It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The cops are arriving now with sirens.new.livestream.com...
edit on 14-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

strange video not working for me anymore keep getting error.
anyone else getting this error?

this one's still working
fox2now.com...

links working again.

Someone passed out in the crowd from what im hearing something thrown at police vehicles

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4 Hi proob4, Now you're talking...Megadeth, you betcha! I'm a head banger from way back and have always loved heavy metal and old timey rock as well. I just hope folks here will actually listen to the intro and not be turned off by the fact that it is a metal band as the intro is OUTSTANDING!!! I am so glad you posted that...those words gave me the chills but they ring true in many ways. The urine sample thingy made me chuckle a little though. I just hope Martial Law never does come to pass...it would be a really bad situation and a fubar dealy and in the long run, I feel like it would only cause more problems then it solves. It would actually be serious beyond measure.

BTW, I love your avatar....you sure do look busy there, typing away so fast....must be better then dieting tho as you're looking a little lean there, LOL.
Have a good one and stay cool and remain sharp.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Well I was the only white kid in a housing project in New Orleans. I had to fight my way onto the football team, and even though I was the second fastest kid on the field, the coach made me play center. Our lives are just as unique as our fingerprints.

If you'd like to start a thread about justifiable racism or whether or not there is such a thing, I'd be happy to discuss it further. But for now can we get back to the topic please?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
Agreed, but do we know for a FACT that is what happened?

The police and witnesses all agree mostly on what happened:
Two teens were walking in the street.
A cop yelled at them to get out of the street.
They said something back to him.
*The cop approached them in his vehicle.
**Some sort of confrontation occurred with the cop inside the vehicle and the teen who died outside of the vehicle.
A shot was fired from inside the vehicle.
The teen who died ran away from the vehicle.
***The teen was shot multiple times a distance away from the vehicle and died
The deceased laid in the street for some time before his body was taken away by a black vehicle.

*The friend of the deceased said that the vehicle nearly hit them and flung the door open, striking the teens which caused the door to rebound back into the cop in the vehicle.
**One witness described it as wrestling. The friend claims the cop yanked the deceased against the door of his front driver side window. The cops claim the deceased tried to grab the cop's gun.
***Witnesses claim the deceased was shot once while running, then turned and with his hands up in the air, where he was shot multiple times from the front by the approaching officer from a distance.
edit on 19Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:55:37 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen
Looks like they were just passing through.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Don't worry. There will be some serious changes after this. At least in this state and area, there will be. That isn't a guess. That is a statement of fact. Some politicians may forget. People here will not forget. The Governor took major, meaningful and important measures. I really dislike Nixon too. Deeply. However, the man hit a home run this time. Even if by sheer odds of getting one right occasionally?

What was a war zone last night with tension to choke on...is a party atmosphere tonight. What they did worked...unless some idiot screws it up tonight.

link   
Video shows slain teen's body left unattended

Has this been addressed? Body went uncovered for 10 minutes. We treat deer better than this. This does upset me and is a fact.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Even if he did, after the first shot and the kid turns and runs, what justification does he know have to shoot?
How is he still in fear for his life when someone is fleeing from him?

Maybe there were multiple guns in the vehicle and the cop thought he made off with one of them. I doubt that's the case, but plausible I suppose.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
a reply to: kicked

Agreed. I understand oh to well that protests unfortunately does attract people who simply want to use it as their platform to be violent etc etc

Agreed.

Here's a perfect example of this actually. Several days ago, someone on Twitter came up with the idea of a National Moment of Silence on the 14th to have a silent peaceful protest about police brutality and the victims of it.

The #nmos14 started on Twitter...

Then this happened. The times and places listed on the "Day of Rage" are the same as that peaceful vigil protest. Yep, that's co-opting or basically trying to turn what is intending to be a peaceful vigil into well, maybe a riot?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, your response to the idiots is what people who are truly for the cause would expect to happen. Obviously the police action can't be as calculated as it needs to be. The reality is, in a situation with a group of people who are emotionally charged, things like this are bound to happen. Despite how unwanted that outcome may be.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Wow, what the hell is wrong with people, that is absurd.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

None and that is a problem. Plus, I don't think a cop should be emptying chambers on people... I think they need to work on aim, rather than a total kill scenario. Because to me, the point of the weapon is to stop the danger... that can be done with only one bullet, and usually does not need to be a kill shot.

This is part of the problem I see with a more militarized police force. They need to go back to being just cops again, it's not a war zone. We are Americans.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
Does anyone else find it hard to believe that Mike Brown just decided, after being told to get off the road, that he would become a cop killer? With that officer's own weapon? They're expecting us to believe that while the cop was sitting in his car, (?with the door closed because he had just pulled up?) Mike Brown tried to reach INTO the car and take the weapon from the officers hip? That's pretty far fetched.

In the quiet, maybe I can find it a stretch with you.

In a real scenario with the 'pedestrian' obviously off-balance,
and in a reach-thru maneuver-- the first impulse I would have
would be to grab any part of the arm and rotate away from the
hand.
I've seen what a well directed elbow can do to a rib, and it ain't
pretty. Momentum is everything, no shots fired. But boy would
the thug be sore until next Wednesday. Makes no sense to me either.
I could have at best bet a busted rib AND a dislocated shoulder.
edit on 14-8-2014 by derfreebie because: And the next service weapon protection tactic IS...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked
Yeah, mind you this was an early tea party protest, before it was stolen by right wingers, and we were not protesting the death of a community member by a cop, totally different scenario. Not as emotionally charged for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

your the only person believing there is such a thing as "justifiable racism" to me, that would be ignorance, because you are judging someone by the color of their skin. You cannot group all people into one category. Good and bad everywhere.

I'm sure if you wanted to make a thread and justify that thought process though, we would all show up to debate your points.

As far as being off topic, I simply answered your already existing post.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Wow, what the hell is wrong with people, that is absurd.

I have no idea. Been trying to figure out that one for a while but no luck yet. I'll keep trying to figure it out and when I do, I'll get back to you. I find it pretty disturbing because a family isn't likely to participate in a "Day of Rage" but they might show up at a peaceful moment of silence vigil.

Maybe it just falls under that saying that some people just want to watch the world burn.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Stream from NYC. Guy just said that it went from candles in the square to something more combustible. They're marching in the streets.

new.livestream.com...
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

People in NYC just love protesting I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

In new york or in ferguson? Ferguson looks fine... peaceful.

Are people trying to instigate something or something?

Oh #... they are... they are trying to get the cops to react and use force in New York... Oh crap.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

People in NYC just love protesting I think.

The guy running the stream very clearly said that it was actually very peaceful, candlelit vigil, really great and then a flood of people came in and basically took over. The peaceful moment of silence was pretty much co-opted.

And yes, people in NYC are really happy protesting. "Hundreds" of police are showing up to form a blockade with batons out.
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join