It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct

In no way do I condone execution by a police officer. But all the facts aren't in.

One fact is in, a police officer shot dead an unarmed young man in the street without having any cause to do so. The police officer knew nothing of his suspected involvement in any crime at that time, even if he had been a suspect, there was no excuse for executing him in the street.

How many facts do we need to know before people accept that this was an extreme response by another out of control police officer, ending the life of a young man?

A kid is DEAD. Do people not get that? It's insane that ANY police officer would fire their weapon unless they were 100% certain that either their life, or the life of someone else, was in jeopardy. This is hardly ever the case in the majority of Police shootings in the US.

Look at the comparison in the UK, where two suspects literally had to lunge towards police officers before they opened fire with NON-FATAL shots, disarming the criminals. Why is it so pathetically impossible for American police to do the same? Why is that so many unarmed young men are gunned down in the streets by police with fatal shots to the chest and head?

How the hell is this even remotely acceptable to any civilized society?

Your American cops could learn a hell of a lot from the average armed police officer in the UK - most importantly how to establish a GENUINE THREAT from a FEAR RESPONSE and panic, and then to subdue them with NON-LETHAL aiming.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just curious, were the cops shooting tear gas at people in the streets or in their yards last night?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
youngcons.com...

a tape recorded eye witness vouches for the police story-----the deceased was bumrushing the police officer.

probably high on pcp.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct

In no way do I condone execution by a police officer. But all the facts aren't in.

One fact is in, a police officer shot dead an unarmed young man in the street without having any cause to do so. The police officer knew nothing of his suspected involvement in any crime at that time, even if he had been a suspect, there was no excuse for executing him in the street.

How many facts do we need to know before people accept that this was an extreme response by another out of control police officer, ending the life of a young man?

A kid is DEAD. Do people not get that? It's insane that ANY police officer would fire their weapon unless they were 100% certain that either their life, or the life of someone else, was in jeopardy. This is hardly ever the case in the majority of Police shootings in the US.

Look at the comparison in the UK, where two suspects literally had to lunge towards police officers before they opened fire with NON-FATAL shots, disarming the criminals. Why is it so pathetically impossible for American police to do the same? Why is that so many unarmed young men are gunned down in the streets by police with fatal shots to the chest and head?

How the hell is this even remotely acceptable to any civilized society?

Your American cops could learn a hell of a lot from the average armed police officer in the UK - most importantly how to establish a GENUINE THREAT from a FEAR RESPONSE and panic, and then to subdue them with NON-LETHAL aiming.

youngcons.com...

the police was being charged by the felon

united kingdom could learn a few things from the
american people about defending themselves as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

is your name really pierce morgan?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

With cases like this, there will be many different stories from the various witnesses. None of us posting are truly aware of the facts in this case.

Mr. Brown may have rushed the officer and reached for his gun. If this is the case, the shooting was justified and a bunch of rabble rousers seized the opportunity to incite riots. However for there to be enough civil unrest to cause a riot, there already had to be strong emotions against the police in that community.

Even if the shooting was justified, it does not explain the FUBARed radio communication. This was not reported as a police shooting by the Ferguson PD until the News reported it. This is a major problem!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TwiztidRoman
Just curious, were the cops shooting tear gas at people in the streets or in their yards last night?

In the streets the police didn't pursue the protesters last night

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Totally get what you are saying and agree with much.

One fact is in, a police officer shot dead an unarmed young man in the street without having any cause to do so.

"Without having any cause to do so"... are you not making an assumption there? It may very well be the case, and witnesses seem to indicate this is true, however we do not, as yet, have all the pieces together.

I will ignore the UK and guns thing. First off, the incident rate of burglaries perpetrated while the residents are home is multiple times higher than here in the US. Why? Because burglars in the US want nothing to do with a potentially armed resident. With regards to police...are you saying you don't have a problem facing down an armed felon being unarmed yourself? Yeah, right. I would not ask anyone to do something I am not comfortable with myself. I would no sooner attempt to be a police officer without a weapon than I would want to go for a stroll on mars without an oxygen supply.....

