It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That is odd.

Nothing in my FB feed about Ferguson either.

YT has a few personal uploads but no new news on the situation there.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
First of all, jaywalking is illegal. I learned that common sense law as a kid. My parents taught it to me, along with the rules of traffic so that when they weren't with me I would be safe when dealing with traffic. Secondly, if I was in the middle of road and a cop told me to get on the sidewalk, I would have immediately done so and not given some smart ass answer.

Accepting the jaywalking law with such passion is where you are owned by the state.
Here in the UK we make the personal decision about when it may be safe or not to cross the road, aside from motorways which are 70mph roads with barriers keeping pedestrians out.
If a local cop told me to move his statement would be expected to include a reason why.
I feel sorry for you guys with such a strong perception of tyranny.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
pbs.twimg.com...

That was posted at 3:24pm today

edit on 14-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Yup.. That looks like a ground view of the same march they were just showing from what had to have been a helicopter.

Unless police helicopters have suddenly started sharing film in real time, then I guess booting the locals meant lifting the ridiculous "no fly / no see" restrictions as well?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wolf Blitzer asks if they're going to impose a curfew. Can they legally do that?

I'm a fully grown man, and i'll do what i like within my rights. Perhaps they can impose one on people under 18, but if the protesters are thinking clearly there won't be any kids out there tonight. If i had kids, they wouldn't be outside based on what happened last night. But we as citizens in a what is still called a democracy have a duty to uphold that ideology through these protests.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Are any other members seeing oddness in the #Ferguson hashtag on Twitter again? My two different twitter client apps give an "error" message when I try to refresh #Ferguson, other unrelated hashtags/feeds are fine.

I wasn't having any problems last night with the hashtag but I also don't tweet and am just a bird watcher. I don't know if that makes a difference. I did see a few mentions of reports of finally being able to tweet again from a few using the hashtag. I am getting tweets and rapid fire. Just loaded it up to check and have 120 new #ferguson tweets in the time that I wrote this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal had a tweet or two for Gov. Jay Nixon today...

Red marks are my ATS T&C edits. Never said I was an artist.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Does the intro on this MEGADETH video ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
From Vine, big march in Ferguson right now…

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

That is odd.

Nothing in my FB feed about Ferguson either.

YT has a few personal uploads but no new news on the situation there.

Same on the Facebook feed from normal humans. I do have two "groups" that are posting things in regards to Ferguson on my feed on. One is an activist group and the other is ProPublica. That's it. It's pretty strange that there isn't a single soul discussing it as several of my friends are actually very politically interested and would be flipping their lids about what has happened with the reporters. I posted a couple things to a wall of silence yet other things I have posted are fairly active. I checked my "usual politically minded suspect" friends and nada. Not a peep about Ferguson.

It's kind of creepy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looks like they got new police leadership. Linky-poo

Lets all hope that things are handled a bit better with less police violence and more understanding.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Buzzfeed reporter just tweeted this...

Peaceful march with no militarized police in sight.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
From Vine, big march in Ferguson right now…
Good this should blow up bigtime. More and more people should march. This whole blocking a city off it crap!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Looks like Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal is a real class act.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Matt Pearce just tweeted…

Here is your new police leader, MHP Capt. Johnson, who was hugging and shaking hands with protesters as they passed.

Now he's marching WITH the protestors.

edit on 14-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
First of all, jaywalking is illegal. I learned that common sense law as a kid. My parents taught it to me, along with the rules of traffic so that when they weren't with me I would be safe when dealing with traffic. Secondly, if I was in the middle of road and a cop told me to get on the sidewalk, I would have immediately done so and not given some smart ass answer.

Accepting the jaywalking law with such passion is where you are owned by the state.
Here in the UK we make the personal decision about when it may be safe or not to cross the road, aside from motorways which are 70mph roads with barriers keeping pedestrians out.
If a local cop told me to move his statement would be expected to include a reason why.
I feel sorry for you guys with such a strong perception of tyranny.

Well here jaywalking is illegal. It's a good law - especially when children are concerned. As the mother of child who died in an automobile accident on roads that were way under 70 mph your logic of what tyranny and perception is - is a tad off in my book.

What is going on in Iraq is true tyranny. I'll take order over chaos any day.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Watching fox 2 live stream now. State trooper Johnson taking Questions from press.
fox2now.com...=RpMDJ2MzpHHWm-7tBc5qSL6BfybuvCyn

edit on 14-8-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Whoa! That's the Senator that got tear gassed. Article on Politico discussing her colorful tweets:

www.politico.com...

This was kind of classic, not sure if it's on the thread yet but it's the same senator asking if she was going to be gassed again.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
MISINFORMATION ALERT!!

Russia Today just tweeted this image from yesterday, trying to pass it off as events happening right now:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Live feed, currently interviewing the new police leader, MHP Capt. Johnson

fox2now.com...

Some key things he said:
-has said he will allow people to gather in groups tonight
-provide access to media
-Told all police to take off gas mask
- wants to gains the communities trust
edit on 14-8-2014 by lambchop because: more info

new topics