It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea for the officers name. . . what do you think ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

I submit, making the name of someone like this public beyond those directly involved in the legal and investigative process is about public voyeurism, not a need to know for any tangible gain or requirement of any sort. Certainly not in the emotional short term following something like this.

Indeed. Wrabbit2000 the whole post you made there, was well thought out and written, I agree with you.

Folks gotta step back for a bit. Take a deep breath. Let the family decide how they want to go about this. While I love anon, I do not feel this is their typical MO. going after political agendas, and leaping before they look.

They have never been known as a "responsible" group in the past. Putting demands on cops, even with good intentions, never work out the way you plan it. Granted they are protecting the good to do protestors who are doing it the right way, by saying, if you hurt any of the protestors we will do X. Or Y. The world is watching this unfold in real time.

I am bowing out respectfully of these threads until more information becomes clear. If it will ever be clear now, IDK. The waters are getting pretty murky at this point here.

And that up there comes from my previous post stating about the family should being able to know, not so much public knowledge. The parents should be allowed the right to know who killed their son. That was going to happen, but the fishy Anon steps in and makes demands kind of off their typical MO.

In this case, the group’s demands are a little different than how it typically operates. Instead of simply calling for justice for Brown or reacting to perceived injustices, it is also urging federal lawmakers to draft legislation— a ‟Mike Brown’s Law”—imposing ‟strict national standards for police conduct in the U.S.A.”

I know well about Anon, as I was one of the first posters, bringing up Anon videos back in 2006 on ATS, and fighting for my right to even post them here on the forums. S.O stepped in and granted me that right, under the right conditions, not breaking TaC.
Just does not feel like old school Anon MO. But what they are doing is a GOOD thing, don't get me wrong. I am sympathetic to Anon's cause. Always will be.
But then again, its been 8 years since then, and Anon shifts and changes, it is not one group of people, rather an idea and network of people across the broad spectrum.

Zysin5 wrote:
The officer is getting special protection, and getting his due process.
I feel the name should be released to the family. The family has a right to know who murdered their son. The public on the other hand.. Well it is not so cut and dry. Many points of view. And I will reserve more until more information comes out.

Yet as it stands. I did a search on Mike Brown. I did not find any criminal records. He did not seem to be like a violent kid. I found the opposite. A kid who was getting ready for school, and to start his life. But it was ended, by some "guy" We know nothing about. We can not even verify that if this cop had issues in their past.. Or if he had been in trouble in the past. Yet everyone can google and back ground search on Mike Brown. Seems to be double standards here.

The whole protection of the cop family and line stuff.. Understandable to a point. Yet there are consequences for actions taken, and it seems that the whole thing is lop sided and more double standards. If it was not a cop.. This story would not have even be heard of. It would just be another senseless crime, that happens everyday. But the thing is..This was a tipping point. Enough is enough. Law enforcement is getting out of hand. And no one can verify the cop and his past actions. It should be transparent. If anything bad happens to the cop or the family.. Then arrests could be made, and would be on the same playing field as the rest of us.

Just goes to show.. If your a cop, You get special protection. No doubt. No one else gets that special protection. Even in light of threats. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

edit on 13-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread. I am sorry, as it happens occasionally, I had to duck out in the mist of a good debate. Everyone made some valid points from all sides of the fence and I only feel sorrow that we must again be discussing these issues, instead of ones this site was originally committed to.
I have an anonymous symbol at the bottom as my signature. This symbol has been in place since I joined ATS in 2010. I was originally a member back in the days and through the years and several moves, have lost many associations with them in certain areas. The problem this group faces now is the disenfranchised cells it operates under. What one area agrees and decides on, is quite different from another. I personally do not condone most of there actions recently, for they are becoming more and more just what they weren't supposed to be: radical, fanatical and terroristic. For every action an equal and opposite reaction, sounds good in film but in real life it's not always the case.
I hope there is an end to the senseless violence in our future as a country.
I hope many of us don't have to die senselessly in order for this to happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: pavil

I'll say the same to you as I did beezer. By all means look at what I've used to come to my conclusion and check my work. Do your own work and if you come to something different, let's check it out.

