It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it still democracy to accept parties praising for dictatorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think it is a difficult question. No perfect thing exists, that's for sure. But for the sake of democracy, should a country be allowed to stop by all means necessary a party that would praise dictatorship?

If for instance, your own country people elects today a country leader that clearly states that he is the only one to rule, there will be no more elections, that he is basically "God", then what would you do? Respect the elections majority or defend your democracy?

It would be going against the people's will to go against such a decision, but on the other hand, allowing dictatorship is closing all doors to democracy...

What do you people think? What would you do?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have asked this question on ATS before. Its a good question. What i would personally do is try to get out of the country at all costs. People will tell you this could never happen in the USA. I beg to differ. Anything is possible, and given the signs lately, i would say its a probability.

All Bush supporters will come back is " this would never happen"

Well, people, what if it did?????

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Spookyvince, BTW, dictatorship is usually brought on without "approval" of the masses.
But the signs start becoming crystal clear with time.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Exactly... What if it did?

On this world, it seems that people are waiting for the worse to happen before taking action.

How many dead persons does it take before a local authority modifies a dangerous road? Same thing...

It could happen, just like it happened, and nobody believed it would happen. Nobody believes it will happen...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I would like to think that I would defend democracy although Im not so sure how I would fight the government. Fighting a dictatorship would be simple in the USA with there crazy gun laws should be able to find enough weapons to restore democracy in the street.

new topics

top topics

join