It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Call me a racist all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're going to go jump on a bandwagon to defend some punk that tried to kill a cop.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Where are you getting this from? As far as what I've read, there's absolutely 0 proof to prove that he tried to kill the cop.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bone

Wow where are your links and proof of this? They said the officer got beat up where is the pic of him if it was true im sure it would have been posted a long time ago. Deny ignorance and state your facts/proof
edit on 14-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

he wrestled with the cop for control of the cops pistol.
the gun went off during the struggle,
in which the officer was hit on the head hard enough
to cause swelling. the gun went off and the deceased
attempted to flee and was shot by the officer.

end of instigating event.

the rest of what is happening in Missouri after the
criminal teenager died is absolutely unnecessary and criminal.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Fact the kid was UNARMED shot in the back and turned around with hands up and at least 30 feet away from officer kept shooting where is the threat take the blinders off

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
RT are showing some great coverage. So are Press tv.

Keep away from the US propaganda with this. Real good reporting from the foreign networks.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
a reply to: kruphix

Time will tell i guess. And if thats the case i will make it know as much as possible about them. Also i do not see this as a black and white issue it is a blue vs us issue. People need to leave race out as pointed out there were whites and blacks protesting...Really bone that does not say racist at all. This is about our rights not skin color. Hate to point it out to you but low life scum criminals come in ALL COLORS .

In a lot of ways, this is about race and police demographics, particularly in black communities. The Ferguson Police Department is actually disproportionately white for the area. The statistics are about 94% white police department for an area that is around 70% African American and 30% white. Tell me again that this has nothing to do with race.

Washington Post: Racial Questions Have Hung Over Police

The problem with having a predominately white police force policing a predominately black community is twofold. For one, it raises the odds that the police officer is going to have some issues in the area as a minority. Secondly, there is an inherent distrust of the black community towards police in general after decades (and often still ongoing) disparate treatment depending on the color of one's skin. That was definitely happening in Ferguson.

While black residents accounted for 67 percent of Ferguson’s population, black drivers accounted for more than 86 percent of the traffic stops made last year by the Ferguson Police Department, according to a report produced by the office of Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster.

The Breaking Point for Ferguson

Think about that for a second. The disparity and racial profiling was so significant that a. reach the attention of the Missouri Attorney General and b. have that report be outright called "racial profiling". ago.mo.gov...

What is occurring in Ferguson is both racially tied and pertaining to what the community--both white and black--have been seeing over the last decade.

For at least a decade, there have been complaints about racial tensions between police and black communities in the St. Louis County area. Communities, some residents say, can have less-experienced, poorly-equipped police departments and highly uneven levels of protection.

Washington Post

You tell me, between the above cited facts and what purportedly occurred with Brown, that these people in this community are unjustified in their anger. If anything, that white and blacks were protesting these issues together should say a whole lot and guess what--protesting is NOT illegal in this country no matter how tear gas canisters get lobbed and rubber bullets get shot. The looting? Didn't happen last night or the night before that or the night before that.
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken WaPo links. argggh

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Really ok why no pic of cop injuries then u know no pic or i did not happen. He had no criminal records they lied to make sound better to justify the shooting. He stole a pack of gum ohhhhhhhhhh death sentence for that i guess. Also came out he is not a full time police office i sure that has something to do with his over reacting all posted with links in the threads

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Here in St. Louis and all the outlying communities would beg to differ with the official explanation of why Michael Brown was shot, especially Ferguson, given the number of people that were a part of, or witnessed it.

Perhaps you can provide the proof to Michael Browns assault of the officer. It certainly would quiet things down around Ferguson. And then maybe you could provide a good explanation of why an assault on a police officer justifies killing the person who is surrendering with their hands up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Everyone seems to be taking a side with little to no proof or evidence of anything, other than what the rioters/protestors/looters are saying along with a few remarks made by authorities. None of which is proof or evidence of anything.

I doubt we will see much from the police until the investigation is complete and then information will surface. I don't know if true, but there are supposedly (!) eye witness accounts from the HUD property residents that support what is supposed to be the police version of events. Rumors and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee though.

Bottom line is this: Regardless of who, what, where of the shooting, the rioting and looting is not excusable. While I applaud the authorities attempt to stop the rioting, I am a bit dismayed when I see machine guns, armored personnel carriers and other implements of war.

I dunno, but I would almost favor leaving the fools to riot and ruin their own city and then leave it like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
from the unlawful response of a section of the community members,
the neighborhood appears to be a boil, pimple or
pustule of infection and a festering fetid putrid anti police mentality,
that is totally unable to police themselves or to show
any restraint or self discipline or control over their emotions.

two year olds learn how to act out their feelings and adults call that temper tantrums.

remember how dependent two year olds are on mommys tit?

dependency like that breeds temper tantrums.

edit on 14/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Another thought, I wouldn't be surprised and bet dollars to donuts that the so called military police presence out there is actually DHS....Obummers actual standing army that he has been wishing for, to patrol citizens in THIS country. They may be already in operation....how would we know one way or the other.
Most posters here are not saying they are against their local cops a much as they are saying they are against a MILITARY presence on our streets. You know...like relevant to the Posse Commitatus (sp) thing. People that think otherwise have the "boil, pustule, and fester" problem. I know many local police here that I like and respect. It is not about the "good guys"...it is about the psycho nut job war mentality ones. No matter what anyone says or tries to explain it, the party line sheeple just can't seem to "get it". Most of us here want NO ONE hurt or killed in this. I have a wonderful neighbor that is a policeman. But, he doesn't dress like or act like the Israeli Defense Forces for crikeys sake.
edit on 14-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It may look like that to you, but it is not. I know many folks up there, Black and White, and frequent the area. Wanting to make something so for the sake of argument, doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
from the unlawful response of a section of the community members,
the neighborhood appears to be a boil, pimple or
pustule of infection and a festering fetid putrid anti police mentality,
that is totally unable to police themselves or to show
any restraint or self discipline or control over their emotions.

two year olds learn how to act out their feelings and adults call that temper tantrums.

remember how dependent two year olds are on mommys tit?

dependency like that breeds temper tantrums.

Way to paint a community with vile smears and nudge-nudge-wink-wink innuendos! Who's having a temper tantrum again?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

I'm with you on that. These guys looked WAY too heavily outfitted to even be SWAT in my opinion.

They looked like military to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Video of Ferguson police gassing news crew

This is truly something else, first gassing them and then moving in and breaking up their equipment. Not something seen every day in Western Nations.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Considering they haven't even released a name of the officer, I can't see you being able to provide a photo to support this claim, either.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

they were throwing molotov coctails last night

do you know what that is?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Did we get thru the night without the whip causing more death?

Anybody?
edit on Ram81414v41201400000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Sadly given the behaviour of the police in other parts of America I have little doubt that the 'investigation' will be a cursory one that leads to the cop who bravely killed an unarmed kid who was surrendering getting a medal and a pat on the back. I have 0% confidence in any investigation by the local cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join