It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party official opens Miss. meeting with prayer asking for violence against Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

You be an interesting person to debate on the actual roles and responsibilities of government.

I like how people try to deflect from "larger" government to "more responsible" government.

I don't know the last time in written history that government has actually been "responsible".

Government is like a prostate exam. Painful, irritating, but sometimes necessary.

Smaller government will always be better, in my humble opinion, because it's self-serving and always trying to justify it's existence by getting bigger.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Liberals, Progressives, Liberal Progressives, Leftists don't want bigger government... They want effective government, effective oversight and control? Nah.

Anywho, your boy in the OP wants Theocracy.

“So, Lord, that you might raise up and seek the righteous in the positions of power that this state might once more be a state that honors you in all that it does,” Nicholson concluded.

A State in servitude to his God. Wonder where people came up with Tealiban...

I don't know the last time in written history that government has actually been "responsible".

Kinda hard when people vote to defend themselves from religious rule.
edit on 8/13/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Give me an example in history where there has been an "effective" government.

There is large government and there is small government.

Which of the two would you choose?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The way this yahoo wants small government? I don't want any part of that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Dear beezzer,

"Government is like a prostate exam. Painful, irritating, but sometimes necessary."

Your admission that government is sometimes necessary is a fine starting point. I shall take the ball
and run with it. Let's agree that government should level the playing field.
In the measure of power vs. weakness, the government serves as the referee.

Let's agree, Mr. Rabbit, that the weak deserve protection from the strong.

If the strong are virtuous and altruistic then I am wasting my time.

Let me ask you, Mr. Rabbit, what is the value of altruism in the culture we share?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hello again Mr. X,

"Sounds like the Progressive headliners are getting real desperate lately.
Is this the best they can do to rebut the Conservative stances ?"

I'll grant that the allusion to violence is hyperbolic.

But I am interested in your opinion of the ongoing drama of the Mississippi primary.

Does McConnell have a case against Cochran?

Does it come down to blacks voting illegally for Cochran in the primary because

they have no intention of voting Republican in the general election?

Please let me know!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

World wide when people believe they have no control they turn to a God for his help with the perceived oppressors, illness, or whatever. Many (if not most) a person has been on their knees praying while waiting on the sword or bullet that is seconds away.

The tea party folks are being demonized because they are a threat to the establishment (2 party system) and anything that can be used against them will be.. If it is religion, fair game with the bible thumping mo fo's tag.... if it is taxes, they are trying to steal from the poor or the military, if it is for a smaller responsible government with less taxes to feed their beast every means possible will be used to demonize them.. Worked against Ron Paul and anyone else who goes against the grain.

What gets me are all the people who fall for it..

This election cycle I honestly do not know if the incumbents will be kicked out of office and a new bunch will be installed; doubtful for many reasons ? In my opinion whoever goes to D.C. will be handled as those before them by the professional bureaucratic handers, You know; the actual ones who steer the ship of state.... so maybe god is the only answer for many of the masses, no?..

What little I know about the tea party with them being against the federal reserve system is enough right there to take notice of them.. Why would a government who can print their own money want to borrow money from someone else and pay interest.. Duh... Certainly seems like that is the model that has taken over the world and has or is destroying countries and governments world wide through bankruptcy or conquest.. a debt based system that has been planted in the world's garden with very few knowing where it would all lead ... Those who did were hushed or called crack pots etc etc...

The secret in propaganda is that when you demonize, you dehumanize; when you dehumanize, it allows you to kill your enemy and no longer feel guilty about it." It is an old thought and play book for leaders of men in a war setting. Nazi's, Gooks, ragheads, Infidels etc etc are all a forms of this propaganda. This system works in all facets of our daily lives. Watch men or women start to fight.. It is preceded by what is called the monkey dance. Name calling is usually the first stage.. Those who do not know what the monkey dance is:

A complex set of patterns that involve lots of yelling and screaming, threat displays, short clashes followed by more yelling, screaming and threat displays. A process that helps everyone adrenalize..... initially the purpose is NOT to hurt the other person. That is another kind of violence all together, however, as the monkey dance progresses then the violence/threats also escalates; then 'boom' let the hurt begin !

In his book "Meditations on Violence", Rory Miller coined the Monkey dance term in describing behavioral patterns that lead to violence. He called it "The Monkey Dance" because it mimics other primates to a tee. Great book for those who have to deal with violence or who have a CHL.

IMO before someone buys into the demonization of anything or anyone step back and think are you being used in the first step of the "Monkey Dance"?
Who is propagating the scenario and do you really want to play their game ?

P.S. this response should have been to the OP not Beezzer who I find mostly on the same page of life as myself.

edit on 13-8-2014 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Tea Party is for smaller government, personal responsibility, individuality.

Really? I thought the Tea party was for whatever the Koch bros wanted. As always follow the money.
It's been a long time since any grass roots grew under the Tparty.

www.usnews.com...

theweek.com...

I guess my question is; will the Tparty follow the GOP when push comes to shove or will they waste their vote in a 3rd party attempt.
My bet is that most will follow and vote for whom ever Rush tells them to. Probably the GOP. dittoheads eh...

It doesn't really matter to me because I plan on wasting my vote with the Libertarians. Actually I'm not really voting for a Libertarian, I'm voting against the Democrats and Republicans. I just can't in good conscience vote T party and the Koch Bros. juggernaut.

