It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis still butchering, UKs` response? `lets drop food`!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
looking more and more like alex jones nailed it

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl
great, nobody seems to care.

keep enjoying your robin williams tribute clips, lets just hope that the slow beheadings and tortures going on in iraq and syria right now, all stop while you watch youtube

lol seeing you put up a Robin Williams thread I find you comical lol.
Back to the OP but most people in the UK would not stand for another boots on the ground war, we can do many things to help and we should help them but just getting involved in a war would only make things worse, lets help the Iraqis to fight ISIS.

edit on 13-8-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well guys it seems even though the few US air strikes , did help the kurds take a couple of tiny villages back (yay)

it did nothing but make the isis change their tactics and simply be more cautious, and the pentagon have admitted their strikes are doing nothing to help the overall situation, literally its like kicking a hornets nest.
www.foxnews.com...

However, lets forward to the situation now where as recent as today, more towns are captured by isis, this time in Syria, not far from the Turkey border would you believe it!

www.aljazeera.com...

The UK (just like the US) are terrified at a prospect of sending in troops, (they dont want to look bad or offend people), whatever.. and keep stressing there will be no `boots on the ground`. Yep.

So today there was an agreement to send in aid, yep more rice/ water/ lamp bottles, keep doing that, all you are doing is giving the poor yazidis and minority groups ( theres literally about 750 000 people being persecuted if you count christians/ yazidis and other sects), a bit more borrowed time to live that is all it is, its like not pulling out the life support machine just yet.

Generals have spoken out both in the UK and U.S and firmly said this is different to the taliban or even al kaieda at their strongest, this is like aztecs meets nazi germany ON STEROIDS, this is a barbaric cult who enjoy mass killing / torture/ slavery to literally anyone on a mass scale, and have huge funding, large numbers of fighters, and large numbers joining every day. This is the single biggest threat in our life times to the civilised world, because they have stated clearly, their goal is the west when they get the middle east.

We still have a chance now to stop this. Imagine if its another month till any firm direct military action is taken, and by then its too late!
we have the chance to divert a genocide now, and i`m not just referring to the yazeedes, as granted countries are starting to rescue them, albeit under fire, i`m aware of that, but at this rate of rescuing about 10-20 each time, it would take many months as there are literally thousands of them still stuck in the mountains. And not just yazeedes, christians all other minority groups, even muslims who dont agree with isis are being butchered.

History could well look back years from now to this government and say `why did you not do anything about it when the warnings and pleas were there`!

Oh, sorry, i forgot, obama is too busy playing golf, and the media are too interested in covering robin williams to care!

Well seeing as dropping bombs and shooting **** up the Murican way just causes collatrol damage, which then spawnns more terrorists from familys wanting revenge....humanitarian probably more effective.

But only big explosions and shootings cool so lets continue doing that and piss more people off !
edit on 13-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I'm not niave about this. When they do these air raids, are they really getting ISIS or are they getting ISIS's targets? The news guy said, this isn't from us, its what the government is giving us to say (paraphrased), so considering that, we don't know what happened.

When they send aid to the "christians and other ancient populations, is it really for them, or are they dropping aid to ISIS?

I don't trust them.

--
Wow, really?

Are you so far gone beyond CTs that your just in looney land to even consider such a thing?

chances are, some other network would have seen something of what your suggesting.

Have some faith man.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Another American hipocrite ... when i's Ukraine, and the people who suffer are Russian. Then, people aren't even allowed to bring them aid ...

But hey, look at em now ... oh my God, it's ISIS ... they're a threat to Americans.

You think they're going to swim over to the US and start killing spree there ... adolf?

The problem here is this, the US "allowed" ISIS to take US weaponry from Iraqi soldiers. They sat with a blind eye, to them taking over weapons ... and their "targetting" of ISIS, is merely superficial to the point of stopping their advancement on Kurdistan. Which, the US has an agreement with Turkey on. So it's off limits to ISIS.

