It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant from "The Attic"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've seen alot of ideologies posted on here about how old world religion and god is and how it would be best to remove those elements from our society to better the world!

But what I don't see however is one logical theologian pointing out that alot of problems in society stem from Money, and the mental condition to want to be better then someone. That need to feel like you are above and beyond someone else.

Yes those old world ideas corrupt and blemish anything in it's wake therefore. At the heart of the problems is Money, and the previous mentioned mentality.

How do we remove those ideas? What do we replace them with?

The way I see if we are going to remove something holding us back let's really make leaps and bounds. Not having church's around is the same as not going to church. You know how many people don't go to church.

And forcing someone to remove faith from there mind and heart is just psychopathic. It'd down right prove that any and all listening to the very idea have an extreme personality disorder that does not allow them to think and behave like a normal adult.

But you can remove money, and in doing so you slowly remove the idea that you are better then someone else. Because now anyone is capable f seeing and having the samething you have.

Infact what would happen is people would have to revert to being intelligent. Because only through knowing could someone feel better then someone else.

If that happened then mankind is forced into a new age.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I believe money would be replaced by something else - something one person can hold over the other. (e.g. Mad Max and water). At the core of it all is the human necessity to be greedy. I think it's OK to have money, or some other token object of value, but the need to claim it determines our future. We live in a very competitive world that is currently encouraging everyone to fight for their own cause. Perhaps, one day, there will be a greater cause to fight for - something to look forward to. Religion sorta satisfies that need, but the sheer capability to attain it is so hard, it leaves many to abandon it. Instant gratification is the name of the game for today's humans...

Alas...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

You wont ever removed them. As long as there are people wanting and needing stuff from someone else...it doesnt matter if its $$$ or rocks and sticks.

If someone has it...and someone wants it...there will always be an exchange of some one thing for some other thing.

Remove the $$ equation...and its still the same with just some other commodity. Therefore the same psychological factors remain the same. Even without $$$.

Want and need, have or have not, got it-want-it-need it-get-it. The money factor is irrelevant. It would jsut be soemthing else exchangeable for stuff...all the rest remains the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't think having money is about being better than someone. Having more money equals security and pleasure, although, I am sure many people who are rich think they're better than everyone else. But I get what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Agreed but when it's stripped down to skills for resources the mere fact that you could easier come over and install a window for a person and or business would grant you access to needs.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Point I was making. Lets remove something that is going to cause a side-effect that encourages advancement via leaps and bounds. You got it. I'm just breaking it down...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

Your points are well taken. But as a worldwide, historical, international means of compensation....there are way too many people in the world to give up $$$ and say...begin a world-wide society of traders-for-goods.

And Im saying we should be like that. It would be a much simpler world if we started a "Ill do this for you...and you give me this for that" in exchange.Remove the $$$...and to a very small degree, we'd all be in the same boat.

Problem with that? All the people in the world couldnt care less. Some of us do...others dont give a crap, while even more could go either way...and the others are greedy and dont care who lives or dies over the accumulation of wealth.

I think its a long way off of having a world without $$$. As I said before. It would just be something else...rocks....or whatever to say "I got and want...more than you".

In a perfect world though.....

new topics

top topics

join