It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
just up from reddit
STLCO police confirm dept email down for past 3hrs. Investigating potential hack"

Anonymous making good on their threat?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

I agree completely. We see just a few things coming out, but nearly everyone has a smart phone on the street and inside the homes, as this seems to be carrying right down well kept streets. (unbelievable)

The amount coming later may be far greater.

I was thinking about something too.... Unless someone is actually live streaming data as they record it, they may want to put phones into airplane mode while recording. Think about the technology which ATS threads have covered on here for scanning, "interrogating" and locating or triangulating phones. It could be a way they focus. This situation would have all the high tech stuff. (I'm a big softy for protesters and I don't personally see many looters tonight)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Tweets coming in fast that Antonio French, Alderman of the @21stWard in St. Louis, is locked up in a Ferguson jail, some say with injuries cause by the police.

Can someone clue me in what an alderman is? Is it a public official of some sort?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Well, they've already managed to (allegedly) hack into their system before. Even (allegedly) posting up pictures of the inside of the police chief's own residence.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to take it a bit further. I can't say id be real broke up about it either.

link   

link   
This is not Police, this is a military presence! They are the ones who need to disperse! These people are trying to get back to normal life and they have this to deal with everyday now? Where is the mayor or governor or anybody!? Stick up for you damn people already and send these roid heads home! This is way bigger that a cop shooting now! a reply to: SkepticOverlord

link   
a reply to: Taggart

Yes like a city council St Louis has alderman that represent each Ward.

St Loius Wards
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Taggart

It's kinda like a city councilman. Close enough for Gov't work anyway.

* Err.. sorry, well answered at the same moment before me.

edit on 8/13/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Can someone clue me in what an alderman is? Is it a public official of some sort?

An alderman is the same as a legislator, different cities sometimes have different names. He was elected to the city council.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks people, I was reading wikipedia and getting mixed messages, it appears to have more power in some places
and not much in others.
Thats why I asked.

So, that is pretty bad then.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Is it just me or did #Ferguson hashtag on Twitter just stop getting new material?

It was scrolling by too fast to track, then suddenly stopped.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Let 'em go at it...they want to, they will. I imagine the police presence is partly to enforce safety and protection of personal property, course I could be wrong. They may just be out there doing their jobs as Peace Officers. You have a town ready to tear it up because of human error....destroy the whole town then. To err is human, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
All that "neat" DARPA tech they have left over from Iraq/Afghanistan - read multiple reports that local LEO's scarfing up all that neat "stuff" and taking classes, just itching to activate apparently. Scary scary.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Is it just me or did #Ferguson hashtag on Twitter just stop getting new material?

It was also not trending (last I checked) when we all know it should have been. Something's rotten in the city of Ferguson.

ETA - That there have been numerous reports of FB all but wiping itself clean from anything to do with Ferguson. I can't verify it myself at this time.

edit on 8/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I read somewhere it was cut and I have noticed not one new video uploaded to YouTube with video from tonight, so the whole area could be clamped down.

Whoops my bad:

edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Domo1
KMOV Livefeed

Saw an interview (a replay; not live) at your link, with the MO Senator who was fired upon with tear gas. She said something like... ' I was standing with the protesters when they were fired upon. They were unarmed and peaceful, and well within their rights to assemble. They were fired upon with tear gas and rubber bullets by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. I approve their budget. You better believe I'm pi$$ed off! '

1. Standing WITH the protesters.
2. Spoke out against the attack.

Hope something bad doesn't mysteriously happen to her.

If that's true, that's simply delicious.

Can't expect change unless it happens to them too.

And I doubt she'll side with the cops at this point, not that it'll matter cause the media will spin it, or she'll retract when her "superiors" tell her what to say.

Definitely true. She said it on camera at this link: KMOV.com

I clicked on the "Live Stream" but it was re-capping, not live at that time. Can't find the actual interview linked on the site, but it's a legitimate Local (Missouri) TV News station.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

It was also not trending (last I checked) when we all know it should have been. Something's rotten in the city of Ferguson.

You mentioned the Dog walker earlier, that's the guy that got beat up according to a reddit thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

My Janetter Pro Mac app has always been reliable and solid, showing live streams on any hashtag. Now it can't even reload #Ferguson.

Twitter.com is showing limited/old #Ferguson tweets.

link   
I believe this guy is a big cheese in local news up there? This came across the reddit feed from him and seemed important to save for the record. At least that he said it and when.

Casey Nolen KSDK @CaseyNolen

Police say decision to "disperse" made by commanders on front lines. Nothing to do with protesting "after sundown."
11:11 PM - 13 Aug 2014

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

ETA - That there have been numerous reports of FB all but wiping itself clean from anything to do with Ferguson. I can't verify it myself at this time.

I actually can debunk this. Maybe the hashtags are being scrubbed, but the actual documents I posted on my own personal FB page are still right there with people "liking" them. I have heard this also but cannot say that it's true for me.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join