It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know that there was looting the past 2 nites in a row, and that diminishes the death of the boy.

Having said THAT, I don't care, at ALL how it looks. I say this could flare up & we should stand behind the CITIZENS.

Cops have been using cops to start crap for YEARS, what's the diff?

Everyone is talking about the 2nd amendment, cops on necks, etc and no one DOES anything about it.

I say enough already, set this bish off & lets get it over with.

/Not being sarcastic at ALL.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

If you didn't see, one individual on Alex Jones' livestream said that the police allowed the rioting on Sunday. He seemed to imply that it was more facilitation than allowance, but that can't be determined yet obviously. It may never be with the way this is turning out. Even Sport media/bloggers are blowing this event up on twitter.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Was that a Freudian slip?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Does not seem that bad there now,Just the tear gas and some rioting and looting.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RezlooperIt is a sad day for America. I wonder anymore, is this my America, your America, OUR America? The scenes from Ferguson are starting to remind me of Teienamen (sp) Square. Have we become China now...might as well be, they practically own us already.

I am so sick of people that keep calling these guys attacking the crowd "cops" or police....they are MILITARY. As you said...all this over a bottle or two? Are tanks gonna be used next. I honestly can picture white phosphorous raining down on the citizenry some time in the not too far off future.

Businesses that got looted was a bad thing but so was it a bad thing when houses in the neighborhood got rubber bullets and flash bangs and such fired at them and when news cameras were damaged. This Israel trained bunch see us ALL as the enemy I bet....not necessarily a black or white issue. It is an issue about humanity...the human condition and where are we going when these kinds of things happen. I hope no flash bangs ended up in some babies crib again.

Folks say if it was our neighborhood, we would want such a presence...NO, if some one tries to "loot" me I will respond in kind. If he has a gun, that is what he will get back at him, not a tank for critey sakes. We don't call n*ne one one here.

link   
It's time for Journalists to Grow a Pair and do what they are paid to do, Question Everything, Report Everything.

Michael Hastings should be a Legendary figure in Newsrooms, not a name that evokes Fear and Control.

Along with "The People", young up and coming "Journalists" must Take a Stand, it's too late for the Older "Brought and Paid For Presstitutes" to change their spots.

If a Rogue News Chopper flew over Ferguson, would it be Shot Down?

The "Ministry of Truth" needs to be exactly that.

edit on 13-8-2014 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Does not seem that bad there now,Just the tear gas and some rioting and looting.

I don't know about that, since the streams died shooting has been reported via multiple twitter sources.

edit on 13-8-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Reddit Live Feed Link

Live police scanner Link

Thank you and everyone else who keeps the rest of us up to date on the feeds. I'd be lost without you guys!!

link   
I just saw someone post on one of the scanner feeds that they heard an officer was down???

I'm not sure if it's true or not yet. I saw it when I first clicked the link, surely the scanner would be more alive if that were so?

link   

originally posted by: Domo1
KMOV Livefeed

Saw an interview (a replay; not live) at your link, with the MO Senator who was fired upon with tear gas. She said something like... ' I was standing with the protesters when they were fired upon. They were unarmed and peaceful, and well within their rights to assemble. They were fired upon with tear gas and rubber bullets by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. I approve their budget. You better believe I'm pi$$ed off! '

1. Standing WITH the protesters.
2. Spoke out against the attack.

Hope something bad doesn't mysteriously happen to her.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

This looks pretty bad for the police

link   
In case anyone was interested MSNBC has been airing some of the live stream footage and discussing the situation. They are going to be interviewing one of the journalists who was arrested.

link   
Okay. This is embarrassing. I'm literally watching a modern voice for OccupyOakland reporting on how Palestinians are tweeting street medic advice for dealing with tear gas to the Ferguson people and (Oh... they really did...) the Al Jazeera crew that apparently jumped to tear gas fired at their feet. The pic reported to be them running down a residential street is ... well... (facepalm) America...how could you?

Really?? Who is in charge and responsible for this horror show? SOMEONE is responsible in a legal certainty. Whatever brought it to this, never ever again. This is out of history books of the early 20th century race riots and union busting with troops.

BTW, just imagine what it would look like if news helicopters could see large portions of the city at once for an overall sense of what is happening.

link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
One thing about twitter I'm confused about it that despite there being many tweets per minute about ferguson it hasn't shown up once on the top trending list.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Agreed. It also looked really freaking fake even though I'm sure it wasn't. Why wouldn't you hop in the car?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: FraggleRock

Look at this stream.
new.livestream.com...

Go to 8:50 and you will see two bottles thrown at the police line before the police do anything. First one is at 8:58 right up by the police line...second one is at 9:02 about midway between crowd and police line. Then the police start shooting rubber bullets, flash bangs, and tear gas.

Please tell me...what do you expect the police to do when the crowd starts to throw stuff at them?

They should do the same thing as any other incident. Arrest the guilty and let the innocent go free. The "crowd" didn't throw bottles, at most one or two people did.

In most cities, if someone throws a bottle at you and misses by a few feet, you probably couldn't even get a cop to come out and take a report. Use it as an excuse to gas a crowd and you go to jail.
edit on August 13th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Domo1
KMOV Livefeed

Saw an interview (a replay; not live) at your link, with the MO Senator who was fired upon with tear gas. She said something like... ' I was standing with the protesters when they were fired upon. They were unarmed and peaceful, and well within their rights to assemble. They were fired upon with tear gas and rubber bullets by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. I approve their budget. You better believe I'm pi$$ed off! '

1. Standing WITH the protesters.
2. Spoke out against the attack.

Hope something bad doesn't mysteriously happen to her.

If that's true, that's simply delicious.

Can't expect change unless it happens to them too.

And I doubt she'll side with the cops at this point, not that it'll matter cause the media will spin it, or she'll retract when her "superiors" tell her what to say.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: FraggleRock

Look at this stream.
new.livestream.com...

Go to 8:50 and you will see two bottles thrown at the police line before the police do anything. First one is at 8:58 right up by the police line...second one is at 9:02 about midway between crowd and police line. Then the police start shooting rubber bullets, flash bangs, and tear gas.

Please tell me...what do you expect the police to do when the crowd starts to throw stuff at them?

It looks in that video like the bottle(s) were thrown after the police used the sound weapon on people. And the bottle(s) landed well in front of the police. Maybe whoever threw them wasn't actually trying to hit the police, it's hard to say.

Terrible to watch. I remember Kent State, I was in high school. This brings back a lot of memories. I'm glad this didn't turn out like that, it easily could have. But I doubt this is over yet.

link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

If we want to see it we would have to imagine it. That's one hell of a good reason that there was a no fly zone right over Ferguson.

They are stupid, but then they are smart. Cut the cameras, fire at reporters and journalists, no fly zone? Yep. Nothing to see here folks...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join