Basically, the US/UK have no right to vage war here ... but they do have the right, to destroy american weaponry that was stolen. This is what they "should" do, and if they did ... it would dramatically change the situation. Level it, so to speak ...

The US is only using ISIS, just like they used Al Qaida, for the purpose of excusing another presence in the middle east. When they do enter the middle east, they'll use their position, to advance on Assad. Not to advance on IS.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

great, nobody seems to care...... slow beheadings and tortures going on in iraq and syria right now, all stop while you watch youtube

So exactly what are the arab nations or nations in the area, Turkey, Syria etc doing to stop them?

Or are they just waiting for the UK/USA to stop them, so they can whine about the west interfering!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

It's using this to advance on Assad that pisses me the hell off.

What kind of logic is... "ISIS is bad so lets go kill Assad and arm his enemies some more?" lol... they think we are all stupid or something. Yet, that's exactly what they are saying!

edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
According to the bbc

www.bbc.co.uk...

America arent going to evacuate the people stranded on the mountains
because
i quote

`there are only thousands not tens of thousands`)

pfft!

Im pretty sure that a year from now when it turns out theres been genocide the world will say why didnt we act

originally posted by: hellobruce

great, nobody seems to care...... slow beheadings and tortures going on in iraq and syria right now, all stop while you watch youtube

So exactly what are the arab nations or nations in the area, Turkey, Syria etc doing to stop them?

Or are they just waiting for the UK/USA to stop them, so they can whine about the west interfering!

Exactly, there are so many arab nations, what do they do to help `their brother muslims`?
NOTHING

this is why i am convinced, muslims do not give a crap about muslims

this is why i simply dont feel sorry for the palestinians in the slightest

if you gave Israel to the arabs, it would become a war zone, these are people who belong 2000 years ago in the jungles, not in civilised society
edit on 14-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"this is why i am convinced, muslims do not give a crap about muslims."

"this is why i simply dont feel sorry for the palestinians in the slightest"

How can one witness the atrocities perpetrated against the people of Gaza and Palestine and not feel sorry for them? There not all Muslims you know and even if the were most of them are civilian woman and children. I should probably also add just because people are Muslim in no way makes them synonymous with terrorists or terrorism.

I think you may have a problem regarding empathy. Providing the poor souls with food is obviously not good enough for you. You also seem to require a show of force. Here is some news for you, Britain is on its arse right now, we don't want any more armed conflict, truth is we simply can't afford it.

edit on 14-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"this is why i am convinced, muslims do not give a crap about muslims."

"this is why i simply dont feel sorry for the palestinians in the slightest"

How can one witness the atrocities perpetrated against the people of Gaza and Palestine and not feel sorry for them? There not all Muslims you know and even if the were most of them are civilian woman and children. I should probably also add just because people are Muslim in no way makes them synonymous with terrorists or terrorism.

I think you may have a problem regarding empathy. Providing the poor souls with food is obviously not good enough for you. You also seem to require a show of force. Here is some news for you, Britain is on its arse right now, we don't want any more armed conflict, truth is we simply can't afford it.

ya right, gaza. ooooooooooo so sad!

tell us how many christians and jews live there.
don't even try to equate gaza children with what IS is doing to women and children.

food and water to the people is a good thing if it's effective.
more important is to get the people to safety.

bombing the crap out of IS is the only way, kill em all after securing the mosul dam from them or better yet, do it at the same time.

you brits are going to quit? i doubt it. more wishful thinking from the huggers on both sides of the pond.
multitasking is a good thing.

and speaking of empathy, i don't doubt dinogirl's.
your's need more focus and direction.

gaza is so last month.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Here is some news for you, Britain is on its arse right now, we don't want any more armed conflict, truth is we simply can't afford it.

Speak for yourself - I think most people wouldn't mind intervention if it was for a genuine reason. Before Iraq, the UK intervened in the Balkans, Sierra Leone etc and the public supported it. It was only because of the BS we were fed people got jaded, but we shouldn't let Iraq and the lefty hand wringers dominate our Foreign policy for the next 50 years. As one of the World's most powerful countries, we have an obligation to help those in need.

