It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Shot in Head in Missouri Town Roiled by Michael Brown Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A woman was shot in the head in an apparent drive-by shooting early Wednesday in the Missouri town wracked by protests following the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by a police officer. St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman said four to five black males apparently carried out the shooting on Highmont Drive in Ferguson, Mo., and fled in a car. The unidentified woman was transported to a hospital via EMS, but her condition was unknown just before 1:30 a.m. local time. It was not immediately clear if the shooting was in any way related to the recent unrest in Ferguson.

Woman Shot in Head in Missouri Town Roiled by Michael Brown Protests

I bet there won't be any protests or Obama press conferences supporting or speaking about this actually innocent woman.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

I bet there won't be any protests or Obama press conferences supporting or speaking about this actually innocent woman.

This incident saddens me but I do not expect any protests either.

Gang members/criminals are for the most part scumbags and we should expect this from them, meanwhile the police are held to certain standards since they are there "to serve and protect".

So it should be no surprise that people are protesting the cold blood murder of an unarmed man. That being said, I do think that the race pimps from both sides are doing everything they can to capitalize on the events unfolding in Ferguson as they never let a crisis go to waste.

These events always play into several agendas...

ETA:

I DO NOT condone the looting and other criminal activity that is happening at these protests.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I want the names and addresses of ALL of these people involved....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's events like this that pretty much erase anything the protest of the PD might have accomplished.
Probably completely, but this just puts another black eye on the people that are not doing anything violent but will get lumped in with these individuals.

And ya you can't expect obama to give a press conference anytime someone dies by a drive by shooting.
They happen all the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Assuming this is an unwarranted police killing (and I am not saying it is or is not), should we expect Obama to give a press conference every time an unwarranted police killing occurs? I'm pretty sure it happens more than we hear about it. There may be more justification here because of the protests (and his response was intended to quell them). I'm surprised, though, that he didn't say "that could have been my son." Perhaps he learned his lesson with Trayvon ....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Typically when information is needed from the locals during a crime investigation, the locals are mum. But let a cop get involved in a shooting, they demand info and justice.

I imagine most of the neighborhood will ignore and not help to solve this one.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well we could go into what if's all day and what obama's response should be to them. Don't see how that is relevant to this incident.
IMO if this was a cop that got killed we would have heard about it by now, they don't keep that quite. There would be a man hunt for the individuals. And no unwarranted killing of cops does not happen more then we hear about, they blast that all over the news to warrant what ever their response to the killing is

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So how does this shooting impact/change the pigs shooting the unarmed teen again?

Wait, it doesn't and you're just looking to distract from the fact our police forces are filled with jack booted thugs.

Good try though.

Derek

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I want the names and addresses of ALL of these people involved....

If you were the real cancer man/smoking man id be worried what you would do with them lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
So how does this shooting impact/change the pigs shooting the unarmed teen again?

Wait, it doesn't and you're just looking to distract from the fact our police forces are filled with jack booted thugs.

Good try though.

Derek

So the only situation or crime that matters is something that might be called or claimed as police brutality.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To be fair, they don't need a man hunt because they have the cop who shot him. You don't hear much after a suspect is captured until trial, etc. They are doing an Internal investigation and will release information in due time. Telling a rioting town the cop's name would only incite more violence and potentially someone trying to kill a cop who may not be as guilty as public opinion has deemed him (based on no real evidence, only hearsay and the contradicting stories). I thought we had an innocent until proven guilty system in this country? I promise you wouldn't want it any other way (see North Korea for example).

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You racist! How goddamn dare you suggest people be held accountable for their actions!

The people of Ferguson have suffered enough without you piling on them. If some peaceful, freedom fighter was performing a drive by negotiation and a woman got in the way and got herself shot, it ain't his fault. It's the governments fault for not providing him with a better job opportunity.

These peaceful freedom fighters have no jobs because there's no industry in Ferguson to hire them, and they're not gonna move or commute or get educated or anything like that. It's the governments job to bring work to them. Oh, and that job better not start before noon, cause they were up all night looting, they're kinda tired.

And this boy Michael Brown, nevermind that he had just shoplifted or that he was a 300lb 18 year old. It's the governments job to raise that boy right, not his parents. The policeman should have known that and acted accordingly. When innocent black babies are dealing with a cop it is the cops responsibility to understand their culture and interpret their violent actions through the lens of said culture.

Any questions?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

... I see what you did there ....

top topics

join