It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Elon James White, apparent media host of some kind, tweeted that these people were just arrested for refusing to move as their form of protest.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As terrible as it would be, it seems the lines are being drawn and people and police are going to die if this accelerates much further. The only silver lining may be the wake up call for the people of the US that ignites a firestorm of awareness and common purpose against the apparently criminal US government. If the revolution is televised.

It may be under the "color of law" lawful (in a draconian sense) to tell people to leave their homes, area, etc. but it is certainly not moral or ethical, unless there is a major natural disaster or an invading force. The government and police are again playing the bully and as I have said in the past, it's all about extortion and exploitation. We live in bizarro world.

I guess we have to wait and see "who shoots first."

Cheers - Dave

link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Ah, good deal. I guess I should have seen what you were getting at, sorry I missed that

But yes this is the perfect place for them to show up, actually give a reason for the cops to show so much force against people that are pretty much unarmed.
Protesters not being able to protest and met with force to stop it, sounds great.

+15 more 
link   

As the people are being forced to leave, the police on the loudspeaker is saying, "Your right to peacefully assemble is not being denied."

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That is insane. I am of two minds on this and I know it won't be popular. On the one hand I can understand that they want to prevent what happened the other night from happening again with more people involved. On the other hand this seems to be a show of force that could have stayed down the street and around the corner until it was needed if it would be needed at all.

Instead they are showing up in force for what appears to be a "just give me a reason" sort of thing. I think this may very well wind up being a deadly mistake on their part. There are ways to do things without antagonizing people while you are doing it... obviously they missed the memo.

To not allow these people to protest peacefully NIGHT OR DAY is a travesty and it should bother many more folks than just those that live in Ferguson IMO. It could be coming to a neighborhood near you if it's allowed to occur without an outcry from others that are not in Ferguson themselves. Agree or disagree with why they are protesting but stand up and demand that they have the right to do so any time DAY OR NIGHT.

I sincerely hope that this does not lead to a further loss of life.
edit on 8/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Swat truck repositioned, gun pointing straight at protesters

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
As the people are being forced to leave, the police on the loudspeaker is saying, "Your right to peacefully assemble is not being denied."

Complete and utter bullsnip.
Do they really think people will believe that?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

More police headed into Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

Aren't those whom already tried to peacefully protest "Constitutional loving"?

Or are you an agent provocateur promoting violence by the use of weapons?

That's the one thing I haven't seen brought up on all of these threads about this violence! Did the agent provocateurs stir up the looting? Not condoning the actions of those that looted and destroyed the properties of others are right, but what IF?
edit on 13-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Complete and utter bullsnip.
Do they really think people will believe that?

There are enough that will and that's why they are doing it. There are millions of people who could not care less because this isn't their fight or their neighborhood. They'll worry about it when IT IS their fight and their neighborhood. THEY will want someone to stand up for them... and there will be nobody left to do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In my experience, the unarmed crowd always falls to the armed one. Why should i be a provocateur when clearly i was speaking about equal ground. Also, never once did i even hint at violence from the protester's camp.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but this isn't the cause those gun loving militias show up for.
Well maybe if it was a different community doing it, if you catch my drift.

Maybe a "Militia" is there ?

FBI warns of ‘New Black Panther Party’ leader inciting violence in Ferguson

This pamphlet the New Black Panthers are passing out in Ferguson is freaking ridiculous

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that this is going to spark something much larger. All it will take to set off this powder keg is some trigger happy cop to accidentally shoot a protester.

+41 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Why don't they just pick up and start protesting two streets down. Then wait for the cops to follow, then pick up and move two streets to the right, let the cops follow them around like that all day. Up the street, down the street, zig left zag right. All day long. Maybe even a couple of circles and a few of figure eights. Record it, speed it up and add a Benny Hill sound track to it.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I cannot believe what I'm seeing

For a country that has waged wars for democracy to act like this is irony in its worst form

Where's the hashtag #prayforamerica

Where's all the militias protecting constitutional rights

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
I'm not sure if the devices are the ADS. Unless they have downsized it a great deal. Maybe an acoustical non-lethal weapon? The commanders in Afghanistan wouldn't use ADS on the Taliban! Was ADS used in Pittsburgh years ago at a G-7 or G-8 convention? If American cops are using it on American citizens, then the time is fast approaching for a revolution against an oppressive, tyrannical government. Here's a link about ADS being rejected for use in Afghanistan.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

BREAKING: State Senator Maria Chapelle Nadal has been taken into police custody; she had been tear-gassed at an earlier protest. #Ferguson

link

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Why do I have the feeling that this is going to spark something much larger. All it will take to set off this powder keg is some trigger happy cop to accidentally shoot a protester.

I think a trigger happy cop already sparked something. But if things go sideways here this could really spread. People have simply had enough "murder by cop."

It's time for change.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I guess we have our answer as to whether police would infringe on citizens' rights if given the command.

I'm upset mostly by not seeing any police refusing to take part in this debacle. There may be some - but where are they?

Oh, and if these arrests are as high as is being reported...where are they being taken to? I'm sure the jails are already full.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join