Tea Party official opens Miss. meeting with prayer asking for violence against Republicans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

I know that originally the TP (the actual grassroots movement) were painted as ignorant racists etc... but now the actual candidates and the spokespersons seem to actually be those things (now the media doesn't say squat, funny huh?). Who are the candidates you are currently supporting and plan to vote for, if that's too personal... understood. I'm just wondering how many people are voting TP simply because they are TP.

I'd vote for Dr. Ben Carson, Col. Allen West. Those would be my top two. Ted Cruz was born in Canada, so I don't see him actually gaining any nomination.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

“We’re asking, Father, for two things,” he said. “We’re asking, Father, that you would expose them, set division amongst them, set them one against another, bring confusion and fear into their camp, into their thinking, for the purpose of pulling them down, for casting them down out of their high offices and reducing them, Lord, to having no power in this state.” “So, Lord, that you might raise up and seek the righteous in the positions of power that this state might once more be a state that honors you in all that it does,” Nicholson concluded.

The prayer recited is used in "spiritual warfare". Good vs. Evil. The GOP and the DNC both hate freedom; they are interested in enslaving you or at least economically putting you at a disadvantage so you remain in control under their theifdom.
edit on 14-8-2014 by LibertasIntel because: added reference and context to reply.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Republicans are almost good, according to liberal progressives who want bigger government, more government oversight, and more government control.

Tea Party is for smaller government, personal responsibility, individuality.

Establishment republicans are not too different from establishment democrats anymore.

This. The Tea Party is not "right wind extremist." That is just a propaganda smear by the left and MSM. The Tea party is not racist nor extreme. They just want less government intrusion, less taxes, and more individual responsibility--all of which are good things.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Dear beezzer,

"Government is like a prostate exam. Painful, irritating, but sometimes necessary."

Your admission that government is sometimes necessary is a fine starting point. I shall take the ball
and run with it. Let's agree that government should level the playing field.
In the measure of power vs. weakness, the government serves as the referee.

Let's agree, Mr. Rabbit, that the weak deserve protection from the strong.

If the strong are virtuous and altruistic then I am wasting my time.

Let me ask you, Mr. Rabbit, what is the value of altruism in the culture we share?

Rather to silly that big government is automatically altruistic isn't it? That's an assumption that is not borne out by history.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hello Beez,

"If "altruism" is mandated, then it isn't really altruism. Altruism has to come from the individual."

To that I give a Homer Simpson "Duh!"

Mandated altruism is like an optional requirement.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Howdy Doc,

"Rather too silly that big government is automatically altruistic isn't it? That's an assumption that is not borne out by history."

Of course no major institution on the face of this earth is altruistic.
That's because all institutions are self-serving and oppressive to a degree.
Altruism is the ideal of perfection that we all should pursue.

p.s. Doc, I got a pain in my sacariliac, and it only goes away when I come to ATS!
Is this covered by Obamacare?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, the prayer did say to "set one against the other", that could mean anything from just using verbal spewage against one another all the way up to and including blowing each others heads off...all a matter of degrees. It amazes me that such a prayer exists. Sounds pretty spiteful and hateful and not very Christian-like to me. Then again, reading the bible sounds pretty much rough and tumble too...all that smiting and fire and brim stone and all...walls come tumbling down and such.

Amazing in this day and age that folks actually think there is a Big Daddy in the sky that is going to help them bring confusion and other spiteful happenstances on their fellow man. Maybe that's the problem, no one sees each other as "fellow man" anymore. It is always about this political divide/separate division. Tea Party, Shmea party, on most levels, all parties are basically the same faction serving the same "master", the military/industrial complex and corporate America. Votes count? In light of "pregnant chads" that should have been aborted anyway, and electronic/computerized voting that can now easily be hacked, voting is a crock. We are all pawns in a rigged game. No matter who gets in office, very little ever changes for the better.

An entity in the sky isn't going to get us out of this mess, we have to take responsibility and figure this out on our own. The solution...I don't know. This divide and conquer stuff is counter productive and solves nothing. Prayers are words. Maybe we need to believe in something new...like "ourselves"...in "humanity" and working together to better the human condition and stop looking to some other party or thing to do it for us.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
It's a sad state of affairs when Republicans like Abraham Lincoln and Dwight Eisenhower would be crucified alive by the Right Wing media and Tea Party.

I can see stringing old dishonest Abe up but what did IKE ever do?
edit on 18-8-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-8-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
" Tea Party official opens Miss. meeting with prayer asking for violence against Republicans "

Sounds like the Progressive headliners are getting real desperate lately.

Is this the best they can do to rebut the Conservative stances ?

God forbid they try to debate any issues.

edit on Aug-13-2014 by xuenchen because:

You think they would be happy. So God moves on the Republicans what do the progressives care. LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Well, the prayer did say to "set one against the other", that could mean anything from just using verbal spewage against one another all the way up to and including blowing each others heads off...all a matter of degrees. It amazes me that such a prayer exists. Sounds pretty spiteful and hateful and not very Christian-like to me. Then again, reading the bible sounds pretty much rough and tumble too...all that smiting and fire and brim stone and all...walls come tumbling down and such.

This is lite weight compared to some of the prayers against enemies in the bible. To much to go into here but will mention that even Christ talked about praying for the day of vengeance. So its not with out precedent and in its time and place......very christian and biblical.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Logarock because: m

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join