It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Special Forces have landed in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Be prepared; I hope I'm wrong but, what I see happening is that most of these soldiers will be ambushed and be brutally killed/tortured and will be publicly displayed for the world to see.

Obama will retaliate by sending more troops, because he can't let that action go unpunished.

Now if you look at those mountains on a map, look how close those mountains are next to Syria...
And who has been wanting to invade Syria for some time now? Right the USA.

Again, I hope i'm wrong, but it seems like a big show to get to Syria.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

That's exactly what pawns are for.
Lets hope you're not right

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I hope they get in and out in a hurry, this ISIS mob look to be a better class of opposition than what the US are used to.

Yes, I'm sure the SF guys who have been waging war for years are deathly afraid of ISIS. As long as we have no restraining Rules of Engagement I'm sure they will give far better than they get. Fifty Delta/SEALS/SAS are worth about 1000 ISIS. Throw in some air support and it goes way above that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Can't blame it on WMD's, communism or "we are here to bring you democracy" so this time it is humanitarian, but what ever they are lying about to get things a rolloen this time, we are going to kill and maim a bunch more 20 year olds.

This is Vietnam 2.0... this on the ground, that on the ground, then 58,000 + dead with NOTHING to show for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

...sending military advisers, that's exactly how we got involved in the war in Vietnam and we all know how that turned out. Let's hope we don't see this turning into something we can't get ourselves out of. Why should the U.S. become involved? Where is the Arab League? It's their backyard, they should be taking care of it! I'm tired of us putting our young men and women in harms way when the neighboring countries sit on their A$$ and watch.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What do expect, the stockpiles of weapons must be building up again.

Innovation in ways to kill humans is stunted when the shelves are full of already overkill devices.

Saying ISIS might give the Special Forces, be they U.S, UK, or AUS, a challenge is like saying a soft squishy frog has a chance against a Raccoon.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Boots on the ground, Boots on the ground, lookin like a fool with your boots on the ground. Glad we are there but Obama is such a lier heh.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
Be prepared; I hope I'm wrong but, what I see happening is that most of these soldiers will be ambushed and be brutally killed/tortured and will be publicly displayed for the world to see.

Before ISIS was a problem or even on the radar, I had a dream (wrote a thread on it) about Obama being killed by a multi-ethnic mob of extremists by crucifixion.

Now ISIS roles in and has white dudes alongside Arab dudes and they're crucifying people. At the time, I didn't think anything of it because there were no groups like that but your post is making me think.

I bet you are right and I bet it will be horrifying.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Going to need a lot of ISIS fighters to put down the U.S special forces (complete with air support). I hope they are packing pork infused ammunition, too:

jihawg.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
despite my earlier comment I am not against a more hands on approach to help these people.

God speed and safe return to everyone that tries to help them... be it Iraqi, American, or any other group.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I thought no boots on the ground?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

...sending military advisers, that's exactly how we got involved in the war in Vietnam and we all know how that turned out. Let's hope we don't see this turning into something we can't get ourselves out of. Why should the U.S. become involved? Where is the Arab League? It's their backyard, they should be taking care of it! I'm tired of us putting our young men and women in harms way when the neighboring countries sit on their A$$ and watch.
YES! Seams like a pretty good set up to me.

Bunch of people stuck on top of a mountain, special forces roll in...BOOM!!
Sitting ducks up there.

After all, you have to sacrifice a few to get the American people to back up another war, right? Isnt that how every war has started for the last 100 years?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CRUSTY37

So whats going to happen when you are wrong?

I'm guessing nothing. You won't be back here will you?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If this is for rescuing Refugees am all for it , spec forces should not have a problem dealing with ISIS

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
these ISIS guys are not like the iraqi army or the talibans. they are suicidal and will use suicide bombers before their assault.. a limited special force contingent would be overwhelmed without their superior air support..

will there be another Bravo Two Zero moment ? this time the FATAL kind ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join