It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Of course it feels off,they don't want anything accidentally getting out.
This is about the police getting control of the people who have had enough of the murder.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why does it matter who the journalists are? Is it because they don't want any journalists to report what is actually happening there. Something feels very off about this whole thing.

Seems on point to me. If their official story is the only official story then anything they do can be shown as justified. Just the way they like it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I would note that there are a couple of varieties what you have linked is the microwave variety there is also the acoustic variety:

The Company’s Long Range Acoustic Device® (LRAD®) technology uses advanced sound reproduction technologies and novel acoustic materials to broadcast authoritative and highly intelligible instructions, warnings, alarms, and other sounds over several miles. LRAD® improves upon traditional speaker systems and megaphones by directing sound only where needed. Similar to a spotlight, which produces an intense beam of targeted light, each LRAD® system delivers a focused, directional audio broadcast. The beam width, frequency range, and maximum continuous output of LRAD® devices can be adjusted to target individuals, small groups, and large crowds at various ranges. LRAD Corp.’s versatile product portfolio has a range of applications, including public safety, law enforcement, homeland and international security, private and commercial security, maritime security, and wildlife and asset protection.

LRAD

edit on 13-8-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There saying the protesters are blocked in from both sides of the road.

Also from the McDonald SO mentioned

Developing: So @ryanjreilly and @WesleyLowery haven't tweeted since @jonswaine said he saw two journalists get arrested at the McDonald's they were in.

link
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Regular police and SWAT-geared police in a McDonalds checking journalist's ID's. Other twitter users are reporting they're trying to get ride of people with cameras.

Someone is handing out masks and water bottles to the protestors.

What? Are they keeping a list so they know who to pull over when this is all said and done?? Report something negative and get a hard time?

link   
a reply to: hammanderr

This seems very heavy handed. I think with the equipment that they now have at their disposal, they could have done much better just stepping up patrols and tending to the hot spots when they popup. This is a far cry from the LA riots btw. I think if handled more delicately the situation would have calmed on it's own, but this is just adding to the communities anger.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

sounds like you've got it all worked out.

( ps. that's not me agreeing with you)
edit on R2014th2014-08-13T19:11:35-05:0020140pm2244 by RoScoLaz4 because: additional text

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
“Anonymous” attack disrupting Ferguson city government

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – Much of Ferguson city government has been run by phone call and text messages for the last couple of days, and relatives of some city employees and police officers have been hurried out of town. All because of a cyber attack that’s done more damage as any thrown rock or bottle.

The threat went out from the group anonymous earlier in the week, and it quickly became clear this was no joke. Part of their message, “We will take every web based asset of your departments and governments offline. That is not a threat, it is a promise”

Anonymous Threatens To Release Name Of Officer In Ferguson Police Shooting

Hmm...intesting.
edit on 8/13/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wait till the videos come out of what started the mess. It'll be over before it starts. There was a bunch of people when it started but no videos?? Yeah right

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

I think it is odd that they setup a no fly zone, then banned any reporters from the area, and now they are checking journalists ID to "verify" who they are. Sounds like they really are trying to silence any information that is coming from the area.
I said in another thread yesterday that if they cut cell service and broadband access to the area, things will kick off shortly after.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sorta kinda the same question some people here are asking...

Why aren’t libertarians talking about Ferguson?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This pamphlet the New Black Panthers are passing out in Ferguson is freaking ridiculous

where's the freaking ridiculous part of that pamphlet? is it ridiculous just because black panthers made a demand?

I think todd stanes twitter rant was more ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think they are trying to get the people off the streets because it will be dark there very soon and it will probably take awhile to get everyone off the streets before it gets dark.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Seems like underlying fear by the cops. These protesters appear unarmed and ill equipped for a real confrontation. However I think the cops are becoming very aware what's coming for them in the future. And it won't be unarmed.

Those armored vehicles won't save them either.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I stated on another thread that I wasnt sure how the officers were suppose to respond to all the rioting and backlash after this to get it under control.........

But this? This is wrong, this is ridiculous, THIS IS out of line for the police department........

They do have the right to peaceful assembly and they do have a right to do whtat they are doing as long as they are not destroying anything......

This needs to be stopped , this cant stand
edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Next up?

Free speech zones!

I guess that whole right to peacefully assemble was getting kind of old. . . .

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A preacher showed up on a flat bed truck and it sounded like a revival, they have been handing out bottled water and gas masks to the protesters.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

It's not a machinegun. From the looks it could be a SASS M110. It's a sniper platform.

I'd be setting up on the roof. I'm willing to bet I'm a better shot too.
edit on pWed, 13 Aug 2014 19:25:31 -0500201413America/Chicago2014-08-13T19:25:31-05:0031vx8 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Via Instagram of Antonio French, Alderman of the @21stWard in St. Louis

Things getting tense at protest in #Ferguson right now

I would have put the pedal to the metal straight for the trucks with anyone pointing guns like that.

I'm sick of people like me that don't do #. Who ever started this agenda, is the definition of an evil genius. We may think we're awake, but we have no answers. Most of our minds are being controlled in one way or the other.
edit on 13-8-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: yourmaker

I was thinking the same thing. Like showcasing the Gestapo to scare the rest of us to get back in line. Also these don't look like your typical swat uniforms...most swat gear I've seen is all black...this looks more like DHS to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join