottom of the mystery of the missing water, the department is installing devices to measure how much water is going where in different neighborhoods.

Town Mysteriously Missing 24 Percent of Its Water

Which btw there is an update to this story that actually they are losing 250k gallons of water each day.

Medway: 250K gallons of water lost each day

By Zachary Comeau
Daily News Staff
Posted Aug. 13, 2014 @ 12:01 am

MEDWAY - After months of trying to figure out what has happened to missing town water, officals have now more than doubled their previous estimate of just how much the town is losing on a daily basis.

While inspections and audits have turned up no leads, officials now say the town is losing 250,000 gallons per day, more than double the original estimate of 100,000 gallons per day.

According to Department of Public Services Director Tom Holder, the previous estimate of 100,000 gallons a day reflected the "low end" of demand.

www.milforddailynews.com...

This is a bit strange. It is happening not only in that town but it seems to be happening in many other towns and areas all over, at least in the U.S.

Other examples include another case also mentioned on the original link about the "missing water in Waterloo Iowa."

851 Million Gallons of Water Missing in Iowa: ‘We Just Don’t Know Where It Went’

Hundreds of millions of gallons of treated water are unaccounted for in Waterloo, Iowa — an ironic name given the situation.

The Waterloo Water Works said it is missing 851 million gallons of water. According to the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, that’s enough to fill 1,300 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

“Frankly, we just don’t know where it went,” General Manager Dennis Clark told the Courier of the water unaccounted for in 2013.

www.theblaze.com...

Kansas town searches for thieves after millions of gallons go missing

Posted 8:34 pm, July 17, 2013, by Ted Malave, Updated at 08:37pm, July 17, 2013

JUNCTION CITY, Kan. — A small Kansas town is trying to determine what happened to millions of gallons of missing water.

The Junction City Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in locating and identifying any person that may be involved in the theft of water from the city.

Currently, the City of Junction City cannot account for approximately 30 percent of their water usage and has been told by the State of Kansas that the City is exceeding its allotted usage of water and must bring this issue under control or suffer sanctions.

kfor.com...

60 million gallons of water unaccounted for in Gaines

Town of Gaines audit points out discrepancy

By Howard Balaban

Orleans Correspondent

on June 20, 2014 - 5:33 PM

, updated June 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM

For the second time in less than a year, the Town of Gaines underwent an unflattering audit.

The previous forensic audit found the books off by roughly $100,000, and a water audit Tuesday showed that 60 million gallons had disappeared over the past 4ø years.

Town Supervisor Carol Culhane said the missing water would fill a tank the length of a football field standing more than 140 feet high.

“We’re a small town, and that’s a lot of water,” she stated, noting that the missing water is from only the 4ø-year period able to be re-created.

www.buffalonews.com...

This is not a new situation, it has been happening for many years and in some areas even for decades.

Auditors: 25 Million Gallons of Water Missing

Story Updated: Feb 17, 2012

25 million gallons of water was missing from the small West Tennessee town of Sharon, after auditors found almost half of their water unaccounted for. Faye Kendall said she attended almost every city/county meeting and noticed the amount of water loss reported every month continued to increase. "Well, you just wonder what could be happening to it," said Kendall. City officials said they received a letter from the state that said an audit showed a water loss of 47 percent. Of the 54 million gallons of water pumped in 2011, only 25 million were accounted for. "A checklist was provided and the checklist is being reviewed as we speak," said city recorder, Donna Stricklin.

www.wbbjtv.com...

While I know that at least for some of these cases it is believed there are leaks, it is very strange that it has and is happening in many cities and areas around the U.S.

It really has me perplexed that this has been happening and is still occurring right now.

While I know some will blame this on "global warming", or "drilling for oil and other natural resources" among some other possible culprits, imo there is no way these could be the culprits. First, many of the areas include towns and cities where water is disappearing at a very appalling rate, yet there is no drilling "in search for oil or other natural resources" close to the reservoirs of water of many of these areas. Second, this has been happening in many places for even 40 years, if not longer, which rules out "global warming".

So what exactly is causing this? The only way this could be happening in so many areas that it hasn't been detected is if the cause for the disappearing water is underground. This is going to be the "conspiracy theory" part. Could it be possible that this water is being taken on purpose by x government agency? Perhaps as another reason for x government agency to implement "restrictions" on water usage around countries like the U.S.? Or even as another excuse to be used for the "need for a One World Government"?

