It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: proob4
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.

Oh, thanks!

Phew, for a second there, I thought it was something fundamentally wrong going on in that picture. But its all just A-OK since it's not a machine gun. *rolls eyes*

I like accuracy. I prefer stating what is. It does make a difference because it says a lot about the intent of the police. Knowing the weapon systems they are employing tells you everything you need to know about what they are willing to do.

Touche. I can't argue with your logic on that. However, one of the first gun safety rules I learned was "NEVER AIM AT ANYTHING YOU DON'T INTEND TO KILL."

Now, that tells me everything I need to know about their intentions.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I thought I misunderstood you post.

link   
Thank you all for the updates. Prayers are for the safety of the peaceful protestors.

Another witness spoke today with local media. Her account supports other witness reports. Reports the investigators have probably still neglected to take because they went on vacation so all the military surplus that has been granted to LEOs could get used and abused.

Where is the autopsy report? Why have they failed taking witness testimony all this time? Where is the release of the shooters name? Authorities are not within their granted privileges to withhold these elements in any investigation.

They have guaranteed themselves a stand off. Are they insane? They (the authorities) want this fight. They want it bad. They shame open and free societies with this reckless tactic and use of military (surplus) might and intimidation.

Defense contractors who manufacture this Homeland offensive gear are salivating.

Witness report:

Another witness to the shooting of Michael Brown, Jr. spoke to News 4 Wednesday.
Tiffany Mitchell, 27, said she did not see what led up to the shooting, but said she arrived right before the fatal shots were fired.
“As I was coming around, I heard the tires squeaking on the truck, and as I get closer, I see them tussling through the window. The kid was pulling off and the cop was pulling in,” Mitchell said.
Mitchell told News 4 she saw a door close on a police car. An officer was inside and Brown, Jr. was on the outside. She said the two were arm wrestling through the car window. Mitchell said she then tried to pull out her phone to record. Shots then rang out.
“It just didn’t look right for them to be arm wrestling,” Mitchell said. “The first gun shot came from the window, so I just started getting out of the way.”
According to Mitchell, Brown, Jr, began to run away after the first shot was fired.
“After the shot, the kid just breaks away. The cop follows him, kept shooting, the kid’s body jerked as if he was hit. After his body jerked he turns around, puts his hands up, and the cop continues to walk up on him and continues to shoot until he goes all the way down,” Mitchell said.

source

Charges need filed against this officer. Yesterday. That is the right response to this. Not gross militarization and inciting riots, which authorities are doing.

Thanks again for documenting what is happening everyone.

Peace through justice

link   
a reply to: Fylgje

True.

The looting is out of hand. And, in kind, I would defend myself and others from looters and criminals.

But cops have gotten out of control killing people. Not just black kids. But people in general. Cracking skulls is the name of the game it seems. It's time to stand up to their out of control power and tactics. It's time to demand an accountable police force.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What a great post by Quervo.

I really hope that since now you all have mentioned it, the idea will spread and get to the right people, maybe they'll show up.

This looks like a pivotal time on our history.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

The dashboard video would not necessarily have been released yet, if they reviewed it and determined the officer justified, being aware that the truth would set off riots, they would have taken a little time to prepare before releasing it. On the other side of that coin if the dashcam video does show the officer at fault then it is my opinion that the dashcam video might not be released, which in turn would prove out of control police state.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Reportedly, gun sales are up up up in the area. We can all guess who's probably buying them too.

I dont like guessing, who do you thinks buying them up?

link   

edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
I aint even responding to this # anymore
edit on 8/13/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you so much for these pictures SkepticOverlord. Now maybe people will see that there is a difference between the protesters and the rioters and looters. They are not all the same. The looters and rioters are selfish and doing harm. The protesters are trying to stand up for what they believe is right. To stand up to the heavy handed tactics by the police. Too many people were lumping them together and calling them all animals.

edit on 13-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Those police are kind of stupid for being all bunched up like that.. I mean, a well thrown grenade could take them all out practically.. Maybe someone's higher up have something planned to further the goals of totalitarian officialdom.

Every time these things happen, those who want America to be less free have struck hard, like Boston, and Connecticut, and Colorado..

Tyranny can get pretty tyrannical sometimes! What's happening here is not very neighborly that's for sure..

This is a box of old unstable nitro just waiting to go off..And it won't be good for anyone, not even those who are pressing for it in government.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: ausername

Standing with my brothers. At least until they open fire then I would be running screaming like a girl or lying in a pool of my own blood and piss.

This is why I wish my more lefty leaning friends would respect firearms more and start buying them and learning how to use them.

One day it might be up to you to defend. As a member of the military and a combat veteran I can assure you that picket signs are no match for a match grade .308 out of a SASS M110 sniper rifle.

Get a gun. Get trained. Stay informed. I don't care what you believe in. If the government and the jackbooted cops are going to start killing you for it, you should at least guarantee yourself a fighting chance.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

That's one of the best ideas I've heard so far. The only problem is people have been brainwashed on both sides to fear each other. How many black or white people have we all been friends with, worked with, dated, married, etc. and you don't see the color of them? You don't see it because you were exposed to it and you were raised not to be scared of others or hate others for differences that didn't make a damn. Now how often is black on white and white on black crime discussed in the daily news? How many older people are terrified of one or the other? How many people have never had the opportunity to interact with another race are fearful of them??

That's done on purpose. The fear is bred deep into a ton of folks. We fear them, they fear us, nobody stands together.

No doubt you have many that would stand up for these people, but they are scared to show up. That is done on purpose and I can't wait for a day when we get over that bullshiite and move on. It's happening. But it's not happening damn near fast enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For the sake of being accurate, the Mo militia member that made the previous statement I linked to said this on his FB page.

Redflagnews.com and Americasfreedomfighters.com took what I said completely out of context. The purpose of the Missouri Citizens Militia is to protect the people of Missouri and the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. They took my words as if we were going to be colliding with the Police head on. If your looting and breaking into and destroying other people's property, doing drive by shootings, etc, you become a threat in our eyes. Destroying the place you live and other people's well being is not the way of a peaceful protest or a peaceful assembly under the first amendment of the Constitution. I would like to make a personal apology to every active MCM Member. You have to be the change you want to see in the world. The destruction of your communities is not change that we welcome.

Link

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

The militia types only show up when it involves a non-black person. Unarmed black man gunned down by cops - eh, not their problem. They're "animals."

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Apparently, the militia in Mo has been paying attention.

Link

With Ferguson, Missouri practically under martial law, the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the ‘tyrannical police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch.

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the constitution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.

Oh snap! the #z be gettin real now!
The shot heard round the world: part2

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Have you seen the pics dude? It is an out of control militarised police state

That dash cam vid has been gone over a thousand times I bet trying to prove the shooters innocents it would after all justify his shooting

But then again the boy was running away with his in the air when he was shot in the words of the eye witness so nothing will justify that

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Nobody is there defending the destruction and looting of property. Police are now actively targeting peaceful protestors and forcing them to disperse. They are pointing firearms at citizens peacefully assembling I can only assume in an attempt at intimidation. And we should all be able to agree that those actions cannot and will not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any UN Troops there disguised as American Police.
They just need to point their guns and keep their mouths shut, nobody would know.
It would be easier for Battle Hardened Foreign Troops to cut down Americans, no guilt or sorrow to deal with.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

These photos are stunning ... truly stunning. We need to keep in mind as this unfolds, this is happening in an American city. My thoughts run to Kent State, to the race riots of the sixties and seventies, to Waco in '93. Perhaps it's an alarmist's sentiment, however, the law enforcement units deployed here look more like a mike force than a crowd control response.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join