It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: proob4
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.

Oh, thanks!

Phew, for a second there, I thought it was something fundamentally wrong going on in that picture. But its all just A-OK since it's not a machine gun. *rolls eyes*

I like accuracy. I prefer stating what is. It does make a difference because it says a lot about the intent of the police. Knowing the weapon systems they are employing tells you everything you need to know about what they are willing to do.
edit on pWed, 13 Aug 2014 19:36:23 -0500201413America/Chicago2014-08-13T19:36:23-05:0031vx8 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So anyway, where's Al Sharpton?

Didn't he stick around for this or did he just give his speech yesterday and run for the hills? He should be on the front lines here.

+29 more 
link   
Apparently, the militia in Mo has been paying attention.

Link

With Ferguson, Missouri practically under martial law, the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the ‘tyrannical police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch.

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the constitution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.

link   
according to the local news KPLR the police action tonight is mostly in response to what happened last night. Last night the protest was peaceful up to about 12 midnight. At approximately 12 midnight some people started yelling and throwing things at police. There was also a police shooting of a man that had pointed a gun at the police. The police want the people off of the streets by dark because they don't want a repeat of last night. Also, a woman was grazed by a bullet while being in a car last night. The problem is that the later it gets the more likely some people get violent. This looks like an overreaction by the police but we now have people coming from out of town with an agenda. Not all of those people have peaceful protest as their main goal.

edit on 13-8-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

link   

So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.
It's still disgusting. And I also find what you say disgusting as well. You would shoot unarmed people?

Or learn how to read between the lines.

link   
I wonder if the pro 2nd crowd would show to support these people?

Isn't that always the argument? Your 2nd amendment rights protect our 1st amendment rights.

I think it would be safe to say if the militia types don't show its very telling.

link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You should get a wayabove for that post!

If we don't stand together against tyranny and oppression, we wont stand!
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

If the dash cam showed him to be innocent it would have already been released

link   
a reply to: beezzer

Either in uniform in the pics coming out of Ferguson.... Or posting on here, maybe.

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I see all of these photos of the armed police at the protests, but I'm curious as to how the rest of the city looks. I've heard that rioting and looting are rampant and uncontrollable with many business, unaffiliated with the shooting, getting looted for everything they have. Arsons have already burned down this building; this used to be a gas station. Source

I believe militarization of the police is a terrible thing, but I'm wondering if they, the police, have a good reason for using it. Please note that I am not an advocate for a police state, I am far from it.

How many deaths have occurred during the riots and looting in total. For example, if gang on gang/gang on civilian violence has increased 300%, then I can maybe understand the need for the weapons and vehicles provided from the photos in your post. If not, then I absolutely see no need for mobilizing a police force with the weapons they are outfitted with for this type of event.

I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy here, I just like to look at both sides of an issue before making and providing my adamant opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What if the cop was justified? Even if he wasn't, they have no right to destroy innocent peoples business' and loot stores. The behavior of the looters is why the swat is there. When society breaks down into a lawless mob, this is what happens. Stop looting and committing arson and have peaceful protests and the swat would've never cracked down like this. I'm surprised that innocent white people haven't started getting attacked yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire

Since when have you known me to want to fire on civilians?

If cops murder people and want to show up with their toys to continue intimidating the public, I'd think it reasonable to show up with my toys.

If all of this was happening in your neighborhood, what would you be doing now?
edit on 13-8-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: HauntWok
Wow, this is really getting out if hand isn't it?

Do you think this will go down as one of those pivotal moments in US history?

Is this when people finally say enough?

Nope, because right now it only really affects Black America. White America hasn't really had to feel anything like this. Do not confuse "White America" as a whole with individual white Americans that are already sensitive to what it is coming.

Al? Is that you?

Well God damn, Al Sharpton is on ATS!!!!! /end sarcasm

Get real! Unless you are a "race pimp" there is NO DIFFERENCE that distinguishes an American because of the color of their skin!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I'd be on my roof top with my modified 91/30 and an open spam can of ammo making sure the cops stay peaceful.

link   
Also, the ST. Louis County prosecuting attorney has said that the investigation may take weeks. After the investigation the information is suppose to go to a grand jury to determine path of action in the initial shooting case.

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Apparently, the militia in Mo has been paying attention.

Link

With Ferguson, Missouri practically under martial law, the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the ‘tyrannical police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch.

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the constitution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.

Now if this is true and I hope it is will truly unite the people

Come on America wake up ffs before it's too late

link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Take a look at Sheepslayers post... MO militia has entered Ferguson..

Buckle up boys and girls, this has the possibility of getting way more out of control.

link   
I do feel like there is more to all of this already. This kind if intimidation is meant to instill fear, not just in the Ferguson area but nation wide. I never thought I would live to see the day when you have to fear the "police" more than the criminals. The looting situation was problematic to be sure but when peaceful protests and demonstrations are met with this kind of force, it can only mean one thing...we, as a so called "free society" are screwed. I am concerned more and more relevant to apparent "overkill" in these kinds of situations. Tanks, microwave technology, snipers...is this Gaza or Iraq all of a sudden or what? Are these militarized police actually folks that have returned from the so called "wars on terror" and joined up to treat the American citizenry as the "Enemy" now too? Are they being given those "go pills" that soldiers were given overseas when fighting...to make them more hyped up and aggressive. Folks hardly ever mention the go pills anymore...maybe they don't remember about it.

Are those guys on steroids or something? The military has been donating lots of vehicles to the police. Those police...do they not realize that any used stuff coming back from the war field...even if power washed and painted over, still is contaminated with depleted uranium and that doesn't wash off. How dumb.

There is a situation right now here in NW Louisiana in Minden where there is a very heavy police presence relevant to looking for a car thief that escaped into the woods. He is un armed they say. I hope it doesn't end badly. No tanks or such yet...just helicopters, dogs and folks from several agencies searching.

I just read of a shooting of another un armed man and will try and find the article...I wanna say it occurred in California but can't recall off hand. Is this one gonna go the way of Ferguson? There has always been crime but the response teams are so different now.

I guess when Kent State happened so long ago, we all should have figured this country would eventually turn into what it has...the cop walking the street days are over...ask him for directions, "He'll tell you he isn't the efing yellow pages"...that actually has occurred. It is ever changing and getting worse all the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Standing with my brothers. At least until they open fire then I would be running screaming like a girl or lying in a pool of my own blood and piss.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
Why would anyone show and support lawlessness???? If everything remained peaceful, then yes. I think pro gun people would support them too. But I'd be willing to bet that the town wouldn't want them rednecks there. It's the truth. I've lived in places like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join