Throughout the years as an ATS member I have heard other members mention reports of strange noises as if there is underground drilling being done for unknown reasons that have nothing to do with "exploration for oil or other natural resources", since a lot of these reports seem to center around cities.

I would like to know if members from other countries have also heard mention of something similar happening in their countries because then "the conspiracy" would be global. If there is really a conspiracy and not just...coincidences.

What say you members of ATS?

edit on 13-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This is a very troubling yet interesting event. I wonder if there is a mapping of all the missing water areas? Could it be from an aquifer that is going dry?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That would be unlikely, unless all the aquifers in all those areas are somehow running dry.

Below is a map of the principal aquifers in the U.S.

www.classzone.com...

edit on 13-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct post.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Somebody needs to ask nestle' to turn their pockets inside out.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Very interesting, thanks for the linkage.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here are some maps, and a link to all the groundwater networks in the U.S.

Below is the map for the "Active Groundwater Level Network" in the U.S. from the USGS website.

Below is the map for the "Below Normal Groundwater Levels" in the U.S. also from the USGS website.

groundwaterwatch.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I bet it is not on earth. ---WHAT??? Total nutter sentence right?

Municipal water works not maintaining their pipes.
Global warming evaporation
China drilled a hole to each city and tapped in

None are very likely except for my first sentence.
Which leads me to, they thought they had more than they actually had. Poor metering.
edit on 13-8-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
Somebody needs to ask nestle' to turn their pockets inside out.

Humm, you do have a point there since some very powerful corporations seem to want to "privitize water".

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

lol, naa I don't think China is to be be blamed. As for "global warming" as I have already mentioned there are areas that have been losing water for 40 years or even longer, so it can't be global warming either. Also, if you look at the map I posted from the USGS website groundwater levels are also at a below average over many areas. Of course as time goes by and we use more water it would account for some of the missing water. But then that would mean that the water tables haven't been refilled by precipitation. After all, warming world means an atmosphere with more water vapor, and it also should mean more precipitation in at least some of these areas refilling the groundwater, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You can't dig all these mines in the ground and frack and suck billions of barrels of oil out of the ground and expect the planet to maintain its integrity.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What about fracking...could that have caused some sinkholes and the water is draining into the earth?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How do you just lose water? I mean, I understand tax money and public funds disappearing but water? Highly unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Huh ... I always wondered how DUMBs got water and such.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
You can't dig all these mines in the ground and frack and suck billions of barrels of oil out of the ground and expect the planet to maintain its integrity.

Except that you need pressure to be able to extract oil, and this is done by pumping water mixed with mud, or a mixture with other substances into the well where you want to excavate to extract oil. For the most part there are no empty spaces due to oil extraction. Not to mention that you are talking about extracting oil from porous rock. The rock stays behind so there are no huge caves, or void left over after oil, or gas is extracted. The porosity of most of the rock that is drilled and where oil is extracted is about 13%, which is about the porosity of concrete. With time the porous rock is refilled naturally with water, oil, or gas.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Really thirsty greys?

edit on 13-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Look no further than nestle or any of the other companies stealing communities water and than selling it back to the people. They have been getting away with it for at least 10 years now. I watched the documentary Tapped awhile back and it sounded like there was no voice for people to stop them from doing this exact thing.

It would not surpise me if "the water is missing" is nothing more than the result of some shady deal the local municipalities made with those who believe water should not be a human right i.e. the criminals over at nestle!

www.alternet.org...

At the forefront of these abuses is the fact that all across North America, Nestlé, the world's largest food and beverage corporation, is staking claim to community water resources.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Illegal taps, leaks and poor metering equipment will probably explain it.

Are they not comparing what they put into the system versus what is billed and accounted for on the end and noting a difference.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If it's true that there are complexes/cities being built underground, perhaps they're tapping into the water supply in several states.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I don't believe their is any nefarious plots going on...I believe this is due to large leaks or the cities inability to correctly account for water..I highly doubt a tiny town of Mendon has ramped water theft..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I agree with the above statements that America's infrastructure is sadly in disrepair. That amount of water would be entirely too costly to take or store. That leaves leaking pipes or poor meters as the culprit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join