I'm so cynical I subscribe to the old cliche....if voting really made any difference it would be illegal.
Of course it's fun to participate in the local corruption and vote for who ever buys the most rounds down at the Casa Peyaso y la Tonto.
edit on 13-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Really? I thought the Tea party was for whatever the Koch bros wanted. As always follow the money.

www.usnews.com...

theweek.com...

I guess my question is; will the Tparty follow the GOP when push comes to shove or will they waste their vote in a 3rd party attempt.

It doesn't really matter to me because I plan on wasting my vote with the Libertarians. Actually I'm not really voting for a Libertarian, I'm voting against the Democrats and Republicans. I just can't in good conscience vote T party and the Koch Bros. juggernaut.

Were you for the Occupy Wall Street movement?

I was, until I realized they were taken over by the Progressive/Democrats.

The problem we ALL face is being BS'd by the 2 party system that shares the same Corporate office!

Koch's, Soros, Gates, Buffets, and lobbyists? To us idiots whom keep believing they are the answers to our sorrows and keep voting them into office expecting them to make thing right, when all along we know they will end up serving the big money that got them elected in the first place is the PROBLEM!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There's other 3rd party choices. And let's not pretend that the guy didn't actually say that he wants a State that honors his God.
edit on 8/13/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Say supporters of the Tea Party. No group ever says it's for, "bigger government, a lack of responsibility and the loss of individuality."

As to the prayer for violence — Jackson Free Press seems to be the source of all of the reporting. It would have been helpful if they'd quoted the lines containing the phrase.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Give me an example in history where there has been an "effective" government.

There is large government and there is small government.

Which of the two would you choose?

How about pointing out an example of a prosperous nation without an effective state?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: olaru12

www.usnews.com...

theweek.com...

Were you for the Occupy Wall Street movement?

I was, until I realized they were taken over by the Progressive/Democrats.

The problem we ALL face is being BS'd by the 2 party system that shares the same Corporate office!

Koch's, Soros, Gates, Buffets, and lobbyists? To us idiots whom keep believing they are the answers to our sorrows and keep voting them into office expecting them to make thing right, when all along we know they will end up serving the big money that got them elected in the first place is the PROBLEM!

Guess what...I could give a **** what happens in America politically. I'm blessed financially to be able to watch dispassionately for the mere entertainment value and live anywhere on the planet I chose as long as their's an internet connection. It's fun to play the little rhetorical game and pull the chains and poke the true believers.

There isn't going to be an American revolution by the militias; Maybe a race war like they want, but no revolution against tptb. I'm not a victim satisfied with whine and crybaby BS handwringing like so many here.

I actually took personal responsibility for my future and the future of my lady. I want no part of this "poor me" pity party so prevalent on ATS currently.

I plan on creating threads that mock and piss off everyone that is so intellectually constipated, that they can't see thru their ideological biases. I'm not ashamed for being a liberal and wanting what's best for my countrymen and not the Corporate oligarchy that has taken over. But as a realist, I also know that nothing is going to change. Anyone that has read Vonnegut saw this coming a long time ago. Some of us studied hard, invested wisely and made preparations.

It's a brave new world...

edit on 13-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

it can be hard to walk away from an investment like that and even when it becomes a liability you will refuse to accept the reality of the situation and instead gamble more on a losing proposition
nothing is permanent (i would diversify)

anyway you make a lot of good points

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Let me ask you, Mr. Rabbit, what is the value of altruism in the culture we share?

If "altruism" is mandated, then it isn't really altruism. Altruism has to come from the individual.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My tolerance for the GOP is at an end.

My disgust for the DNC continues.

I too, will be wasting my vote on a libertarian (3rd party) candidate.

As for effective government, we haven't seen one in quite some time. Perhaps we never have.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I don't agree that a vote can be wasted, I wish more Americans would vote for who they actually want in office vs voting for the person that can beat the candidate they dislike the most.

But why Tea Party? The candidates the Tea Party supports are so far removed from what the TP movement started as... do you actually agree with Theocracy and corporate rule? Either of those only increase authority not shrink it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
It's a sad state of affairs when Republicans like Abraham Lincoln and Dwight Eisenhower would be crucified alive by the Right Wing media and Tea Party.

I would go so far as to point out a little more modern reference.

I know Ronald Reagan would not pass muster as a "conservative republican" and I will even say George Wallace would be considered
to far the left for these guys. Yes, I know he was a demecrate. I am speaking of his position not his party.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't agree that a vote can be wasted, I wish more Americans would vote for who they actually want in office vs voting for the person that can beat the candidate they dislike the most.

Strangely enough, I agree.

But why Tea Party? The candidates the Tea Party supports are so far removed from what the TP movement started as... do you actually agree with Theocracy and corporate rule? Either of those only increase authority not shrink it.

I like the independence of the Tea Party. You may label it as Christian-theocracy and corporate rule, but I see it as independent, with the goal of increasing personal responsibility not decreasing it.

The meme, the characature of the average Tea Party member has been bastardized by the media and government and pundits for so long that lies have become "fact".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I know that originally the TP (the actual grassroots movement) were painted as ignorant racists etc... but now the actual candidates and the spokespersons seem to actually be those things (now the media doesn't say squat, funny huh?). Who are the candidates you are currently supporting and plan to vote for, if that's too personal... understood. I'm just wondering how many people are voting TP simply because they are TP.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join