It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: WhiteAlice

There were planned protest today in 90 cities.

Actually, they were peaceful vigils that were planned with protests being planned often in the same place at the same time of a different tone. Most of the vigils seem to be fine but NYC needs to live on the edge..of kettles...apparently.

I put up a few links showing pictures from some of the other cities. Might be a few pages back. #nmos14 on twitter for those.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not saying this is a bad thing but, all I'm seeing on the Ferguson feed is people lining a street and cars going by showing everyone that their horns work. No police presence in my view via Fox2.

I hate horns. But, compared to what I seen last night - this is preferable.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

After days of unrest in Ferguson, Mo. after the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old unarmed man, Michael Brown, organizers are planning vigils in more than 90 cities around the country to commemorate victims of police brutality.

The events were organized on Twitter by a loose network of Twitter users and social media activists under the hashtag #NMOS14, which stands for National Moment of Silence.

igils Planned Nationwide Over Ferguson Shooting

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

because their purpose - the ones trying to instigate violence - is different from the purpose of the protestors. They want something else entirely... they want full scale mass conflict between police and the people... usually for a reason, they are hoping to instigate something that blows country wide, and ends up with a change of government for Americans...

that is their only purpose, and they do try toward that one end. Which is different from the purpose of a protestor, who wants to change a certain policy (or policies) they don't feel is just... and not the entire system as we know it.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

do you have live stream for ferguson again? I closed the tab and now cannot find the link...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

do you have live stream for ferguson again? I closed the tab and now cannot find the link...

It turned off and I closed it, too. The one I had was lagging something fierce.

Have to say that was interesting to see how the NYPD handled an impromptu march down the street. Way tamer than OWS days but considering the context this time around, not that surprising. Their single release might actually prevent a rebuild up because it's so slow. A lot more peaceful of a way to handle such a thing than last time.

originally posted by: TDawg61
Are they using some mind of image recognition technique?How and why can they pick out ows from others?

Probably their eyes. Jason Woody was very active and outspoken during OWS. Even got his face on NPR so they'd probably recognize him as being "that" guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have a little bit of better news relevant to police from here in NW Louisiana. In the town of Minden here, (near Barksdale Air Force Base)...there was a man hunt going on for an 18 year old boy that got stopped for a traffic violation and it was found he was in a stolen car from out of state. His passenger was apprehended but he fled into the nearby woods. The hunt went on for a few days but ended today without incident. The State Police handled it in a very decent way. They were very forthcoming to the media and the officer seemed genuinely happy that the boy was arrested without incident and even mentioned how glad he was the boy was ok and that the Police could all go home safe and that it was over. The officer in charge was very decent about the whole thing...likeable and he had gentle, kind eyes. The suspect was not hurt or mistreated in any way and was brought to the local jail. Being so young and foolish, I hope he will learn from his dire mistake and turn his life around. The officer seemed to be expressing these views also. I am glad it ended well for all concerned. It doesn't always have to be tragic, thank heavens.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks...

and yeah, they could also have learned a thing or two from OWS... they did okay. I was a bit worried when they were saying there was some violence and then the cops started threatening everyone with arrest.

Happy its going okay...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The police should just show themselves for what they are and open fire on the crowd. Time to stop hiding behind that very thin veil of "protect and serve" and show their cards so the people who still chant the "they're just doing their jobs" slogan can see what most of us here know.

So tired of the little games. Lets get to the big one already! C'mon Nazi's you didn't get all that hardware just to look scary, you collected it for the culling and im getting impatient.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

I want to hear your tone when you need the police one day. Ignorant. You should be banned from ever calling 911.

link   
Portland, OR vigil has gone to march as well and I think they might be marching in circles before the police station: www.ustream.tv...

Not sure but it's kind of a humorous switch from NYC. Yep, they're going in circles.

**according to the Portland twitter, some tried to be "inflammatory" but they were run off.
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added **

link   

originally posted by: LibertasIntel
Marine Decries Militarized Police In Ferguson, MO

Re post form another thread

look at 1:25ish
edit on 14-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

*facepalm*

Angry, man?

Now we are rooting for slaughter and mayhem?

Nice.....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

See, that is what is weird to me. I live in this country, have friends and family and neighbors. And I want to see changes in this country - for our better.

What I don't want, is another civil war... I'm not wanting that at all... I want to know that we have tried every single peaceful and right option there is for those changes we want to see.. before i see the people I love and care about, anyone really, dying in the streets.

I don't understand the mentality that does.

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB Hi, and so true, that. You articulated very well what I think I was trying to figure out and/or convey. It is a shame when this happens. So many agendas anymore by so many factions it gets hard to keep up. Thanx for your reply. Take care and have a great night. I hope all the demonstrations go without incident tonight...the NYC one threw me a little. I hope it doesn't get too extra dicey there.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Nyiah

all of america is looking for a reason, not just nyc everybody s upset not even necessarily pertaining to ferguson we all are pissed waiting for a reason

That is just it.
There is a pressure cooker that could explode with every one of these
protests and it has been building for years in the general population.
It only takes a small group to start something that a cop can't stop.
It is a scary thing because some people want this to happen.
They can't wait for the violence.
People on all sides. Bad cops, gang members, urban rebels, the KKK...
They all want this to blow up.

Many of them sit in chairs in front of TVs or computers far away from the place where it is happening,
just waiting to see something terrible. They won't participate, just watch and gloat.

It makes me sick.

The spotlight is now on police brutality.
My hope is that the people have been heard, and changes are made.
I believe it can be done through peace, and protest.

I think the spotlight is now properly placed.

My worry is that it is too late.
But I don't believe it is.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: Typonese!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
The police should just show themselves for what they are and open fire on the crowd. Time to stop hiding behind that very thin veil of "protect and serve" and show their cards so the people who still chant the "they're just doing their jobs" slogan can see what most of us here know.

So tired of the little games. Lets get to the big one already! C'mon Nazi's you didn't get all that hardware just to look scary, you collected it for the culling and im getting impatient.

It's crap like this ^^^ that gets all protesters a wide-brush bad reputation. There's protesting something meaningful, and then there's straight-up chaos instigators. Guess which one your post is?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The same bad asses that just drove on by in their cars while they looted the Quickie Mart and busted the glass out of the Wal Mart. Once the non violent people show up they break out tanks and sniper rifles. Keep it classy fellas.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some people cannot seem to separate the protesters from the looters and criminals. They just lump them all together in a single category. So some are saying that the protesters are in the wrong because of all the violent actions and looting, which is absurd. Yes the people who did that were wrong, but just because it occurred in the same area as the peaceful protests does not mean that these protesters participated. In fact, why would people willing to do incredibly illegal things even bother with peaceful protesting? Shouldn't they be out looting and breaking the law? Or shooting at cops or something? That argument is just as fair as the argument some people are using to justify the actions of the police.

The shutting down of certain hashtags or facebook accounts is highly suspect in my opinion. Why would either of these companies just up and do that without any prompting from the authorities? It just goes to show that social media is not going to help people organize massive movements against the government, because these social media networks can be controlled by the authorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join