I'm not saying I got it all figured out. Just that things seem consistent for in what I've found. Please, prove me wrong if you can. I'd love to see what you can come up with.

It's not like I win anything for being right or anything. Prove my theory wrong. If I agree with yours, fine with me. I'll admit it.

No Offense mojo, I did read the thread. The evidence gathering is not complete, therefore you can't make a judgement one way or the other. I have no desire to "check your facts", I'll let the FBI and other agencies do that. I'm pretty sure they will do a more through job than either of us can. Personally, I have no skin in the game, I have better things to do.

In the other thread, you seem to take friends of the slain Mr Brown word at face value. That can be a wrong thing to do, especially in a situation like this. I'm sure friends and neighbors in the area will have slightly skewed version of events, it's pretty normal.

Let all the facts be know and then we can ascertain fault. Jumping to conclusions without all the facts, tends to not work out very well, that's all I'm saying.

If I've learned anything here at ATS, it's wait for more complete info before going all in. I've made the same mistake myself.

edit on 13-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

I'm sorry that I agree with you. If the justice system can post names and faces of people that commit crimes on websites and newspapers the police should in theory be held to the same standard.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
No Offense mojo, I did read the thread. The evidence gathering is not complete, therefore you can't make a judgement one way or the other. I have no desire to "check your facts", I'll let the FBI and other agencies do that. I'm pretty sure they will do a more through job than either of us can. Personally, I have no skin in the game, I have better things to do.

So you disagree with me based on the opinion that I need to do more research. Yet you haven't verified anything yourself or checked my work either.

That's cool. No offense taken. I won't argue that more research is always good form. I'll keep working on it and maybe I can put together a more organized layout too. That way it's easier to see what I consider evidence and for others to check my work without having to search through multiple posts and all that junk.

In the other thread, you seem to take friends of the slain Mr Brown word at face value. That can be a wrong thing to do, especially in a situation like this. I'm sure friends and neighbors in the area will have slightly skewed version of events, it's pretty normal.

No there is more to it than that. Basically I'm using the News reports that have been issued from both National and Local news as well as from Conservative and Liberal sources. Then I use the Eye Witness reports in whatever form I can find them in and whatever reports I can find that come from official sources when I can find them. Then I take all of those and compare the information within them and note the matches as well as the differences. Then with all that in mind I try and view the overall event combined with some common sense and reasoning to try and come up with the most probable conclusion. So it's not just one report or whatever that I'm going by, but a combination of all of them.

Let all the facts be know and then we can ascertain fault. Jumping to conclusions without all the facts, tends to not work out very well, that's all I'm saying.

If I've learned anything here at ATS, it's wait for more complete info before going all in. I've made the same mistake myself.

Sure. It's not like whatever conclusion I come to matters to anyone else though. Like anything else we all have our theories and reasons for them. The difference here is just that it's being documented and discussed and allows others to add their own ideas too both for and against.

Also, because of the extra information that is still coming in from others like Libertygal and some other members I still need to go over the material again and possibly rethink my original theory. So it's probably not correct to say that I have a conclusion just yet. Just a workable theory based upon the material, which at this point is still coming in and changing as time goes on.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 13-8-2014 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
his name should not be released until charged with a crime.

if they tell the family, how long does one think it will stay in the family?

how many rioters were from ferguson, anyway?

was the cop white? probably a stupid question on my part.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Absolutely they should release his name.

Now I understand that some will say they fear for the Officer's life if his name were to be released, but to that I say... so what.

"But how can you say that!??"

Easy. If the shoe were on the other foot, the name would be released. We have millions of examples where a suspect's name is released, no matter what the circumstances.

Did anyone worry about the life or safety of Casey Anthony?

The Police had no issues with giving out the name of George Zimmerman did they?

These are recent examples. These are people whose lives are finished, even though they had their day in Court and were found not guilty. Police have no issues with trying a case in the Court of Public Opinion. Pick up any local newspaper, most of the time you will find a section of every person who was arrested through out the week, no matter what petty crime it is, and none of these people have had a day in Court. They are simply accused of a crime.