LOL I guess I wont ignore it.

edit on 17-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
just pretend that you are watching the town of ferguson from outer space.

a resident gets shot and there is a groundswell of emotional reaction to his death.

the resident has been associating with senior citizens clubs, boy scouts organizations,
church choirs and is a member of students against drunk driving.

what do you think the tone and flavor and mood of the kinds of people who would be
demonstrating for justice for this resident.

not look at the tone and timbre of the emotional response put into action of the death of
this current resident. it is his associates and friends and colleagues who are turning their emotional distress
into actions that are tearing the city down and burning and looting the city.

that tells me more about the dead kid and what kind of company he was keeping than any words posted by ats desk jockeys.

the response to his death is destructive and criminal which is being carried out by his friends and associates----tells me he was a criminal kid.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Except that this kind of rioting has happened often before. Given history, I would be willing to bet the rioters and looters, most of them, did not know the kid. 5 will getcha 10.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: ikonoklast
I am just glad I am not in charge of the officials response there.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not either, especially after all the things done already that made it much worse.

I wonder who really is in charge? It sure looks like someone is purposely playing on certain personal, police, and political tensions and rivalries and human nature to get some people to act and react in predictable ways that only make things much worse.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Human nature, aye. Purposeful, I doubt it.

I think it is just a matter of damned if you do, and damned if you don't. If you do release info...damned! If you withhold the info...damned!

If you produce a show of force...damned! If you put the kid's gloves on....damned!

People want their property protected, but others want to complain about the police when they do. Granted, showing up with armored personnel carriers and machine guns was probably *cough cough* a bit overboard.

If the information is not what people want to see (and what info would make everyone happy?) there will be complaints, anger, action. If the info is withheld, then that will also produce complaints, anger, action. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of what the facts are. Therefore: damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Some, no doubt, would not be satisfied even with the public hanging of the cop who shot Brown...they would want more. Others would be appalled by that action. Rightly so...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Maybe it's just human nature, but it sure looks like Captain Johnson and the townspeople were set up when you look at the last few days.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
www.redflagnews.com...

autopsy says Brown shot in front while charging officer.

backed up by eyewitnesses.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have been warning for months about twitter censoring tweets and if you say anything that is out of line against a fee paying customer then your tweet gets hidden so you are left talking to yourself.

Twitter makes it money from Mafia style protection and all you need to become a member of the family is to pay them for a few adverts and they will then deal with any negative tweets about your products or services.

Google is also doing all it can to promote western government propagnda over isues like the Ukraine and Gaza so nevermid Fergerson and its curfew

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
all you al sharptons and jessie jackons go home.

wow the autopsy comes out and all
the players are suffering from cat got your tongue.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The autopsy and report paints a very, very bad picture for the shooter.

He was shot twice in the head from 'above' (relative to sketch).
He was shot once in the chest from an unknown angle.
He was shot thrice in the inner arms, which suggest they struck him from behind or that he had his palms towards the officer (above head or arms down from front).
edit on 14Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:06:56 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: clarification

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
www.redflagnews.com...

autopsy says Brown shot in front while charging officer.

backed up by eyewitnesses.

No, that is not what the autopsy says and no that has not been backed up by eyewitnesses.

Please stop.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

if it were my son that were shot, I would demand answers. Immediate answers. Failure to provide immediate answers is a sign of being guilty. Then, over reacting violently (by rolling out the militarized police response) is a further sign of guilt.

If you think the response to Browns death has been disproportionate, pray you never have to see me respond to something similar.

ETA: I don't even know anyone in that town, but reading the NYC ME's report has angered me to a degree that is unusual for me. And his quote pretty much sums it up, "He shot too many times".
edit on 8/18/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I just heard the report of a witness (on CNN) from Ferguson who reported that a young lady had been hit in the face with smoke bombs (plural) and tear gas. Wow!

FYI: This was actually said. I just find it a bit humorous, hence the posting.

edit on 18-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join