It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea for the officers name. . . what do you think ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: thesaneone

Because we chance it all the time when someone isn't a police officer. What makes him so special?

Really? Are you that ignorant that you can't see.
What about if they target the wrong person with the same name?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Will his guilt or innocence be swayed by releasing his name?

The court of public opinion has already found him guilty.

What would be the point of releasing his name?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"The value of releasing the name is far outweighed by the risk of harm to the officer and his family,"

and therein lies the conundrum.

The police are employees of the taxpayers does the employer (the taxpayer) not have a right to know the name of the people who are working for him?
If they feel that by releasing his name it will put him in danger then he can depend on the police to protect him like we the common people have to do everyday.

The real conundrum here is that since the authorities put a high priority on protecting the officer,there is a huge incentive to NOT file charges against him because then his name will have to be released.Will the value of filing charges against him far outweigh the risk of harm to the officer and his family,that filing charges will create?

I look at it this way, the overall benefit to society of not allowing the police to anonymously shoot people and remain anonymous far outweighs the value of keeping their names anonymous.

edit on 13-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What good comes from knowing the name, address ect of the officer? Are you going to just knock on his door?

We don't know what even happened in the squad car. There seems to have been a struggle with a gun, how exactly does that happen to an innocent man? If I'm in a police car and a gun falls at my feet, I'm not picking it up. Pretty sure there are important details of this not being made public yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So because one person was killed that immediately devalues the lives and well being of other innocent people? That being the family of this police officer?

How are their lives and safety worth any less?

Let us not abandon our humanity in favor of retribution

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
What good comes from knowing the name, address ect of the officer? Are you going to just knock on his door?

We don't know what even happened in the squad car. There seems to have been a struggle with a gun, how exactly does that happen to an innocent man? If I'm in a police car and a gun falls at my feet, I'm not picking it up. Pretty sure there are important details of this not being made public yet.

Actually, we've been going over this and I think we've come to a pretty good conclusion of what happened and it's pretty much just like what has been reported by the Eye Witness reports and his friend Johnson. Check it out here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sometimes examples need to be made. Keeping this officers name a secret goes to show the disconnect between the public and the police. Police used to be members of community but now their shift briefings are more akin to a military occupation. Officers should know who the people in the community are and the community should know the officers as members to that community. Under those circumstances there would be little risk from the community retaliating against the officer because they know the officer and his/her family. Plus the officer would be less likely to shoot at a fellow community members child not out of fear but out of responsibility.

Communities need to be smaller as well as police jurisdictions.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So the officer is guilty.

Okay.

Why can't we just kill him? I mean, that's what everyone is saying, right?

He's guilty, so lets lynch him.

Pass out his name, address, maybe even his Faceblog page.

Grab a rope.

(I'll bring the pitchfork, torch and donuts)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: thesaneone

Because we chance it all the time when someone isn't a police officer. What makes him so special?

Really? Are you that ignorant that you can't see.
What about if they target the wrong person with the same name?

It sure happened with Zimmerman AND his family...AND innocent people with the same name...
edit on 13-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Sometimes examples need to be made.

Do you know how dangerous those 6 words can be?

Remember there are 2 sides to a coin.
Be carful of what you ask for.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yup and if I remember correctly some celebrities also tweeted out the wrong address.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I dont think you understand..They are not required by law to release a name UNLESS criminal charges are filed.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Where are these folks when a black teen male is murdered by a black teen male? A simple google search will tell you how high the murder rate of young black males in St Louis is.
news.google.com...,3629856

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So the officer is guilty.

Okay.

Why can't we just kill him? I mean, that's what everyone is saying, right?

He's guilty, so lets lynch him.

Pass out his name, address, maybe even his Faceblog page.

Grab a rope.

(I'll bring the pitchfork, torch and donuts)

I'm not a jury or anything. What I'm saying is that it's looking like the details are checking out and there is a consistent story coming from everyone but the Police.

That's all I'm saying and everything I base that on is all in that thread too. I even ask that others check my math and see for themselves. So please do. I don't want think I'm right if I'm wrong. I want to know what happened so by all means, check my work if you want.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: pavil

Actually, we've been going over this and I think we've come to a pretty good conclusion of what happened and it's pretty much just like what has been reported by the Eye Witness reports and his friend Johnson. Check it out here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just read that thread, doesn't sound like we have all the info to make valid assumptions one way or the other. Rather than leap to a conclusion, doesn't it make sense to get all the information before determining guilt or innocence?
edit on 13-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh, as far as getting revenge or mob justice, look back a page or two. I'm saying NOT to release his name. I'm for doing this the right way. I just hope that it is handled correctly.

I'm not one of the Torch waving PitchFork folks. I want to see real justice and our system actually working like it should, not the other way around. So please make sure you understand what my position is before you make any claims about me.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm not a jury or anything. What I'm saying is that it's looking like the details are checking out and there is a consistent story coming from everyone but the Police.

Has ANY story come from the police investigation of the shooting yet?

That's all I'm saying and everything I base that on is all in that thread too. I even ask that others check my math and see for themselves. So please do. I don't want think I'm right if I'm wrong. I want to know what happened so by all means, check my work if you want.

Even if you are right, and the officer did commit a crime against the young man, when did the public become judge-jury-executioner for the officer?

edit on 13-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Apologies

I was under the impression that you wanted the officers name released.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I'll say the same to you as I did beezer. By all means look at what I've used to come to my conclusion and check my work. Do your own work and if you come to something different, let's check it out.

I'm not saying I got it all figured out. Just that things seem consistent for in what I've found. Please, prove me wrong if you can. I'd love to see what you can come up with.

It's not like I win anything for being right or anything. Prove my theory wrong. If I agree with yours, fine with me. I'll admit it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Has ANY story come from the police investigation of the shooting yet?

Not really. Just bits and pieces. The worst part is that what they have said has been the opposite of the story, which means someone is gonna be caught lying their ass off. But no, they have been pretty hush hush in fact they keep making more and more details secret as time goes on it seems. But there are different teams working on this. there is the Local cops and what they said so far and then the Feds who haven't said anything at all yet. So we just have to wait and see.

Even if you are right, and the officer did commit a crime against the young man, when did the public become judge-jury-executioner for the officer?

I don't know. I don't agree with any of that. The way I see this is kinda like a mental exercise. None of it is personal for me so it may as well just be a mystery novel or something. IMO you always want to remove emotion from stuff like this because it clouds up your thinking. That's why I say let the system work like it should. It's a system of Reason and Logic to the best of our ability. Not perfect, but when it works like it should, that is the best we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join