So why should this Officer, or ANY Officer, not be subject to the same scrutiny that Joe Blow is after being issued a citation for jaywalking?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
his name should not be released until charged with a crime.

if they tell the family, how long does one think it will stay in the family?

how many rioters were from ferguson, anyway?

was the cop white? probably a stupid question on my part.

Until they identify the cop by name, most witnesses say the cop was black.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Because the family does not press charges in a murder case, the state does.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Wrongful death suit is a civil matter.

Most would not consider doing this until after an investigation is done, in which the name will be released.
Most police forces seem to be losing these more and more lately if they even get to court, some are settled out of it. I can't help but feel they are buying their way out of justice, yet again!

It is a sad day for the USA, to have gotten to this point means we already missed the chance to fight it. Those of us that were screaming years ago, did so in vain on deaf ears. And now we have this, which will only get worse!

A nanny state, ruled by a police state, directed by a state of incompetence, headed by a state of anonymity!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You lost me at "shoots an innocent man dead". Please enlighten us as to all the facts. Other than that, exceptional post.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Because the family does not press charges in a murder case, the state does.

Thanks, there have been conflicting reports over the procedure.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Unless this turned into some police state - the man or woman is an employee of the government and subject to a FOIA request of course his name will become subject to the public record - charged or uncharged with a crime.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
well done anon...released the wrong friggin name

THIS is one of many reasons why I don't support vigilantes

I actually do support anon quite a bit...but this is too much

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

If you didn't read it: ATS Post

The problem is I stand for what they stood for, but unfortunately they don't stand for it anymore. I noticed the change coming years ago with leadership disputes. Then after that everyone got so set up in their own little click's, that it was only a matter of time before you had a bunch of kids making important decisions without the knowledge and foresight to see their decisions would leave lasting impacts if done incorrectly!

I need a new signature now, I think it's time to shed my skin. . .

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

AnteBellum...

Remember as you shed your skin, to keep in mind the journey that lead you to where you are now, and where you will be in the future. The things that made it a good idea to take up with Anonymous have not changed, and the spirit in which people rage against the machine these days (if you will pardon the reference) is still alive and well. The direction that takes may have changed but the intent is still pure.

Me? I have never been down that particular road, but I admire the amount of effort that has been expended by Anonymous and their affiliates over the years. Its true that what they have done lately has sucked a big one in a lot of important ways, and as a result their influence has some what less impact these days than it once did, but that takes nothing away from the fact that Anonymous or something VERY like it, needs to continue to exist, for at least as long as the powers against which it rebels continue to exist.

It is not as if actual "within system" political activism works any more after all!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is breaking news here.

FERGUSON, Missouri -- The police officer who fatally shot unarmed teen Michael Brown, prompting days of unrest in Ferguson, Missouri and rallies nationwide, has been identified as Darren Wilson.

This has been taken over by the Highway patrol, and is hoping to head in a new direction. But we shall wait and see what the reality is on the ground.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My view point is as follows:

Until he is indited, the name should not be released to the public. Once that name is revealed, and especially in this case, it will put him, his family, friends and neighbors in a situation where they could become targets for some of the more radical elements of the protesters out there.

If you recall, during the entire Trayvon Martin incident, how a radical element put a bounty on Zimmerman's head. Now the police will have twice the duty to do, one is to try to prevent more destruction from rioting and looters and to try to protect the family members of the officer and the officer himself to ensure that he does go to trial. It was a mistake for them to release said name, unless they have all of his family and the officer in protective custody and out of the area until the trial is over.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
For what it's worth...The name is now appearing all over as an official release and announcement.

I'd assume this will have come after all necessary consideration has been taken for safety and I'll bet, after seeing events last night.

After all, last night showed the people some have called all manor of vile thing, out there and peaceful as anyone could ask for. Peaceful, while police from 3 agencies walked among them in pairs or even alone, with no seeming fear of their own.

I think it's over, personally, and I think this may have been a piece needed at this stage to help insure it remains that way. I also think seeing it come officially means concerns are moot, and handled.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join