It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the... how/why does this happen?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Synchronicity. 11:11 is a common example of synchronicity that some people experience myself included. There are others.

Another person on the thread mentioned the law of attraction that can be used to increase the synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3
a reply to: MrConspiracy
Ever since my longboard accident, I've been seeing and hearing the phrase "Wake Up." It's almost to the point where I'm going insane.

edit on 13-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Hahahaha!

It's a very, very odd thing that seems to be happening to me (at least) more and more often.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Synchronicity. 11:11 is a common example of synchronicity that some people experience myself included. There are others.

Another person on the thread mentioned the law of attraction that can be used to increase the synchronicity.

11:11 doesn't happen to me much. But recently i've been able to guess the time to the minute - that's been a bit odd! haha.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yup, happens all the time... or rather, in "waves" or clusters. Ideas or words will pop up for no apparent reason.

Even though we are bombarded with random data all day, the odds for some of mine defy the random chance explanation ... in my opinion.

I've heard plausible reasons for it on the thread, but I've yet to know why, exactly, it happens... but it surely does happen and sometimes it does seem "paranormal" and intentional... for the stupidest things, too.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's because once something is in your conscious mind you pay attention to it.

When you started paying attention to it, it became part of your conscious and you see it more often. Also the contents of your consciousness determine what you see in the "external" world around you. Like an optimistic experiences a happy world, and a pessimistic perceives a sad one, though it may be the same world to everyone else. When you bring something into your consciousness you perceive it.

The important thing to take away from this is that your mind and more specifically your consciousness is an extremely powerful tool in shaping your reality. In fact it's the ONLY thing that determines your reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think i know why it happens.

Its not law of attraction and it's not synchronicity, it's another phenomenon entirely. Or you could say it's synchronicity because nobody actually knows how that works.

Its you seeing the future! And it happens because reality is already assembled long/short time before we experience it. Sounds crazy but its the only logical explanation. Somebody or somethings has already thrown the dices. From this point of view its like a prank and sure looks like one when things like this happens to you.

While watching movies i've noticed that some of my random thoughts, those who tend to extend a bit more, are in sync whit something from that movie that happens after 2-3 minutes. Well that's crazy.
Or i look on the window and i see someone, but not good enough, and i think my self that this must be "Jhony" and after one minute while still trying to figure out who it is, "Jhony" passes through there. Hahaha.

So must be only some form of precognition which we all have, cause allot of people had experience this and that means that the reality its already prearranged ! Or that, a more sinister version if that is possible, that our conscious self (that we are) is so dumb that it has a delay of (days, hours, minutes ? ) of perceiving this reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your mind filters out most of your reality. Once something is brought to your attention, your mind is triggered by references to it and your awareness kicks in. This, coupled with the fact that many ideas ebb and flow, pouring out from multiple outlets at the same time. This is the concept of buzz, and it is a powerful social force.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The Police. Synchronicity 2.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3
Ever since my longboard accident, I've been seeing and hearing the phrase "Wake Up." It's almost to the point where I'm going insane.

i have a message for you, try not to panic.

edit on 8/14/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies guys! Very much to do with the fact we are subconsciously looking out for these things. I can't deny it, the subconscious is a wacky device. I just find it rather odd - we live in a bizarre world indeed!

The most interesting thing being - does this mean we can decide/alter out own reality with out thoughts? It's extremely bizarre. Or are we just picking things out and noticing them because we've recently seen/heard them? I struggle to fully believe some of these things are just "because i was subconsciously looking for them" - for example the youtube video - what made me click on that video and see 2 people i'd only ever seen once before on the same day? I made the concious decision to click that video - they just happened to be there.

Mind = boggled.
edit on 14-8-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Thanks for all your replies guys! Very much to do with the fact we are subconsciously looking out for these things. I can't deny it, the subconscious is a wacky device. I just find it rather odd - we live in a bizarre world indeed!

The most interesting thing being - does this mean we can decide/alter out own reality with out thoughts? It's extremely bizarre. Or are we just picking things out and noticing them because we've recently seen/heard them? I struggle to fully believe some of these things are just "because i was subconsciously looking for them" - for example the youtube video - what made me click on that video and see 2 people i'd only ever seen once before on the same day? I made the concious decision to click that video - they just happened to be there.

Mind = boggled.

I believe we have the ability to alter our own reality. We can't control everything, but we can influence a lot of things, even subconsciously. That's just my personal belief, anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
got that too

when at work years ago at many time i'd randomly started humming a song (even old ones that rarely play at radio)and the said song play at the radio in the next 5 to 15minutes

it happend 2 or 3 times

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I noticed that when I give my son a lift to stay with his friends, on my return home, the T.V wont work.

It happened 3 times when I mentioned it to him, saying what a strange coincidence it was.

Then 3 weeks ago I dropped him off and hey presto, when I got home, the t.v wouldn't work.

I was so shocked I rang him to tell him. Then last week, I dropped him off again and again on my return the t.v wouldn't work. Well, I was pretty stunned and said out loud, "What are you trying to tell me?"

So 5 times it's happened now. It's a good quality t.v that works normal.

I've also noticed that if he gets a train to his friends, there's no problem. It only happens when I drive him.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: thevace
the matrix or universe or whatever you may call it makes use of intelligent caching by stacking similar "events" together for optimization

I would like to add that caching can happen automatically but it can also be taken advantage of "manually" when searching for a product, information, person.

let's say you are planning to buy a house a year from now and you already have some idea of what the house would be like.

than you're gonna start to notice among all the houses those that somehow fits your imagined house.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Since someone i care for has not been talking to me ive noticed a large number of people i start talking to that after i find out their names later they nearly all have the same first letter of her name. This is highly disproportionate once i consider i never knew so many people with same first letter. Also see some amount of other things that i associate with them but im not noticing them more there really is more appearing it seems.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

About six months ago I started noticing people prefacing answers and explanations with the word "So".

Drives me nutz.

I noticed that, too! From people like scientists and experts of various topics being interviewed!

I guess it's better than "Um", or "Like", though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I suffered no injury but felt my nose push inwards and upwards into my brain, but when i checked, not even a chipped tooth. I landed tip of nose first, my hands couldnt catch the fall.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Interesting that this seems to happen to so many! Thanks for the replies guys!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join