It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: kicked

I find it much harder to believe that the cop grabbed him by the throat, tried to to pull him into the cruiser, then shot him in front of his friend for not getting out of the street.

I find that part of the story to be unbelievable. The victim was 6`4" I`m not sure that a person seated in a vehicle would be able to even reach that high,and grasp the persons neck securely enough to pull them towards the vehicle.
Most likely what would happen would be that as you pulled on the standing person you would lift yourself up off the seat rather than pull the person down or towards you.

link   
So the police force we seen last night is now being taken over by the Missouri Highway Patrol? My first reaction is, "how odd"...second, "I'm glad what I seen last night will, at least, be somewhat different tonight."

Just seems an odd choice...no disrespect to the Highway Patrol...but, the highway patrol?

Anyone else befuddled? Or do I just not get it?

Source - warning that a video will start upon clicking that link.

FERGUSON, Mo. — Gov. Jay Nixon announced Thursday that the Missouri Highway Patrol will take control of security in Ferguson and that the unit in the embattled town would be overseen by Capt. Ron Johnson, who was born and raised near the community.

ETA: Actually, nevermind...the photo in the news article linked above pretty sums it up for me:

Yeah...bring in the cops that the locals don't know.
edit on 14-8-2014 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Actually, I just thought of something..... Unless the cop is a lefty, the gun would be on the right hip, near the center console. Kinda hard to believe the kid could have gotten anywhere near the gun given that revelation. Unless of course the cop already had it unholstered and pointed at the kid at the time....... Hmmmmmm

edit on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 18:58:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Trust your gut. Also a key detail is that it took officer Willman 4 hours to radio in the shooting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What do you mean from where?

When the riots began, Ferguson called all the other departments nearby for help because they couldn't deal with the riots alone, not and stop them... they are from different districts in missouri that are close to ferguson.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

this was going around twitter yesterday, not sure if it is correct

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Well, if he was sitting and facing out, rather than forward... his gun would still have been near the steering wheel. Still a strange place to lunge for a gun... your right.

I wouldn't do it... not thinking I might disarm the cop... steering wheel make it too difficult.

Might have been the cop grabbing him, kid falls forward and puts hand out to stop himself, cop thinks kid is lunging for the gun... cops are so weird that way.... might have been a different explanation altogether.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In some pics of the scene you can see a can of mace on the ground. All reports said that he was fighting over a weapon. If it was a gun he was grabbing they would have said gun and not weapon. Either way if he grabbed a weapon of any kind then the shooting will be justified in the courts.

I can not imagine how it would be possible for the cop to report the shooting after four hours when others arrived on the scene long before four hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito
Thank you I have not seen alot of this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
a reply to: Tardacus
Trust your gut. Also a key detail is that it took officer Willman 4 hours to radio in the shooting.

And no call for EMT's. I can't help but wonder, if the cop stood there waiting for Michael Brown to bleed out before notifying anyone of the incident. It's a chilling thought.

Des

edit on 14-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Less might but more sight being deployed at supporting demonstrations tonight. No dash cams in Ferguson but lookey...they are....watching.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Can you link to the official police story saying weapon and not gun?... for some reason I was thinking they were saying gun also...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
sorry... dble post.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Further info on this DISINFORMATION ALERT regarding Democracy Now.....

Democracy Now! receives indirect funding from George Soros, and direct funding from the Ford Foundation, the Glaser Foundation, Soros' Open Society Institute, the Public Welfare Foundation, the Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, the Tides Foundation, and other left-leaning foundations.

Source

Good ole Soros Foundations

RT and Soros sponsored disinfo following the same agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I was meaning news reports said weapon. I don't think we will get much official info from the police at this time. Also if they said weapon then many will turn that into a gun because that is what our brains think of first.
edit on 14-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExquisitExamplE
a reply to: Bone75

Right, but then again you've admitted in this very thread that you're racist against black people (Are Asians and Jews okay, or is this a neo-nazi white power sort of thing?), so I think it's safe to say that your opinion is going to be very biased and morally compromised.

If you're white and don't think the majority of poor black people in this country would jump at the chance to string you up from a tree, then I challenge you to put on a hardhat and safety vest and take a stroll through the hood one day.

Make sure you're on your best behavior and wearing your biggest smile for maximum effect.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

These horses are extremely specially & are desensitized to
every situation...which includes not just crowds, but trash bags
(meaning simple close stuff), clanging on metal, & explosions.

I do NOT work with horses this is info from close friends &
a personal Mounty friend in Canada.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
An army in Ferguson tonight

Tweeted by journalist Eli Yokley.
This appears more a mercenary force than a police force. Any police willing to use machine guns on their populace is no police force.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I guess we can determine the validity of the officers account if we look towards what the departments protocol for dealing with a police shooting. I would be willing to bet that the first thing they have to do is radio it in.
edit on 14-8-2014 by kicked because: replied to different poster

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
If you're white and don't think the majority of poor black people in this country would jump at the chance to string you up from a tree, then I challenge you to put on a hardhat and safety vest and take a stroll through the hood one day.

Make sure you're on your best behavior and wearing your biggest smile for maximum effect.

Question:
Do you think most murder is committed by one race against another?

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join