As for Britain being on it's arse - not sure why you'd think that. Out of all the "advanced economies", we're doing brilliantly. Unemployment is falling like a stone and the economy is growing - better than most actually.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I say lets drop canned food to ISIS. Out of date of coarse. Pork and beans would be good.

but drop it from 30,000 feet.

By dropping food no one could complain because its not bombs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

When do you leave!
personally I think your post is more anti Obama/West,
rather than serious concern for the situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I say lets drop canned food to ISIS. Out of date of coarse. Pork and beans would be good.

but drop it from 30,000 feet.

By dropping food no one could complain because its not bombs.

lol, 55gal drums of pork and beans.

30k ft? what kind of blast radius we talkin bout?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Exactly, i can understand them being hesitant to help christians, but hesitant to help their `brother arabs/ brother muslims`?

Same reason why none of these countries take in palestinian refugees

muslims do not give a DAMN about muslims! its a death cult!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

How can you claim a nation that still operates food banks is not on its arse? Unemployment may well be falling but most people getting back into work these days are all getting minimum wage jobs. Then there is the distinct possibility that the UK may well lose Scotland in the coming Yes or No vote. I think the supplies being dropped to these people is exactly the correct thing to be doing and any show of military force on our part in the region will only exacerbate the situation at home and over there.
edit on 16-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

"ya right, gaza. ooooooooooo so sad!"

Love to see you taking the mickey if you were one of the poor civilian sods on the other end of an Israeli barrage.

"tell us how many christians and jews live there.
don't even try to equate gaza children with what IS is doing to women and children."

Roughly 3.9 million Palestinians living in the Occupied Territories, less than two percent are Christians. But 2% of 3.9 million equates to 78000! Religion is neither here nor there with regards to bombing innocents I imagine God does not discriminate any more than Flechette artillery rounds do.

"you brits are going to quit? i doubt it. more wishful thinking from the huggers on both sides of the pond.
multitasking is a good thing."

Time will tell on that score i imagine.

"food and water to the people is a good thing if it's effective.
more important is to get the people to safety."

Can't get to safety if you die in the process of escape due to malnutrition, lack of water or proper medical supplies. I do agree the poor souls need to get to safety i just dont think military action on our part will help never mind be affective. All we do is breed more terrorists when we bomb.

"bombing the crap out of IS is the only way, kill em all after securing the mosul dam from them or better yet, do it at the same time."

We could secure said dam using only our special forces but what do we do once we occupy said structure? We need a more peaceful solution i'm afraid.

"and speaking of empathy, i don't doubt dinogirl's.
your's need more focus and direction."

I want to feed and give them water and you to wish to see a return to military conquest? I'm wondering whether you understand the meaning of Empathy? So sad!

"gaza is so last month."

Statements like that one just show the measure of your mettle!

edit on 16-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Another case of damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Simple fact is the UK / US have had their fingers burnt in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
I for one can fully understand why politicians are reluctant to commit to anything more than aid at present.

If 'we' do get directly involved then it must be part of a multi-national force led by someone other than UK / USA and with a specific direction and aim.

Problem is, very few nations / organisations have the capability or the drive to implement such an operation.

I don't see how anyone can really criticise Cameron for his current course of action.

On a slightly different tack; yes, it would be good if the Islamic world itself was prepared to do more themselves about this, but come on, its not going to happen.
Who would take the lead?

I suspect the majority of Muslims would like to see the UK / USA deal with the problem but would demonise them the minute the immediate threat was eliminated.

Seen it all before - sad, but very true.

What would I do?
Don't know - I certainly don't envy our 'leaders' in situations like this because there is no easy or straightforward answer or solution.

What I would do is revoke the citizenship of every single British national known to be fighting for IS, or The Taliban or any other terrorist organisation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join