It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess this is me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While I have commented on this site a handful of times recently, I have never created a thread. To stay off the radar of NSA, TPTB, or whomever else might be out there, I chose for years to remain completely silent. Now, however, I am very tired of being silent. I am tired of listening to ignorant arguments, irrational arguments, arguments based off of one unverified source, and most of all people being hateful towards one another for having a different view. Through Facebook, the media, forums, and any remaining public location where ideas are share and discussed these things have become a pandemic wreaking havoc on humanity. We allow labels to divide us (Republican/Democrat, Christian/Muslim/Atheist/etc, Immigrant) and find it all too easy to hate than to work towards solutions when most of the time if we just better understood the issues we would find the root of all this malfeasance is someone’s agenda in selfish pursuit of power. How easily we are distracted from those things that matter most, chief among which is building a better world.

It was recently revealed that Facebook had conducted an experiment in which they changed the feed of select individuals to show either mostly negative or positive comments. In kind, the viewer of those comments posted in line with the environment Facebook had provided them. This was made public, Facebook admitted to it, and I am sure it made a thread or two for five minutes before more alluring topics like a famous person’s suicide dominated the forum. Then we forgot. It was also revealed recently through Wikileaks (touted as Snowden 2.0 on ZH) that the UK’s intelligence agency used media & forums to manipulate the masses for multiple purposes such as controlling the outcome of elections. Again, this made the forum briefly and once again we pushed it aside because there was another UFO sited over Texas. Not a conspiracy but publicized, admitted information in which many of our theories are bound. A basis for discussion that should be pervasive in every thread is delivered to us and we chose to ignore. We go back to petty arguments, irrational opinions, using a single unreliable source, speak out of ignorance, and spewing words of hate at each other. We are being manipulated to think and to feel however those that control the message wish to direct us, yet this is forgotten and I have to conclude that those in control have found success.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have recently come to "see" everything you just mentioned. Blows my mind. Thank you for that, and thanks for the links!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

SunnyRunner360, welcome to ATS. Very interesting input on social pyramid scheme manipulating-guiding-controlling.
See you in the boards...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to all

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

Hello and Welcome to ATS! A very in depth point of view you have here,and very telling, of our society at large!
I look forward to more of your posts/threads.

Later, Syx.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well you've come to the right place!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah. you shouldn't have to listen to ignorant arguments, you should be joining in them.

Welcome to the party.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
With an introduction like that you will fit in here fine. I know a lot of this stuff is not simple or easy, but would it be any fun if it was? Welcome and good luck.

new topics

top topics

join