It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The only way this will end with a firm message being sent to the cops that we wont take this sort of crap, is if hoards of people show up to join a peaceful protest. I mean thousands of people.

Otherwise, this is going to get messy and our rights are going to be ripped to shreds once more.
edit on 8/13/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
link   
That's probably exactly what they are doing. BUT there is no curfew for adults in this country. They have a right to be out there day or night. They should not be herded in because it's going to be dark soon. If there is no violence then nobody should be telling these people to get off their streets, and into their homes. That is NOT American. They have every right as the rest of us to walk those streets peacefully all night if they wish to. Herding them into their homes and not allowing them to peacefully assemble and protest is absolutely unacceptable IMO.

link   
Foreign this and foreign policy that....

Guess our domestic policy has been a bit overlooked, yes?

link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

To your question of what if the cop is found innocent, what if they have reviewed the dashboard camera in the officers car and found that Mike Brown did in fact attack the officer as reported by the "police" , and they are about to release the dashcam video that shows the police officers side of the story to be true, would it not be prudent for the police force be prepared for LA style rioting , when it is proved that the so called "witnesses" from the neighborhood to be liars, but on that same note, what if they have reviewed the dashboard camera footage and determined that the officer shooting was not justified and that information is about to be released, that would make it obvious evidence of an out of control police state which could also set off riots , we are one again at the precipice of sensitive information being released to the public that is going to have social ramifications that could seriously affect both sides of this paradigm one side of the fence feeling vindicated and the other side feeling betrayed. This outcome could affect more than just this town. Let's wait and see what happens when the evidence provided by both sides is exposed.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Wow, this is really getting out if hand isn't it?

Do you think this will go down as one of those pivotal moments in US history?

Is this when people finally say enough?

Nope, because right now it only really affects Black America. White America hasn't really had to feel anything like this. Do not confuse "White America" as a whole with individual white Americans that are already sensitive to what it is coming.
edit on 13-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
link   
Does anybody realize how much racial tension would be alleviated if this one time, hillbilly militia folks started pouring out from the woodwork with their rifles and stood by these protesters? To not show up is just cementing their double standards for constitutional rights. Same thing with OWS.

Could you imagine what would happen? It would be the spark of something new. Completely. You have a disenfranchised group of people who are getting their constitutional rights threatened and you have people shouting about how much they will defend our constitution. If they showed up to defend the rights of a group who they feel politically and culturally different from, this nation would change.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Can't wait to shot some civilians?

its possible I misunderstood your post.
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GrimReaper86

I think its cute that they have Marpat on strutting their toys for the cameras and crowds. I seriously doubt they'd be interested in any real combat.

This, folks, is the reason we must resist with all of our might the continued militarization of police. It must end before it ends us.

link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I agree Cuervo. It would be a great moment of solidarity.

But we both know blood would be shed.

link   
Burn down some buildings in 'protest'...sorry, to me this is not an overly large presence. Do you not realize they are there to also protect those 'peaceful protesters? " from the mobs that burned down a few buildings?

Wait till it gets dark and let's see what happens tonight...

or in Salt Lake City....Maybe the Mormons will burn down a Starbucks for this shooting of an unarmed White kid by Police?

Link

Don't believe the hype....

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-13T19:30:05-05:000705 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No worries. They won't show up. And we can all probably guess why.

Reportedly, gun sales are up up up in the area. We can all guess who's probably buying them too.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Does anybody realize how much racial tension would be alleviated if this one time, hillbilly militia folks started pouring out from the woodwork with their rifles and stood by these protesters? To not show up is just cementing their double standards for constitutional rights. Same thing with OWS.

Could you imagine what would happen? It would be the spark of something new. Completely. You have a disenfranchised group of people who are getting their constitutional rights threatened and you have people shouting about how much they will defend our constitution. If they showed up to defend the rights of a group who they feel politically and culturally different from, this nation would change.

THIS, this would be THE statement of the century.
NO MORE. WE WILL NOT ALLOW THIS ANYMORE.
How amazing would that day be..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Since when have you known me to want to fire on civilians?

If cops murder people and want to show up with their toys to continue intimidating the public, I'd think it reasonable to show up with my toys.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: proob4
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.

Oh, thanks!

Phew, for a second there, I thought it was something fundamentally wrong going on in that picture. But its all just A-OK since it's not an LMG. *rolls eyes*
edit on 8132014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Doesn't matter who buys them. It's their right.

Remember that the 2nd amendment is not in place to protect hunters, etc. It's so we can protect ourselves from tyrannical governments.

link   
Oh neat an allusion to "gun owners hate black people"!

Yeah that must be it.

+10 more 
link   

I would love to see constitutional militia types join and help the Ferguson people. That's EXACTLY what TPTB don't want. And due to TPTB continued racial division techniques it won't happen.

Too many people say they are "awake" and continue to prove in action and word how much they genuine accept the status quo.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Doesn't matter who buys them. It's their right.

Remember that the 2nd amendment is not in place to protect hunters, etc. It's so we can protect ourselves from tyrannical governments.

No one said it wasn't their right.

And yes, I know. But we also know who they are buying the guns to protect themselves from in this case.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

*Bravo!*

Where in the hell is the Tea Party, or OathKeepers???

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: proob4
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.
It's still disgusting. And I also find what you say disgusting as well. You would shoot unarmed people?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join